G'day Punter!

In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 20 Non Members

Longest Price Winners

East Coast Racing
In 1982 and 1987 Anntelle and Pablo's Pulse won on Sydney tracks at odds of 500/1.

Amazingly, they were ridden by the same jockey, Jamie De Belin, who has kicked on since his retirement.

Comments

• luapluap    45 posts
    This is the story.

• luapluap    45 posts
    Sorry, thread won't work.
  • thefalconthefalcon    19,949 posts
    some tech guru will help you, luap….
  • SKIDSSKIDS    1,006 posts
    edited January 2020
    My roughest winner was when Space Age won the Boulder Cup, paid $201. Had 10 x 10 on it. 2003

Was amazing day, I didn't have Sky, was listening on radio and remember the caller saying "If you've backed this, I hope you're sitting down" ... mate we're rocking up to watch the Pies v Lions Qualifying Final that night, we were massive underdogs @ $3.50... I raced down the TAB and put $250 on the upset..what a night! I booked my GF trip the next day, all paid for.

oldhendo, Gilgamesh likes this post.

hope it wasn't to the altar skids... :(
  • SLIPPERGOLDENSLIPPERGOLDEN    7,741 posts
    edited January 2020
    Two local roughies I recall but can't remember their names...... Ascot $201 and some on the tote was an Ascot Russel Stewart winner when he was an apprentice and one at Belmont over 200s about 1999 or 2000 and from a good stable.

Another roughie was the one I tipped with my first ever post on this forum at about $151
  • H-BOMBERH-BOMBER    10,235 posts
    I remember a tip from you many moons ago during a midweek card, can't remember it's name but it had won a trial by a few lengths and was first up and ended up winning and paid $108! Might have been ridden by Lisa Staples/Bivemark? Wore predominantly white silks I think.

My biggest winners have been Mr Moet in the Railway first up and took $71 (missed the $251 on Sportsbet) and had a very good collect both each way and the quaddie one midweek with a horse called Wonderful Mak. I was dead keen and declared it to a few friends who I was in a punters club with and it's bolted in at $58. The winnings paid for a trip, all expenses to the spring carnival week of 2010 (Americains Year).
    I recall Willie Arnold winning on one in town at about 150s not long after he arrived here.
  • SKIDSSKIDS    1,006 posts
    thefalcon said:

hope it wasn't to the altar skids... :(

:)) GF = Grand Final Falc..... but the bears bashed us %-(
  • spinkingspinking    3,737 posts
    Pop culture missed the $71 and took the $52
  • PCPC    2,190 posts
    Biggest winner in terms of a softie I backed was Sirmione in the 2007 G1 MacKinnon Stakes (88/1). Trained by Bart...he out blinkers on Sirmione and they worked a treat. Sirmione was ridden by Peter Mertens
  • paraleticparaletic    3,750 posts
    edited February 2020
    Had a few as i love backing roughies. Global Flirt at $100s in the last race on super sat was one i wont forget. Tipped it to all who would listen.

Gatting at opening odds of $100/1 first up in the Lee Steere. I got $120s on the fair early on.
    Gatting in the MDiva Stakes at $140 top tote - i
    A day i wont forget until they put me in a grave.

oldhendo likes this post.

• paraleticparaletic    3,750 posts
    Forgot my first real big one Which was a midweek at Belmont. Ridden by Ikenushi sailing down the outside. Horse was called prince of vasac. Ended up becoming a decent horse. Paid $65 and i had $20 on it. For an 18 year old uni student it was all the money in the world. Great memory

savethegame, Gilgamesh likes this post.

• savethegamesavethegame    2,786 posts
    Longest price winner  involved  Ikenushi,. Just had to go back over its form to relive the significance
    Take into account its form prior to the win, then its form after the win. in my punting career.never seen or heard a horse, tipped like this. by anyone
    Wasn't found by me;;;;;;  horse KellieWood retired with stats 9 starts 1 win. no places.

Form leading  up to its win. 11/14---- 14/15-----13/14----- then its win---- 1st /15----  6/12  --- 9/11---6/6---11/13 ---9/10----then retired.

The win came in a listed race the Natasha.. was shown the tape race morning,from its previous start 3rd lifetime start at 2100m.only beaten 6l.--the tape showed on the line the rest were spent and it had more to offer, any way it won that day. memory around 140/1 tote.

Hear these blokes on sky pushing you into 3.60.things slapping each other on the back.when they arrive.Rough winners are there and can be found, but if you are price orientated & time poor, research is a must---------,unless your roughies come from backing names then.so be it.
    I remember that roughie Willie Arnold rode, I remember I had 2 bucks on it. forget its name but was trained by a bloke called Healy.
    dunno why I had that 2 bucks on it but I did....
  • savethegamesavethegame    2,786 posts

Longest price winner  involved  Ikenushi,. Just had to go back over its form to relive the significance
    Take into account its form prior to the win, then its form after the win. in my punting career.never seen or heard a horse, tipped like this. by anyone
    Wasn't found by me;;;;;;  horse KellieWood retired with stats 9 starts 1 win. no places.

Form leading  up to its win. 11/14---- 14/15-----13/14----- then its win---- 1st /15----  6/12  --- 9/11---6/6---11/13 ---9/10----then retired.

The win came in a listed race the Natasha.. was shown the tape race morning,from its previous start 3rd lifetime start at 2100m.only beaten 6l.--the tape showed on the line the rest were spent and it had more to offer, any way it won that day. memory around 140/1 tote.

Hear these blokes on sky pushing you into 3.60.things slapping each other on the back.when they arrive.Rough winners are there and can be found, but if you are price orientated & time poor, research is a must---------,unless your roughies come from backing names then.so be it.
    Missed mentioning the race fortnight before was the 1000 gunieas, 12 of the runners including Kelliewood went onto the natasha and a further 100m.( 2200)
  • ElitistElitist    365 posts

I backed Kelliewood that day for that exact reason, was hitting the line better than most at its previous. had 25ew on the tote, think it paid $155, paid over $200 on nsw tote. Im never satisfied so I was spewing I didn't take best tote on a corporate

savethegame likes this post.

From memory or was a Kersely quinella with the second horse around the 100-1 mark as well
    Just looked it up. Ain't Lydia was 50s ran second

Subsequent Oaks winner Royal Drive ran third and subsequent Railway winner Belle Bizarre ran last

Gilgamesh, SLIPPERGOLDEN likes this post.

Excellent homework Bomber
  • psychopsycho    652 posts
    Sonshine Tommy for one of the Fagans many years ago at 200/1 and in Sydney a long time ago A Wee Dram at 330/1 are two that I remember