Race 7- Walkinshaw
Race 8- Sweet n Fast
Race 9- Saleahs Command
Race 10- Lord Liam
+1 -1

Ridersonthestorm33 likes this post.

Comments

• GilgameshGilgamesh    4,718 posts
    R1: No2 Highly Flammable. I think the one horse will be happy to take the sit on him, pretty sure I saw $1.70 around somewhere yesterday, that's good shopping for me. Maximum Demand seems a fair bit of unders @$6 locally, yes was a good thing beaten Tues but no land speed records were being broken.

R2: No10 Dennis. Agree with Willie that he is the horse to beat but he doesn't represent any value from a punting viewpoint. Maybe something EW Pavarotti is the way to go.

R3: No2 Our Perkins. Think he was $4.60 with Sportsbet early. For me he is the leader and winner. I just cant see The Arsonist mustering enough to hold up. Absolution is the value, he might get the luck to win this but if he doesn't he is a great bet once he draws well.

R4: No1 Smoldering Ashes. I think at just under $5 he has got out to a really nice price to have a bet. Courage Tells zapping him is a concern but happy to see how that goes. Might have a little saver Athabascan in case it is run upside down.

R5: No1 King Of Swing. Cant go past him as the on top tip back to lead but I've had something on Speed Man, more so a place @$8 from an early market.

R6: No10 Nowuseemesmile. Good run midweek and drawn to get her favourite soft trip, more than happy to have something EW her.

R7: No1 Walkinshaw. Wouldn't be backing him with stolen money at the price but don't think anything else really represents value to beat him.

R8: No9 The Trilogy. Tonight's the night, 'I'm going all in, sit last and go straight by them with 200m to go.

R9: No1 Bill Haley. Should win on the form of its last campaign but I am happy to have a few dollars EW on Atmospherical sitting just off the pace to beat the newcomer.

Good luck all.

Ridersonthestorm33 likes this post.

• JayJayJayJay    7,629 posts
    Good work lads on your previews. Not a mention of GP trots in either that abysmal excuse of a morning paper or the TAB Form......it is after all Stratton Cup night, a $50k race, a time honoured race but not a word.....zero promotion from either RWWA or GP .....pathetic.
  • GilgameshGilgamesh    4,718 posts
    Shame about the weather jayjay as it is a really nice meeting to follow up Pinjarra's entertaining meeting
    Dirty day down here Gil, no runners for me, so staying in for the night and saving energy for next week. Some value betting around the favourites from back line draws and interesting to see if the shorties (King Of Swing and co) can prevail.

Gilgamesh, VillageKid likes this post.

Abandoned.

• ToepuntitToepuntit    241 posts
    JayJay said:

Abandoned.

Traction issues with the substandard mobiles again??

• Ridersonthestorm33Ridersonthestorm33    10,809 posts
    Drivers wouldn't wanted to have been facing the breeze tonight, even FR Kersley might have looked for cover!

VillageKid likes this post.

There is a case that it could have been called off earlier given the storm forecast was out there days ago......a hard one, as forecasts can be dire but turn out benign but to leave it until so late inconveniences greatly trainers who set off for the track early afternoon due to them not being metro domiciled. Could it not have be re run tonight? No metro racing as Kalgoorlie is stand alone? But to just abandon it is a very expensive impost on owners and trainers. Working on 100 acceptors, that's about $350,000 in training fees for no possible return, $210,000 in stakes not paid out.......That's half a million down the gurgler if my maths are right. Is there a reason why Bunbury and GP can't race on the same night? (Sky scheduling the odds on answer to that one!!!!).

VillageKid likes this post.

• VillageKidVillageKid    2,275 posts
    edited October 2019
    Spot on JJ.
    I feel for the trainers who had travelled up from the SW or from the Avon Valley only to be turned around at the gate and have to begin the long trek back home, it is bad enough that happening being a Perth local.
    There wasnt even that much rain that fell in Perth yesterday it was more the wind that was quite strong but having a quick squiz at the track there were large parts underwater especially along the pegs in the straight, just a pity some of that humongous amounts of money RWWA spend on upgrading gallops tracks every year but there doesnt seem very much spent on the harness tracks at all in comparison!
    I assume it was called off because the mobile couldnt get traction on the surface as I have seen worse GP tracks that have been rain effected?

Spot on JJ.

I feel for the trainers who had travelled up from the SW or from the Avon Valley only to be turned around at the gate and have to begin the long trek back home, it is bad enough that happening being a Perth local.
    There wasnt even that much rain that fell in Perth yesterday it was more the wind that was quite strong but having a quick squiz at the track there were large parts underwater especially along the pegs in the straight, just a pity some of that humongous amounts of money RWWA spend on upgrading gallops tracks every year but there doesnt seem very much spent on the harness tracks at all in comparison!
    I assume it was called off because the mobile couldnt get traction on the surface as I have seen worse GP tracks that have been rain effected?

You’d have thought when they spent all that money ruining the camber of the track they could have done some drainage works too
    Pretty sure we will be the last state to upgrade our mobiles