G'day Punter!

In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 24 Non Members
Looks like another interesting race this one.
Not sure about 1 horse now racing against older more seasoned horses.
Crocodile Kid and Mcardles Gem both flying at the moment, if Wildwest gets to breeze at his best all over, thought his run last week was very good just couldn't get around the track out wide. Looks like he's been set for this race.

Comments

• JayJayJayJay    7,629 posts
    American Brave? Wildwest not in the field.
  • freodockersfreodockers    2,667 posts
    Sorry AB
  • GilgameshGilgamesh    4,718 posts
    I don’t mind Rosie’s Ideal for a place at big odds, far bigger than available locally at the moment

PackedMetalPanda likes this post.

• GilgameshGilgamesh    4,718 posts
    Magestic Prince race 1 GP the money back special tonight. Is $3.40 at the moment, take that as I think he gets in to around 6/4. I think Madam Meiland R3 is a blowout chance. Then something on R6 I’m Batman against netter horses than him a touch out of form. In R7 if they don’t just hand up to the fav Rockmeover is a chance, great 1/3 bet. Once cashed up I think American Tour is a morale in R8. Old mate Maximum Demand will be on the pegs this week and that is his go and Gonna Get Lucky with one run can win the last. Easy Christmas money tonight
  • VillageKidVillageKid    2,275 posts
    edited December 2019
    The Xmas Gift used to be a big race and a big part of the old Xmas/Summer Carnival with Heats, Final, NYE Pace, WA Pacing Cup Heats & Final, Fremantle Cup etc is it time to look at introducing Heats or Preludes to these big Carnival races again?
    Still a very good field has been assembled for this years running as has always been the case in my memory.
    Interesting to see there is a race at Ascot tomorrow with only 6 runners in the field worth an astonishing $250k, whilst the time honoured Xmas Gift is worth only a paltry $50k in comparison.

JayJay, Ridersonthestorm33 likes this post.

The Christmas/Summer/New Year Carnival is a shadow of its former self, a very feint shadow indeed, in fact almost unnoticeable. I agree entirely about heats and finals.....3 heats of the Gift, first four to the final, a promotable concept for up and coming champs, just have a look at the honour roll,  the once great Christmas Handicap is all but a non event(No Dill/Mt Eden)......The two major races, the Freo Cup and The Pacing Cup, are fundamentally the same race with the same horses one week apart, both mobiles,  one over 2500m worth $300k and the other over 2900m worth $450k....once a great Stand Event, the Freo Cup is just a rich RBD FFA, once a great series of heats and/or preludes, the Pacing Cup is just a richer RBD FFA. New Years Eve, apart from a $30k Mares race is a midweek programme for mid week stakes, Easter has all but disappeared as an important racing date.....I guess they have market research which tells them that this is the optimum race programming but for mine, it has all the pazaz of of a parliamentarians retirement speech.
  • ChariotsonfireChariotsonfire    2,829 posts
    Integrity was always an issue with heats and a final with horses being driven to qualify only.

Some of our leading trainers of the era were masters at the caper.

Ridersonthestorm33 likes this post.

Days past, there were 12 heats of the Christmas Handicap run over a couple of weeks, winners only to a rich final. I can't recall too many being rubbed out when we ran heats, so either it was an unproven perception of a lack of integrity or the stewards of the day were not doing their job. The outcome is we either run heats and a final in front of a crowd after appropriate promotion or we run a Christmas Gift with zero promotion for the few hardy regulars that turn out to watch a couple of rats have a race around the birdcage.

VillageKid, Ridersonthestorm33 likes this post.

• Ridersonthestorm33Ridersonthestorm33    10,809 posts
    That was hard work at its best Vultan Tin, tough as teak.

VillageKid likes this post.

• ToepuntitToepuntit    241 posts

That was hard work at its best Vultan Tin, tough as teak.

Apparently he would have got lapped in the I.D final.
  • Great nights action, Some favs going down but all in all I thought a great night.
    Some great drives on the night that shook the races up a bit, stella win again by Vultan Tin, Aldo continues his good form and another one for the Elliot family. 

JayJay, VillageKid, Ridersonthestorm33 likes this post.

Chris Voak drives to Vultan Tin's strength, initiative and timing spot on. Still as our resident spoiler would know, he is not much good .....just a parochial view. He would take you to war that horse..... and bring you home, flying under the radar the whole way.

VillageKid, TrackBias likes this post.

How unlucky is I'm Soxy that horse just can't take a trick.
    Great run last night one to follow, or follow up again in my case.

edited December 2019

Chris Voak when he's driving full of confidence great to watch!

• Cant_RefuseCant_Refuse    198 posts

Chris Voak when he's driving full of confidence great to watch!

Yea that drive on Gotta Go Gabana was first class and lovely to watch

Ridersonthestorm33 likes this post.

edited December 2019
    The drive on 22/1 shot Iconic Valor to knock over the 1/5 ( $1.20 ) fave was a handy drive too, and enjoyed that one as well.
    edited December 2019
    Marquisard over $40, not bad too. Odds on takers at GP - doing it tough!
    Terrible day a GP.
    Hate the joint anyone that can read the form of horses at that track on a consistent basis is a genius.
    Give me the country tracks for punting any day.

PackedMetalPanda likes this post.

• LovesatickyLovesaticky    4 posts
    How was the run of marqisard yesterday thou, Craig does a great job with his little team and what a drive from Chris Voak.

JayJay likes this post.

edited December 2019
    Final five drives were pretty good yesterday...1st @22/1, 1st @40/1, 2nd @16/1 and 2nd @11/1...was unplaced though behind 100/1 chance Brookies Jet...just not good enough  :-q
    Stewards:
    BROOKIES JET NZ – Inconvenienced and shifted out when racing out of the
    front straight on the first occasion.  Inconvenienced behind a galloping
    runner when racing into the back straight on the final occasion.