G'day Punter!

In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 35 Non Members

11 whips b4 the 100m let's see about this one

West Australian Racing
Ok, race 1 Belmont today 11-September hot fave Beret runs 3rd under Jade McNaught. She hit it 11 times b4 the 100m mark. Now I'm really interested to see if the stewards are going to throw the book at her. An apprentice thinking she's invincible at the moment perhaps needs to be brought back into line

Comments

• ToepuntitToepuntit    241 posts
    The rule is rubbish anyway, in the days before the padded whips would have been relevant
  • hashhash    7,495 posts
    Flanders can you share with us what the rules actually are... how many whips and what point of the race etc etc
  • FlandersFlanders    1,197 posts
    hash said:

Flanders can you share with us what the rules actually are... how many whips and what point of the race etc etc

5 strikes of the whip allowed prior to the 100 metre mark. Unlimited use allowed inside the last 100 metres.
  • hashhash    7,495 posts
    Interesting I never knew! Unlucky for those slow/lazy horses out the gate that need a couple round the backside to get going
  • GLAMOURGLAMOUR    677 posts
    Just read stewards report $400,they took into account her good record.
  • paraleticparaletic    3,750 posts
    Her good record.... shes been riding what, 12 months? That aint a record thats a start.

RIO likes this post.

• GLAMOURGLAMOUR    677 posts
    paraletic said:

Her good record.... shes been riding what, 12 months? That aint a record thats a start.

I thought the same,anyone else it would hsve been different.

RIO likes this post.

• FlandersFlanders    1,197 posts
    GLAMOUR said:

paraletic said:

I thought the same,anyone else it would hsve been different.

Pretty sure the stewards report said it was a "fair" record, hinting that she's been done before. If so, this penalty is absolute pathetic. She's no worse off, with the riding fee and 10% prizemoney she gets
  • RodentRodent    7,024 posts
    Racing enthusiasts need to just let this go. It's purely window dressing to appease animal activists. Status quo is fine by me.

TheDiva likes this post.