G'day Punter!

In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 37 Non Members

Northam 12/09/2019

West Australian Racing
A couple to look at today

Race 1 Lyle's Choice - Not rocket science here, clearly the top two will fight it out but the positives for Lyle's Choice are the run first up at the distance when beaten by what looks to be a good one in Adelaide Ace and of course Sir William on board. Leica Jaguar pushed subsequent city midweek winner Born to Try 1300m and stepping to 14 shouldn't be a worry. Lyles Choice $1.85 (10 units)

Race 3 Paris Report - Another shortie for the other in form jock Jade McNaught. Comes from clearly stronger form lines, last start was put into the race before the corner by Noske but was comprehensively beaten by a couple of excellent early 3yos. For me, the drop in grade, down to 52kg with the claim and back in distance to 1100m all points to a win. A soft trial by the lazily named Son of a God for S Miller can never be ignored and is worth a place bet at around the $1.90 or for the novelties if you are that way inclined. Paris Report $2.25 (10 units).

Race 7 Bucktorio - An even bunch go around in the staying race in the last. Settled on Bucktorio when running a fast finishing 3rd behind today's rivals Global Reset and San Crispino. Gets weight off those two and to me looks as though its his turn to win today. Didn't mind Hay Magic from the same race which was also fast finishing and looks to enjoy the drop back to provincial racing, but is just too inconsistent. Bucktorio $8.50/2.60 (5 units win and 10 units place)

+1 -1

Flanders likes this post.

Comments

• FlandersFlanders    1,197 posts
    H-BOMBER said:

A couple to look at today

Race 1 Lyle's Choice - Not rocket science here, clearly the top two will fight it out but the positives for Lyle's Choice are the run first up at the distance when beaten by what looks to be a good one in Adelaide Ace and of course Sir William on board. Leica Jaguar pushed subsequent city midweek winner Born to Try 1300m and stepping to 14 shouldn't be a worry. Lyles Choice $1.85 (10 units)

Race 3 Paris Report - Another shortie for the other in form jock Jade McNaught. Comes from clearly stronger form lines, last start was put into the race before the corner by Noske but was comprehensively beaten by a couple of excellent early 3yos. For me, the drop in grade, down to 52kg with the claim and back in distance to 1100m all points to a win. A soft trial by the lazily named Son of a God for S Miller can never be ignored and is worth a place bet at around the $1.90 or for the novelties if you are that way inclined. Paris Report $2.25 (10 units).

Race 7 Bucktorio - An even bunch go around in the staying race in the last. Settled on Bucktorio when running a fast finishing 3rd behind today's rivals Global Reset and San Crispino. Gets weight off those two and to me looks as though its his turn to win today. Didn't mind Hay Magic from the same race which was also fast finishing and looks to enjoy the drop back to provincial racing, but is just too inconsistent. Bucktorio $8.50/2.60 (5 units win and 10 units place)

H-BOMBER you got the job surely. 
  • H-BOMBERH-BOMBER    10,235 posts
    Happy to post thoughts when I've had a look. TMP has it worted!
    Well that first one was disappointing. Looked OK on the corner but beaten fair and square
  • RodentRodent    7,024 posts
    @H-BOMBER aren't you worried about Secait? IF it runs to its best, it wins. Obviously you aren't forgiving the 1st up run but with a change of stable and blinkers off, I would be worried about it as the trial was ok.
    K.Bennett's ride  :-&
    Rodent said:

@H-BOMBER aren't you worried about Secait? IF it runs to its best, it wins. Obviously you aren't forgiving the 1st up run but with a change of stable and blinkers off, I would be worried about it as the trial was ok.

The first up run was horrible for mine. It might well improve with Pike on but I can't have it in this race. As far as I'm aware it's stable change by name only as Parker was the foreman for Lindsay Smith previously.

TheDiva likes this post.

Trialled well without blinkers before racing poorly with them on. Blinkers off and tongue tie on makes me think there were excuses last start. Not saying it will win but I couldn't take short odds something else in the race "hoping" Secait doesn't perform.

H-BOMBER likes this post.

• FlandersFlanders    1,197 posts
    Rodent said:

K.Bennett's ride  :-&

Def not a fan. Was all over the shop on one yesterday at Ascot

Thewogboys likes this post.

Well Secait did perform well and knock off the favourite.....but Scandolo grew a leg  @-)
    Pretty tough race the 6th. I hope you've gone wide if you're still in the quaddy. 
    Nope didnt have Onya Head. 
    I was going to take a quaddy but I hated the last 2 races so opted out. Glad I did because I didn't like Onya Head either.
    Bucktorio had it's chance. No good b-(