Who's Online

0 Members & 26 Non Members

Through the bottom of a glass 16/11

West Australian Racing
PerthTurfTalkPerthTurfTalk    3,054 posts
edited November 2019 West Australian Racing

Race 1

Looks like a pack of numbers to my eye.

Sentimental Gift should be winning. Toyed with them twice at Bunbury and those efforts were split with a narrow defeat when dropping back in trip in what was a farcically run race (key word there race, seriously disgraceful riding to all the jocks). The map doesn't look great for it however sometimes in these staying races the map can be the most over rated thing when doing the form.

Should be too strong for these.

Race 2

There are no words suitable to describe this race. Pass.

Race 3

Royal Command has a distinct class edge on these. Good fresh when coming from last. From the gate expect Pike will likely have it settle a few horses closer and should gobble these up. There looks to be a lot of chinks in the form of horses who are well in the market.

Only other horse I'll be backing is Lorentinio. Airborne, settles right on the speed and is the one to rundown.

Race 4

"Not To Be Mist was very plain when beaten as an odds on favourite 11 days ago..... There wasn't a great deal of excuses there." The Box Seat 16/11 Preview. Mark Worwood.

One can only assume Mark now does his video watching blindfolded. Fair play to him though. My eyes are regularly stinging after watching some of the chop ups by the local jockey brigade. I may join in to this new way of doing form in the not too distant future.

Anyway, I’ll assume for now that I was watching the correct horse.

Pike pulled the wrong the reign trying to thread the needle on a day that was suiting horses charging from the back and out wide. He won't make that error again. These are a bunch of midweekers and from the draw Pike will have this stalking the speed which will be set by the likes of Dickoletto, All Square and Lacevinsky. He should have no trouble giving that lot windburn and saluting. Black odds is a bet.

Couldn't entertain backing anything else.

Race 5

Last chance saloon for a ticket into next week's big one or is it ? Hell, we might not actually even get a full field for the Railway this year after you pen the 30 or so eastern states nominated horses who won't be coming. The all-expenses paid junket to get the eastern states horses over for the Railway was money well spent. To be honest I just don’t get this obsession about having these eastern states horses here. They either come or they don’t. Simple to me. I reckon most punters couldn’t give two sh*ts if they are in the field or not.

Anyway, this race is looking murky with Pike taking the mount on Mississippi Delta. I think we can assume that Regal Power is not a starter in this race if Bob crunches the numbers and works out that he's in the Railway without having to win the race named in his honour. Bob has that much pull that if he finds out that there is a late surge of eastern states animals set to take a spot in the Railway he can probably ensure that the plane does not get off the tarmac....

I'll do the form on the basis RP not starting. If that is the case we just truckload Platoon. Smart horse who has gone bang bang this time. This is a Group race in name only and I suspect this horse will go better with a genuine tempo which he will get with Majinika rolling along. His career best win was in the JC Roberts when he exploded off a blistering speed. Big day for Neville and Steven Parnham.

If RP does start then I'll likely abort.

Race 6 - 9 NO

Good luck
TBF
+1 -1

detonator, Ridersonthestorm33 likes this post.

Comments

• spinkingspinking    3,738 posts
    There may well be no words suitable for race 2 but someone will have 41300 reasons to speak when its finished. Ordinary 72 + race

thefalcon likes this post.

• rooboyrooboy    1,421 posts
    Mmm there is one I like in that race Spink!

spinking likes this post.

• Ridersonthestorm33Ridersonthestorm33    10,809 posts
    Let it out Roo!
  • thefalconthefalcon    19,949 posts
    yeah roo..p*ss or get off the pot....

rooboy likes this post.

hot day but like 2 mares..british bessy and friar fox...and a little sneaky in the last...Adrian Mafki.

hash likes this post.

edited November 2019
    I see that one had been backing at Ascot at 100/1 Crossley Hotshot ran second in the Collie Cup - which said was right where he belonged...except think mentioned Kojonup!

Would've hit hard at Collie, thank goodness ran second.
    Riders I would love to tell but the below are the ones im leading with in my Tri and 1st 4.

Undisclosed-Trial missed the kick and last prep also the same but he always goes in my Tri's!Hope he has his old speed back today!
    Dia De La Raza-I thought Cavery stuffed up with him last start then got going again over the last 30mtrs.Freshened up shorter straight than last start but track stats scares me a bit!
    More Aces-1000mtrs his go and should sit behind Raza.Honest!

Ridersonthestorm33, thefalcon likes this post.

• TheDivaTheDiva    13,246 posts
    Scott Embry's comments on the Not to Be Mist run: 

NOT TO BE MIST was a good thing beaten first-up when the leaders went 9L slower than average in the first 600. From there he was impossible. Last start he found traffic issues and was held up when bolting. He should refill the pockets of some starving punters here. 

Gilgamesh likes this post.

edited November 2019
    With race two and the horses it's run against - Rebel Knight...ran second to Cup Night, the Rebel fresh with Pike barrier 1...will play safe...1 x 6 basis. Just hope not too short a distance and can do a Star Exhibit and win first up.
    thefalcon said:

yeah roo..p*ss or get off the pot....

I think I might start on the Pot or the wacky tabaccy as you say Falc!
    Undisclosed was the one but dickhead me stuck to my guns and left out Rebel Knight!
  • curmudgeoncurmudgeon    2,417 posts
    Webster/Turner ....7/7 in trial ....Bang......first up special. Rinse and repeat hahahahaa
  • spinkingspinking    3,738 posts
    Pretty clever that Webster turner combo . Might have to mention Rooboy in that as well

rooboy, hash likes this post.

they have been a "combo" for decades, spink which is great to see in the dog eat dog racing game.
    luciani and whiting have a similar association.
  • GaryHGaryH    1,012 posts
    TheDiva said:

Scott Embry's comments on the Not to Be Mist run: 

NOT TO BE MIST was a good thing beaten first-up when the leaders went 9L slower than average in the first 600. From there he was impossible. Last start he found traffic issues and was held up when bolting. He should refill the pockets of some starving punters here. 
    Nice win, but I'm sure the "starving punters" were opening the baked beans at the 200  :-??
  • hashhash    7,495 posts
    How’s the drift on Mississippi delta!!
    2.50 out to $8 unreal
    What the actual fark how/why did the punters get it so wrong #-o
  • therealkramertherealkramer    8,008 posts
    hash said:

What the actual fark how/why did the punters get it so wrong #-o

That was a massacre on Platoon...miss start, bustle up get shuffled back when the speed slows, use up your bullets early and left a sitting shot for Bob’s horse

Pike>>>>>>>>>Parnham
  • H-BOMBERH-BOMBER    10,235 posts
    Exactly Kramer

I didn't think Mississippi should have been 2.40 but 6/8 dollars wowsers.

Punters didn't get it wrong, just Platoon had a horrid time. It and Tamasa were truck loaded but good old Pike just does what he does. It was impressive though on face value
    the wrong parnham is on platoon...….imho...... :-B

H-BOMBER, oldhendo likes this post.

getting beaten is all part of the game BUT to be a good thing beaten really irks!!
    talking about friar fox......2 butchers in a row from SP...
    So lemme get this straight. Pecking order is Hall>Pike>>>>>>>Parnham? :-@
    $8 on BETFAIR even if the punters did support platoon and tamasa there’s no way MD should have started $8!!! The only reason would be the horse had lost a leg in the stalls and had no hope but how could they get it so wrong
    Only rusted on punters would back Misty Metal again...unless the rail is on fire
    I wonder how the track will play next week? Seemed like getting back and running on was the formula for success today so predictably, Bob & Pike dominated.
    Pikey and Peters just warming up I feel. Going to be a domination of the next few months

thefalcon likes this post.

thefalcon said:

hot day but like 2 mares..british bessy and friar fox...and a little sneaky in the last...Adrian Mafki.

Hope you got a bit out of Bessy. Big price
    The drift on Pike wins the last again. $6 madness
  • JayJayJayJay    7,629 posts
    William's 5 wins and 3 seconds suggest he has already warmed up to the point that the rest of the jockeys room may as well go on leave.....or get day jobs.
    yes jayjay he is just so much better than his opposition. admittedly he has top class flesh under him but the man is streets ahead. did you see his legs going on that last winner?
    hate to single one out but 3 rides of steve parnham were cringeworthy..

Uttsy likes this post.

Platoon and Kay Cee were :-& watches

therealkramer likes this post.