G'day Punter!

In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 25 Non Members

Has there ever been a race of 8 or more starters that have finished in tote market order?

West Australian Racing
I often look at results (gallops and harness) but yet to find such a race result - talking years.

Slow day, just thought I would throw it up.

Comments

• thefalconthefalcon    19,949 posts
    this thread takes the cake..... 8-}
  • curmudgeoncurmudgeon    2,417 posts
    Not that I can recall...or even have wondered about. I do remember however when we had the first huge quartet carryover on the last at Ascot ....think it was over a $million dollars after a couple of weeks jackpotting .....the longest priced 4 horses ran 1...2...3... 4.
    Must be 20 or 30 odd years ago now...or longer. Only a couple of winners....those were the days...quartet jackpots on the last.

I vaguely remember that, curmudgeon. the last was always a welter. why do they not reinvent that plus toss in a jackpot.
    when in doubt always back the toppie in a welter.
    btw..whats the equivalent to a welter these days??
  • RodentRodent    7,024 posts
    If in a field of 8 runners, all horses had equal chance, it would happen once every 40,320 races. Therefore, finishing in market order should happen much more often than 1/40,320.
  • Ridersonthestorm33Ridersonthestorm33    10,809 posts
    edited February 2020
    Their has been perhaps two or three greyhound races out of the thousands runs in Australia whereby box numbers 1 through to 8 have finished in the order of 1,2,3,4,5,6 7,8 - will happen again somewhere around the traps.
    ^^ that is not THAT rare, riders. but in betting order would be VERY rare...
  • Ridersonthestorm33Ridersonthestorm33    10,809 posts
    edited February 2020
    Hmmm not so sure - would've thought 8 favourite's running in order of price, would have more chance than box's 1 to 8 running 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8 because those odds will be all over the place...but yep seen it happen about twice!

Favourite's in tote order 1 to 8 must have occurred somewhere too.
    Think a couple of those Winx fields may have gone reasonably close once or twice to the eight of them in order. Perhaps Black Caviar too.
  • SKIDSSKIDS    1,006 posts
    edited February 2020
    One of Black Caviars races... came close. There was a nose separating 3rd & 4th, it cost me the quartet. :))

1st - Black Caviar  1
    2nd - Hay List       2
     3rd- Buffering        4
    4th - Fowedge       3
    5th - Loan Rock     5
    6th - Temple of Boom 6
    7th - Phelan Ready    7
    8th - Metallurgical       8
    9th - Secret Flyer        9

Lightning Stakes 2012
  • TiversTivers    7,720 posts
    What's the sprint race Cox day ?
    I backed the 4 runners for the quartet one out that day.
    Couldn't confirm they were in market order, but one would assume so (BC leading the list, from Hay List).
    Only 4 runners though...................not 8 as suggested.
    you guys have too much time on your hands.... :-O

SKIDS likes this post.