G'day Punter!

In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 30 Non Members

This'll Testya

The Blackbook
H-BOMBERH-BOMBER    10,235 posts
Surprised this one hasn't been mentioned. Trialled like a champion winning by 6 eased down when copping pressure the whole way.

Then came out on debut and absolutely walked in at 1.40. I reckon it could be anything. Apparently still does a bit wrong! 

Big follow here look forward to it in town.

Comments

• jumjum    3,512 posts
    You beat me too it Bomber
  • TheDivaTheDiva    13,246 posts
    would say it has had issues too leading up to its maiden win (as a 4yo).
    I reckon they'll come straight to town now after that win. notice it was nominated for a midweek run this week, but didnt accept. 

H-BOMBER likes this post.

• H-BOMBERH-BOMBER    10,235 posts
    I think it only knows one way, handle bars down!
    saturday 1100m graduation... BOOM!
    We all saw it. WOW

I'm surprised Dufficy etc weren't talking Everest after the event

A lot would have to go wrong to see it get beaten. I think the trainer felt the pressure before the race when they wouldn't load etc. Even on straightening there seemed to be a lot of nerves

It was never in doubt once they jumped..

Could be anything!
    Sportsbet have This'll Testya at $21 for the 2020 Everest.....

Geesus!
    Goes to a 78+ on Saturday, well out of grade.

Is a 4yo so I would assume they are looking to get ratings up to be eligible for better races in the Autumn. Hopefully she can survive the float trip and get to the barriers safely.

Might see 1.60 given her inexperience and the race strength comparitive to her rating
  • tonytony    2,361 posts
    1.60 currently

Oh dear, not really what a lot thought would happen.

Just pulled and never settled once it was headed for the lead. Looked like it just wanted to run and wasn't allowed to, similar to what they did with Nature Strip when they tried to restrain. That just didn't work and I don't think it worked at all today against harder graded sprinters.

Hopefully she is alright and it's only start number 3. Still big things in store I reckon.
    She's headed out to the paddock for a month and then back for a light Autumn prep apparently

Nothing a miss, as most suspected she probably should have been allowed to run once they couldn't settle. But spur of the moment out there most of us can't imagine what the pressure and split second decision making is like. She actually fought on well considering everything went wrong against more seasoned sprinters.
  • darkshinesdarkshines    2,837 posts
    Willie too used the the cerise and white push-button models. TT will be better for it, short term pain for long term gain. Nature Strip interesting example, he walked em through the first 400 of the Darley. The camp copped big flak at the time for trying to teach it to relax a bit, but had the last laugh. The old Nature Strip wouldnt have been able to get cheap sections, horse wouldnt allow it. Handlebars down just doesn't work consistently at the top level, takes a 1 in a million horse.

H-BOMBER, TheDiva likes this post.

Returns Saturday in a mouthwatering clash with Catherine Wheel

Expected to win I would say. Interesting to see we might get $2??
    1.80 straight into 1.60.

will brain Catherine Wheel... who got the easiest lead of all time last start. They just need to let it have its head and it will brain them. 

On face value disappointing.

Interesting to see what happens next start