G'day Punter!

In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 13 Non Members

2020 Perth Magic Millions Yearling Sale

Breeding

Comments

• DamienWyerDamienWyer    7,660 posts
    Saw 40 yearlings yesterday between Mogumber and Scenic. Unfortunately I couldn't get past road blocks on the Brand Hwy to reach Gold Front, so perhaps next week. The Rommels are interesting yearlings, a couple of really nice types that will surely attract some attention. Scenic are presenting the final draft of Blackfriars this year.
  • silkysilky    342 posts

Saw 40 yearlings yesterday between Mogumber and Scenic. Unfortunately I couldn't get past road blocks on the Brand Hwy to reach Gold Front, so perhaps next week. The Rommels are interesting yearlings, a couple of really nice types that will surely attract some attention. Scenic are presenting the final draft of Blackfriars this year.

I haven't seen any Rommels as yet but I assumed they must have been reasonable types as he's one of the better represented 1st season sires in the sale
  • RIORIO    14,882 posts
    Any interest in the tours going on today????
    Had another sporting event to cover with my camera today
  • RIORIO    14,882 posts
    Not the best day to put the tours on, and bus numbers looked down
  • TheDivaTheDiva    13,246 posts
    There’s a tour going Tuesday which normally has good numbers
    Starts today at 1PM. I got out there yesterday as I was nearby photographing a Cycling event from dawn. I really only wanted to say hello to a few folks and it wasn't my intention to look at any stock and in the end I looked at maybe 20. I'm not going out to the sales as I have no orders to fill, so I decided some time ago not to be involved this year.

I hope for the Vendors that Magic Millions has been able to bring in plenty of buyers, time will tell.
    The mood is very upbeat out there this year. There are a number of eastern states buyers in town too. Cross fingers for a good sale. 

RIO likes this post.

• RIORIO    14,882 posts
    I saw some video of yesterday and i can honestly say i haven't seen a sale that busy for the best part of a decade. Report back from those that were there was also very positive..

Manchild likes this post.

• RIORIO    14,882 posts
    73% clearance.
    $240k top sale
    $71,302 average

Sounds like a fair return to me. Now to see how much it drops off tomorrow both in clearance and averages!!!
  • RIORIO    14,882 posts
    Oh and out of the top 10 priced horses, 7 were bought by out of state buyers....
  • H-BOMBERH-BOMBER    10,235 posts
    It seems the dream is being sold harder than ever this year, maybe I'm just seeing more on FTA this year and twitter.

Lots and lots of "cracking types", beautiful walkers and "strongly conformed" youngsters out there. They are all champions according to their buyers.

Good luck to those who invest.

Gilgamesh, RIO likes this post.

30 Lots @ $100,000 or more was the real backbone in the end to the increase over last year.
  • H-BOMBERH-BOMBER    10,235 posts
    LEADING BUYERS
    (ranked by total spend)

$1,016,000 - Adam Durrant Racing - 15 lots
    $637,500 - Neville Parnham Racing - 7 lots
    $543,500 - John Chalmers Bloodstock - 11 lots
    $390,000 - Pearce Racing - 4 lots
    $330,000 - McEvoy Mitchell Racing/Belmont B'stock - 2 lots

Gilgamesh likes this post.

• silkysilky    342 posts
    edited February 2020
    A large number of yearlings by interstate stallions passed in with quite reasonable reserve prices and westspeed eligible. Must have been some questionable types in amongst them
    really good sale and a great recovery from last year. we took 6 and sold them all and happy with the results. theyve also done a lot of good work to the venue this year and I'm sure it will improve again next year. 
    well done to all involved. 

RIO, silky, Gilgamesh, Bucks, jum likes this post.