G'day Punter!

In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 27 Non Members
Bit of discussion couple of weeks ago Captain Mannerring vs Justasec.
Fair to say CM won the first argument winning next up against quality opposition Friday night at GP, Justasec disappeared into the wilderness no doubt for a bit of gear and fitness adjustments.
Read the form tomorrow and there they are 1&2 race 4, 7 horse field GP in what is an intruiging race.
Does Voakey question his race manners and come out hard or does he take the sit and be satisfied with getting out late and running second commonly known as a procession at GP.
I would suggest he is going to test him as his barrier manners under pressure are questionable.
Then there is the fly in the ointment LB Harper who could cross both of them.
If there is an early speed battle there will be a certain driver with eyes like "tom bowlers" waiting to pounce N Turvey ,, that horse last couple runs huge.
Maybe Packedmetalpanda can add some commentary or even give PTT a mention pre race.
All fun in love and war.
I will be on Jack William.
We will watch with interest.

+1 -1

jum likes this post.

Comments

• savethegamesavethegame    2,786 posts
    Voak driving free to air
  • freodockersfreodockers    2,667 posts
    Sorry Emily Suvlajko on CM just assumed didn't look at drivers hopefully dad gives her some advice.
  • curmudgeoncurmudgeon    2,417 posts
    edited November 2019
    Agree @freodockers ....sometimes we let the cash and opinion blur the attraction of the contest. After all....it is never easy out there and it is a good thing just to sit back and watch and appreciate the efforts of everyone. My tip is that LBH can cross with FJ....how that affects the result lord knows.

Gilgamesh likes this post.

• Giles has done a magnificent job with Captain Mannering, has improved out of sight and well and truly overcome my expectations of it. I would think that Emily most likely will let things unfold early. 

Looking at the field i'm confident enough that Justasec will lead but it can do things wrong and will be challenged by Dennis and Franco Joaquin early....long story short as much as I think it is clearly the best horse on ability I wouldn't be taking the $1.12 on offer.

freodockers likes this post.

• JayJayJayJay    7,629 posts
    Rakarover at $1.40????....in a pretty decent field....does its NZ form/record  warrant that price?
    Ok, ignore that, it's out.
    Mcardles Gem good odds on his run couple of weeks ago, if he crosses he's got to be a great each way chance.
    We got the procession 1 all PMP.

PackedMetalPanda likes this post.

PMP v FD....a bit of a nil all draw, Justasec hard held, Captain Mannering under lock and key. Perhaps a points decision to PMP and Justasec..........but Captain Mainwaring already down for a deserved rematch. Was a bit like watching an old episode of Dad's Army......"Curly", playing Sergeant Wilson (John Le Mesurier), succeeds in keeping the acccident prone and clumsy Captain Mainwaring locked up and wasn't ever going to let him out, nothing Emily could do about that. Used to love that line of Sergeant Wilsons when assessing Mannerings latest plan (read "disaster waiting to happen")...."Do you think that's wise Sir?". Invariably, it wasn't.

VillageKid, freodockers likes this post.

• thefalconthefalcon    19,949 posts
    rarely venture in this forum......but aren't all...sorry, most winners at GP around the $2 mark or less. that's why ernie manning gets 3/3 most weeks...then stumbles at the races... :))
  • savethegamesavethegame    2,786 posts
    Caruba gets a free hit at narrogin after the win tonight, on Friday looks like decent purchase for 8k. recently, 
  • curmudgeoncurmudgeon    2,417 posts
    edited November 2019
    thefalcon said:

rarely venture in this forum......but aren't all...sorry, most winners at GP around the $2 mark or less. that's why ernie manning gets 3/3 most weeks...then stumbles at the races... :))

Likewise I rarely venture into the t'bred forums Falc.....I mean there is not a lot to be learned from forums that can't see Peters/Pike/Williams as the leading chance in the major G1 gallops event in WA  Ernie gets a consistency pass there.....he has never tipped anything in his life that is in black figures.. 

freodockers, VillageKid likes this post.

• Told you it wouldn't get near Justasec @freodockers  :P :P :P

freodockers, VillageKid likes this post.

Sorry guys switched off after a very ordinary night at GP.
    That place just does my head in somenights one wrong move and ya dead.

TrackBias, savethegame likes this post.

I'll take Ernie's back here.....he is at GP every Friday Night, he is the ONLY print journo who manages to get ANY coverage for Harness Racing in the "Thoroughbred/West Coast Eagles/Cut and Paste racing articles from every jurisdiction in Australia except WA" centric chip wrapper, and it's fellow Sunday traveler in journalistic tripe, that masquerade as the daily news source for WA readers, courtesy of it's great Western Australian owner, Mr Stokes. It covers every 3rd rate conceivable non event sport in the world, almost totally ignoring what is happening on its own doorstep.
    How disheartening for the 1000's of hard working participants that their Industry is almost totally ignored by the print press.....Ernie is in there having a crack....and he does step outside the odds on bubble every now and then....he tipped my horse 3 weeks ago, it was 8/1....and it lost lol.
  • thefalconthefalcon    19,949 posts
    at least you trot folk get a mention....the greyhound followers get b*gger all!!
    i'd like to know how racing journos like ernie and jay fill in their days.
    The Avon Valley Advocate...WA's premier harness racing print media. Good story on Lang Inwood this week.

curmudgeon, VillageKid likes this post.

• VillageKidVillageKid    2,275 posts
    Lang does a good job with his small team and quite often has one of his bob up at cricket score odds.

capgun, curmudgeon likes this post.