G'day Punter!

In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 34 Non Members

Comments

• TheDivaTheDiva    13,246 posts
    https://www.theage.com.au/national/victoria/prized-flemington-race-at-centre-of-weir-criminal-probe-20191009-p52z6o.html

can anyone see what the "unorthodox whipping motion" is that they are referring to? ive watched a few times along with the head on... 

• tonytony    2,361 posts
    The only thing I can possibly see is that just before his "normal" whip action he appears to sort of punch the neck area.

detonator likes this post.

• detonatordetonator    4,360 posts
    edited October 2019
    Isn't that the area where they use the jigger ??
    tony said:

The only thing I can possibly see is that just before his "normal" whip action he appears to sort of punch the neck area.

Yes ok, that’s much earlier In the straight. I had assumed it would be the last 200m or so... but I did notice that
  • savethegamesavethegame    2,786 posts
    Assumption's here but  the video alleged evidence  of red cardinal prior to melb. cup 2018 .on the treadmill seems like it clears up any doubt,
    So would John Allen be complicit in "knowing" about the crime if they found he had changed his whip action? Why would he do that unless he knew the horse had had the jigger on it at trackwork? 
  • H-BOMBERH-BOMBER    10,235 posts
    Correct. There must be jockey involvement here somewhere, we brought this up at the time.

McLean " instead of whipping him as normal, hit him in the neck a few times, he loves it and it gets him going"

Jockey "why would I do that?"

McLean "because he just...loves it. Just do it, trust me"

Jockey "that seems something not normal, something going on here, if so, I won't have a bar of it, find someone else"

Or jockey "ah I understand completely".

• savethegamesavethegame    2,786 posts
    Ten jockeys a week would be on the canvas, if you purely went on that vision......Horse in built reaction to fright= flight, so jocks push prod, poke,left,right whip , feet going..   French racing the jockeys were allowed to pull ear plugs,attached with a leather strap. where in England it was not allowed,,,,Ever watch johnny Murtagh ride done everthing bar bite them between the ears.

No doubt there gone----- but most foreign riders are all over them who can forget Autier, Kotokoljko.
    ive just watched a few of his rides over the past few weeks... if they are referring to that sharp jab to the neck that he did on trap for fools... it is a bit of a trait that he has. He does it on plenty of his rides. 

H-BOMBER likes this post.

• hashhash    7,495 posts
    TheDiva said:

https://www.theage.com.au/national/victoria/prized-flemington-race-at-centre-of-weir-criminal-probe-20191009-p52z6o.html

can anyone see what the "unorthodox whipping motion" is that they are referring to? ive watched a few times along with the head on... 

Absolutely nothing here to see whatsoever
    Not a hope in hell!!
    I could give dozens of examples of jockeys over here riding just like that before they pull the stick only for there mount to drop out and run near last but at risk of dropping names into a touchy subject I might have to hold back unfortunately
    ok to make things easier for anyone wanting to compare
    do yourself a favour and go watch Brad Rawiler's style of riding!
    you don't have to go too far back to see his latest few rides on Godolphin's horse including Hartnell (none of which won) he too along with others has that exact same style where before producing the stick gives them a tickle down the neck as if to click them up into the next gear before whipping them.... so is everyone of Brad Rawiler's rides had a jigger used on them?? please 

• detonatordetonator    4,360 posts
    Do we know of any non "Weir stable jockeys" that do that "jabbing" motion in the horses neck ?
    Maybe Rawiller doing that "jabbing" action on Godolphin horses was designed to do nothing but throw the Weir accusers off the scent ? :-?
    :)) talk about overthinking the situation too much

there's a young top hoop here that has a similar action! 
    without naming names he certainly has his fair share of winners but is also on just as many if not more slow ones for multiple trainers all over WA 
    8-|