G'day Punter!

In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 16 Non Members

How hard is punting?

West Australian Racing
We all know how good a judge Terry Leighton is but just to show how tough the punt is, he has had another no collect day today according to his betfair tips. Now losing >16% on turnover after quite a few tipping meetings.
 This certainly isn't a bag Terry thread but more to show that even the best struggle at times. Don't be discouraged, the worm will turn!
+1 -1

thefalcon likes this post.

Comments

• LETSDOTHISLETSDOTHIS    298 posts
    You know it’s bad when the best tipper in WA is struggling
  • JimmyPopJimmyPop    316 posts
    2kg differential between Great Shot and Samizdat. These set weights plus penalty races are shocking. Get more handicaps with a spread of weights.
  • TheDivaTheDiva    13,246 posts
    I reckon I’d be -50% over the same period... absolutely flyblown b-(
  • RodentRodent    7,024 posts
    TheDiva said:

I reckon I’d be -50% over the same period... absolutely flyblown b-(

I had been going gangbusters but hit a brick wall with 4 very bad meetings in a row. Eaked out a win yesterday but nothing to crow about.
    Another 0/3 today
  • therealkramertherealkramer    8,008 posts
    It's an interesting topic. Usually price is considered the most important factor but is there any solace in getting a fair price before a horse is backed if the majority get it so wrong? Take race 4 at Northam yesterday, for example: Beret was $3.4-2.20, whilst the winner Mood Goddess was $2.6-$4

It's an interesting topic. Usually price is considered the most important factor but is there any solace in getting a fair price before a horse is backed if the majority get it so wrong? Take race 4 at Northam yesterday, for example: Beret was $3.4-2.20, whilst the winner Mood Goddess was $2.6-$4

I got that one very right. I still lost on the day though  :((
  • FreoHitmanFreoHitman    426 posts
    A Quick Question Guys.
    The race in question is the last at Flemington .
    I placed a bet on Fixed yesterday and a corporate has hit me with deductions on the scratched emergencies on a full field . Are they with in their rights to pull that on me ??
  • H-BOMBERH-BOMBER    10,235 posts
    Yes I think so, only Sportsbet or 365 doesn't do that with emergencies? I hate it
    H-BOMBER said:

Yes I think so, only Sportsbet or 365 doesn't do that with emergencies? I hate it

Neither did the TAB
    Fairly deceitful imo

H-BOMBER likes this post.

Doesn’t sound right to me? Not sure if a WA rule only but we never deducted for emergencies being scratched. The NT licensed mob make their own rules though
    Who was your bet with?
    TheDiva said:

Who was your bet with?

The red n white guys with loud voices

Terry is fair dinkum going like a busted. Went into today down 20% on turnover and is 0/4 today. Spillinova/Midnight Sky and Stageman to come.
  • thefalconthefalcon    19,949 posts
    we all have our ups and downs punting, rodent....
    Betfair gig might be up in the air I reckon
    I couldn't find his tips on the main hub today which i mentioned on another thread and Rodent was kind enough to forward a link.
    Tipping is never easy and you can get caught out if you lose confidence. it is identical to punting.
    Betfair may be cutting the line as the -20% on turnover cannot be promoted.
    He will bounce back but Betfair may lose patience.
    I leave the punting landscape today a devastated man. My best two were Boomtastic & Pretty Style. The $200 double was wonderful until i looked at the slow mo - Poor punting relying on multiples however when do we learn.
  • ChrisChris    5,218 posts
    Betfair would be very stupid to dump him, he’s a great judge, just works in patches like we all do.

thefalcon likes this post.

King of WA by quite a stretch, he’ll turn it around!
    edited October 2019

I think Scott Embry is easily the best.

detonator, psycho, razor likes this post.

LETSDOTHIS dislikes this post.

• thefalconthefalcon    19,949 posts
    scott juggles his tips....
    edited October 2019
    Can’t agree there!
    JimmyPop said:

He rated Dance Music odds on. I had it $8. I get plenty wrong. Let's say I get enough right and have been doing so for a very long time.

JimmyPop, thefalcon likes this post.

• detonatordetonator    4,360 posts
    It is amazing when a horse drifts in the market the subsequent ride matches the drift.
    Casa Rosada. Say no more. ~X(

razor likes this post.

• hashhash    7,495 posts
    What was wrong with the ride
    Horse just wasn’t good enough?
    Probably could of steered it better halfway up the straight but I doubt it would have gotten much closer to the winner.... and I’m not defending him cause I was on it too
  • detonatordetonator    4,360 posts
    Haven't seen the head on but he should have gone up the inside. Appeared to have the room.
    Instead he went looking for backsides.
    Reefing it further wide at the 50m achieves nothing unless your Lohnro in an Australian Cup.
  • hashhash    7,495 posts
    He tried to several times (3 or 4) but every lime he went to take a gap they closed up on him
    Follow the horse though it’ll be winning real soon especially up to the mile
  • razorrazor    205 posts
    Rodent said:

JimmyPop said:

He rated Dance Music odds on. I had it $8. I get plenty wrong. Let's say I get enough right and have been doing so for a very long time.

He also tipped fabergino & velvet king, lay of the day born to try, took on massimo, left shuwish out of his 4 and said it would blow in market! Not the best but depends which races you focus on ay
    razor said:

Rodent said:

JimmyPop said:

He also tipped fabergino & velvet king, lay of the day born to try, took on massimo, left shuwish out of his 4 and said it would blow in market! Not the best but depends which races you focus on ay
    He made very good points about those detailed. Excellent judge.