G'day Punter!

In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 9 Non Members

Group One Kingston Town

West Australian Racing
Ridersonthestorm33Ridersonthestorm33    10,809 posts
edited December 2019 West Australian Racing
Very compressed market at the moment with 29 horse's between 5/2 and 20/1 on Tabtouch,but hopefully for favourite backers Tuscan Queen can do something that none of the fave's have done thus far in the Guineas, Railway and Winterbottom and that is at least run a place!

Tuscan Queen, Regal Power and Best Of Days heading up the bookies board.

Comments

• Ridersonthestorm33Ridersonthestorm33    10,809 posts
    edited December 2019
    New odds should be out shortly, was difficult to see any value in the early Tabtouch market with many runners 5,10, 20, and yes even 30 points shorter than other corporate's.

Field should begin to take shape and hopefully market % come down from lofty heights.
  • JellJell    1,201 posts

New odds should be out shortly, was difficult to see any value in the early Tabtouch market with many runners 5,10, 20, and yes even 30 points shorter than other corporate's.

Field should begin to take shape and hopefully market % come down from lofty heights.

Therein lies your problem Riders.

Value and TABtouch don’t go together ;))
  • OhsomodestOhsomodest    67 posts
    Some value in Gatting at $16 and Jericho Missile at $26 possibly
  • chocchoc    788 posts
    Thought the same and had to take some of the 25/1 Jericho Missile pre the draw.
    Shapes as a genuinely intriguing race, many chances

Ridersonthestorm33 likes this post.

• paraleticparaletic    3,750 posts
    64 rater gets a run, fair dinkum that will do me. Its bobs industry we are just lucky to be a part of it i suppose.

thefalcon, Manchild likes this post.

• thefalconthefalcon    19,949 posts
    just noticed 10 of the 16 runners have blinkers and another visors...that's a large %age.

yep, para I saw it in and just shook my head....I wonder if it cadged the place of a much more qualified in form galloper...
    :-??
  • H-BOMBERH-BOMBER    10,235 posts
    I think I'm any other year Superstorm wouldn't get a birth however seemingly makes up a full field and nobody missed out because of his conclusion.

VERY surprised that Bob has him in there. Would cop 30+ ratings points if won? Plus if he were to knock off Tuscan Queen....
    edited December 2019
    I will be backing him dont worry about that. Im only whinging because its another horse to beat mine and i think he has x factor. Had it not have been bobs horse no way it gets a run
  • DamienWyerDamienWyer    7,660 posts
    paraletic said:

64 rater gets a run, fair dinkum that will do me. Its bobs industry we are just lucky to be a part of it i suppose.

When I made a similar comment about the last three into the Railway Stakes, apart from Falcon I got screamed down as a whinger. This is just more of the same
    edited December 2019
    Good to see the final field and about 8/1 bar one.

Now am fairly conservative on these things, because so much can go wrong of course, but for that special breed of punter - the place punter - if Regal Power isn't the greatest place bet of all time, I'll walk to China!

Last time was that confident of a place special was when a kiwi horse by the name of Kaapstad Way ran in a Melbourne Cup with Damien Oliver aboard. Brew won the Cup and Kaapstad Way ran 4th :-< held out for third by Second Coming.

It's payback time! - Regal Power the drum.

paraletic said:

When I made a similar comment about the last three into the Railway Stakes, apart from Falcon I got screamed down as a whinger. This is just more of the same

comparing a class one horse and platoon is a bit different but i do get your point
    The Pattern Committee ( pretty sure that is what they are called) are Eastern States based and simply wouldn't be able to tell you what races we have here, when we run them and for how much. They are in need of making the Everest a Gr 1 in the next three years. So where do you think they will snag that status from ? The Winterbottom is safe for the next decade but the Kingston Town and Railway Stakes are heading quickly into the irrelevant column.

These races would be better for having a minimum rating to protect their status.
  • tonytony    2,361 posts
    The pattern committee basically only considers the first 4 home in rating the race
    edited December 2019
    Very good in the Guineas Superstorm, rattled home nicely late, but on the same line of betting as an impressive Railway Stakes winner, not sure about that.

Saw the race recently where Superstorm was narrowly beaten in the Bunbury maiden at about $1.20 and should've won, since broke the maiden status, but my goodness from that to a Group One Kingston Town Classic victory would be a ginormous effort.

So far it's been a successful big race carnival to bet around the fave's - ( still have to get the winner ) but for the brave punters who had something on War Saint or Regal Power or Hey Doc, I'd go to the well just one more time and take on the favourite again!

Similar to Trekking hold your nerve and lay! Will be interesting however just the same, will run fave but think much closer to $4 is about the right price.

Now if was a bettor 8-| and forced to have a bet on Tabtouch right now, I'd back two of them - Regal Power at $9, don't think will get any better odds, how could it ?

The other one would be backing now if had to bet - Kay Cee at $13.
    edited December 2019
    Don't dislike Superstorm think the upside and potential is plentiful, at 16/1 would have something on, but around 9/1 or 10/1 nope pass.

Beaten in a Bunbury maiden a few sleeps ago, to winning a KT, and only 9/1, could win, but no can't back at those odds.

Best Of Days - not a great carnival for the royal blue, he's the hope of the team.
  • H-BOMBERH-BOMBER    10,235 posts

if Regal Power isn't the greatest place bet of all time, I'll walk to China!.

(CHI) :))

thefalcon, Ridersonthestorm33 likes this post.

edited December 2019
    My market -
    3/1 Tuscan Queen
    11/2 Regal Power
    8/1 Best Of Days
    10/1 Kay Cee
    12/1 Pacodali
    14/1 Superstorm
    14/1 Missisippi Delta
    16/1 Gatting
    20/1 Gallo Chop
    20/1 Jerricho Missile
    25/1 Star Exhibit
    25/1 Platoon
    25/1 Tally
    25/1 Dig Deep
    25/1 Achernar Star
    40/1 The Velvet King

Bloody even bunch - The Velvet King from fave in a Railway to 40/1 , good barrier, soft run, rail leaders bias...ya never know. Achernar Star equal second rank outsider - their even alright, outside of the brilliance of the two faves.

3/1 is $4
    11/2 - $6.50
    8/1 - $9...and so on.
    edited December 2019
    Noticed Tally with some as short as 14/1, goodness gracious, comfortably beaten by Uni Time, would entertain something on at 25/1 or better but just 14/1 no pass on him at those odds.

May have needed the hit out and can see improvement but a min of 25/1 needed.

Would be game to select any of the last three runners to finish - for first four punters it's a field job for 4th.
  • thefalconthefalcon    19,949 posts
    wait until Friday boys, a lot can happen in 4 days...like the barrier draw.
    that's bull sh*t about superstorm in to make the 16...bloody hell, if I had a runner with more credentials than ss i'd be up in arms..to say the least...
    edited December 2019
    The two group one’s have been won by horses drawn poorly. The barrier draw means alot, but in reality, does it really mean that much?
  • spinkingspinking    3,738 posts
    Agree 100 / about the 64 rater getting a start. I would like to see what horses missed getting a start and there rating. If higher rated horses missed out there is obviously something wrong.But Damien who said you got screamed down as a whinger. Your comment was you couldnt have the bottom 3 in the railway in a listed race.And how did that turn out for you Platoon ran 3 beaten less than a length Tamassa ran9 beaten 4 and a bit lengths beating home the favourite and a few others CC scratched and still sore. 
    Yes Para i think it does
    Platoon is a better horse than I once thought, but with little weight in a questionable Gr1 he ran third. So now he is rated 96 after just four wins. Where would you see him going from here ? As a five year old he most likely will have to carry reasonable weight off the back of the rating here in Perth and if he ventured East it might be a lot tougher for him. SWFA would be a large weight impost compared to the advantage he had as a four year old non stakes winner going into a Railway.
    paraletic said:

The two group one’s have been won by horses drawn poorly. The barrier draw means alot, but in reality, does it really mean that much?

Doubt it will have any relevance this week either.
    edited December 2019
    The barrier draw - it's all relative...the last 1800 metre race on Saturday the winner Prince Turbo drew 16 in a field of 16. The three Railway placegetters drew the outside barriers.

Whilst great to draw 2,3,4,5 have seen horse's get torrid passages from inside draws, checked early or held up, and seem them get teriffic runs from the outside barriers and slot in or a nice three wide cart up into the race, and swoop home. Seen vice versa too though!

Also that ride on Prince Turbo from gate 16 just fantastic from Paul Harvey.

So if you had a runner where would you rather draw 4 5 6 or 13-16?. I know where i would rather
    edited December 2019
    That's what they mean by a rhetorical question Spink, of course we know where. However barrier 15 did not stop Regal Power, outside draws did not stop Best Of Days and Platoon running second and third, barrier 16 did not stop Achernar Star running top four.

Barrier 16 at the 1800 metre start did not stop Prince Turbo winning.

For all that of course give me 4,5,6 any day!
    spinking said:

So if you had a runner where would you rather draw 4 5 6 or 13-16?. I know where i would rather

yes i get your point but a good ride from a bad barrier trumps a bad ride from a good barrier
    The very first words heard after Hey Doc draw barrier 14 - "well that's the end of Hey Doc".

Luck in running, a horse right on the day, and a great ride is the key - and that's whether they draw 1, 4, 6, 9, 14, or 16.

hash likes this post.

Gate 15 put me off Regal Power, gate 16 put me off Prince Turbo and gate 14 put me off Hey Doc but am slowly learning.