G'day Punter!

In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 46 Non Members

Warner

Sport
detonatordetonator    4,360 posts
Was the declaration when Warner had 400 in his sights a reflection on his past indiscretions and the moral standing of Australian cricket.
Did JL want to keep his best mates ie Hayden's 380 record in tact ?

Comments

• tonytony    2,361 posts
    Warner said that Tim Paine had told them early in the day that the declaration would be around 5.40pm and he was always happy with that
  • detonatordetonator    4,360 posts
    edited December 2019
    tony said:

Warner said that Tim Paine had told them early in the day that the declaration would be around 5.40pm and he was always happy with that

Warner is doing everything he can to say and do to try and regain his reputation back as best he can. So I am not surprised at his statement.
    Everyone will remember when Warner would have achieved milestones etc but who will remember if Australia win or draw this test in a few years. And frankly who will care about the result.
    Not everyday anyone scores 300 and the possibility of 400.
    Even though I cannot stand Warner I thought they could have let him bat on.
    If Australia wins this match inside 4 days then the debate will intensify and Warner himself may struggle to let his true feelings be known.
  • TiversTivers    7,720 posts
    Bollocks.
    Had to declare then - tactically.

VillageKid likes this post.

• TheDivaTheDiva    13,246 posts
    Cricket is a team game

VillageKid likes this post.

• detonatordetonator    4,360 posts
    Tivers said:

Bollocks.
    Had to declare then - tactically.

<br/Tactically ??? Haha. Thought "sandpaper" gate was done and dusted.
    Night test match cricket ?. Batsmen strike rates at 80 per 100 balls ?Pink cricket balls ? Sand paper ?The Don would be turning in his grave wondering how the game has changed.
    If it didn’t the game would be in the grave with him
    Grain of salt...
    5 batsmen (from both teams) have posted scores of 95+ in 3 innings in the BNE test, and 4 so far in just over one innings in ADL.
    Very common to have whole tests where no one gets near a hundred...... more so than not I’d suggest.
    In this instance got 9, so far in effectively one test (4 innings).
  • PAULPAUL    2,665 posts
    After that 335*, he moved up 12 places on the ICC Test Batting Rankings, to be back in the top five.

1 Kohli 928
    2 Smith 923
    3 Williamson 877
    4 Pujara 791
    5 Warner 764
    6 Rahane 759
    7 Root 752
    8 Labuschagne 731
    9 Nicholls 726
    10 Karunaratne 723