G'day Punter!

In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 1 Non Members

GP 28/02/2020 Sales Classic night

Harness & Greyhounds

Weather gods frowning on GP unfortunately with what looks to be some great racing tonight. Thought I might assign my tips some unit bet amounts and track my Fridays on here for a while, could be a very short while If I go poorly. Will just use WATAB prices and $1 for 1 unit.

R1: Looks to me like Iconic Valor will have the speed to kick through and lead. I thought Dennis was probably a career best run last weekend, he could track through early and get the 1,1 early on Grinny Vinnie or possibly one pair further back if Fanci A Dance gets in front of him, thought he represented terrific value. Bet:No11 Dennis 5w2plc @$18/$3.50. EQ:2,10,11.

R2: I think Dreamy Nights will be crossing, pretty sure I saw $13 with one of the corporates, not so generous WA. A1,4,11,12/1,4,11,12/ Always a risk Saleahs Comand drives it crazy but I think it should be pretty clear early that it cant get the top. Then its just a matter of holding Naval Aviator in. Bet: No4 Dreamy Nights 4EW $8/$2.10. FF:1,4/1,4,11,12/1,4,11,12/1,3,4,5,10,11,12. 5U=10.4%. EQ:1,4,12.

R3: I thought Lightning Jolt looked exceptional last week (granted I don't have the best eye). Will love the 2500m, While They Pray will create enough speed for it to run on, price is great, get on! Bet:No11 Lightning Jolt 10w 7plce @$9/$2.45. EQ:1,10,11,12.

R4: Touch Of Success has come back this time in as good as it can go. I thought it would cross them comfortably, it does that it wins. Twoandahalf Tigers is the value here, he was massive last week. Bet:No7 Touch Of Success 5w @$3. EQ: 4,6,7. 6U=5.55%.

R5: I heard Jnr this morning saying he would only be handing up to Lady Jadore, I actually think it might end up that he holds the front throughout. Lady Jadore looks the best ability on early form to me but also looks unders on that she doesn't ping the arm. Wouldn't be shocked if Jnr pinches this race. Bet: No1 Foxy Rose 2EW @$11/$1.85.

R6: Very even contest. Rich American looking to hold up which I think it can. Looks an up tempo race, I don't mind Robbie Rocket just off the speed, looks a real professional and likely to get out in the market based on punters speed maps. Bet: No2 Robbie Rocket 2EW tote.

R7: For a horse that has won 21 from 54 Simba Bromas doesn't have a 1 besides his name for a fair while. Looks a good race fom him but don't want to back him. I thought they would drive Golden State cold and he could zap them late. Bet: No5 Golden State 3w tote.

R8: Rum Delight has been in my black book for a very long time. Has a poor GP record but if he is ever going to improve on that it is here, find the top and run along please. Bet: No1 Rum Delight 2EW tote.

R9: Both Mileys Desire and Miss Sangrial are far better odds with various corporates and worth shopping around on but for the sake of this exercise a rare no bet for me, it looks to me a race where every horse has some hope.

R10: I'm pretty keen that Miss Lamarr can hold up and run a real race here. I'm a big fan for Run For Mercy but think the little filly might end up in the breeze here, that could see them going slow and under estimating the horse out in front giving her every chance to cause a boilover. Bet: No1 Miss Lamarr 5EW @$31/$4.

Rough maths looks like 73 units bet there, see how that works out Sat morning!

Good luck all.

+1 -1

VillageKid, curmudgeon likes this post.

Comments

• VillageKidVillageKid    2,275 posts
    Race 1- Grinny Vinnie
    Race 2- Dreamy Nights
    Race 3- While They Pray
    Race 4- Major Spoilt
    Race 5- Lady Jadore
    Race 6- Robbie Rocket
    Race 7- Chiaroscuro
    Race 8- Always An Honour
    Race 9- Fake News
    Race 10- Run For Mercy

curmudgeon likes this post.

• MarkovinaMarkovina    2,889 posts
    Ive had bets everywhere tonight - but ive only had the one at GP 

Liam Neil - the 2500 should suit it - needs everything to go its own way - cant do any work - needs a cart up - the horse i think is a bit soft - but if  the pace is on - and its driven absolute cold it can win 

Gilgamesh likes this post.

• GilgameshGilgamesh    4,718 posts
    Honestly what clowns are working at Sky channel. Enough is enough!!!

Constantlybroke likes this post.

• hashhash    7,495 posts
    excuse my ignorance guys but how can race 5 tonight be a G1 field with only 2 horses winning a race or is it just the name of the race advertising for an upcoming G1
  • KTQKTQ    319 posts
    edited February 2020
    hash said:

excuse my ignorance guys but how can race 5 tonight be a G1 field with only 2 horses winning a race or is it just the name of the race advertising for an upcoming G1

Sales Final for 2year olds that were sold and in the APG sale last year and paid the nomination fees. Same as race 6. This year's sale is this weekend if you want to participate next year :) there were 55 fillies sold last year and only 14 in the heats so good chance to get a start in the final.

hash, Gilgamesh likes this post.

• squid69squid69    1,434 posts
    Having a little EW bet on Oneonthewood tonight in the stand with AC Lewis steering
  • sonnysonny    1,054 posts
    Golden State sacked.. Never again Gilga..

Gilgamesh likes this post.

sonny said:

Golden State sacked.. Never again Gilga..

Would have liked to see Vet check in the stewards comments, surely he’s not THAT BAD

• MarkovinaMarkovina    2,889 posts
    Did you Emily mistake/miscount the laps  last night on Liam Neil 

Back in last place - and bear in mind theve gone quickly - evidenced by a slow  58 last half - which was easily the slowest of the night  outside of the2yr old filly classic winner 

Aldo is 2nd last - he hooks out in the back straight ( lovely horse to follow  to tag into the race )- considering Liam Neil is a sit sprinter -  she went to follow it and then stopped - i reckon because it was 2500 metres - she thought there was a lap and a half to go 

Not talking out of my pocket - had a tiny ( 10 by 10 ) e/w bet on the horse - but just a bit perplexed as to what she was actually doing  in the last 400-500 metres 

Gilgamesh, Cant_Refuse likes this post.

Gilgamesh said:

Weather gods frowning on GP unfortunately with what looks to be some great racing tonight. Thought I might assign my tips some unit bet amounts and track my Fridays on here for a while, could be a very short while If I go poorly. Will just use WATAB prices and $1 for 1 unit.

R1: Looks to me like Iconic Valor will have the speed to kick through and lead. I thought Dennis was probably a career best run last weekend, he could track through early and get the 1,1 early on Grinny Vinnie or possibly one pair further back if Fanci A Dance gets in front of him, thought he represented terrific value. Bet:No11 Dennis 5w2plc @$18/$3.50. EQ:2,10,11. Spend:7, Return:0

R2: I think Dreamy Nights will be crossing, pretty sure I saw $13 with one of the corporates, not so generous WA. A1,4,11,12/1,4,11,12/ Always a risk Saleahs Comand drives it crazy but I think it should be pretty clear early that it cant get the top. Then its just a matter of holding Naval Aviator in. Bet: No4 Dreamy Nights 4EW $8/$2.10. FF:1,4/1,4,11,12/1,4,11,12/1,3,4,5,10,11,12. 5U=10.4%. EQ:1,4,12. Spend:13. Return:83.6

R3: I thought Lightning Jolt looked exceptional last week (granted I don't have the best eye). Will love the 2500m, While They Pray will create enough speed for it to run on, price is great, get on! Bet:No11 Lightning Jolt 10w 7plce @$9/$2.45. EQ:1,10,11,12. Spend:17. Return:0

R4: Touch Of Success has come back this time in as good as it can go. I thought it would cross them comfortably, it does that it wins. Twoandahalf Tigers is the value here, he was massive last week. Bet:No7 Touch Of Success 5w @$3. EQ: 4,6,7. 6U=5.55%. Spend:11. Return:15. Can't believe what the early quaddie paid!

R5: I heard Jnr this morning saying he would only be handing up to Lady Jadore, I actually think it might end up that he holds the front throughout. Lady Jadore looks the best ability on early form to me but also looks unders on that she doesn't ping the arm. Wouldn't be shocked if Jnr pinches this race. Bet: No1 Foxy Rose 2EW @$11/$1.85. Spend:4. Return:0.

R6: Very even contest. Rich American looking to hold up which I think it can. Looks an up tempo race, I don't mind Robbie Rocket just off the speed, looks a real professional and likely to get out in the market based on punters speed maps. Bet: No2 Robbie Rocket 2EW tote. Spend:4. Return:0.

R7: For a horse that has won 21 from 54 Simba Bromas doesn't have a 1 besides his name for a fair while. Looks a good race fom him but don't want to back him. I thought they would drive Golden State cold and he could zap them late. Bet: No5 Golden State 3w tote. Spend:3. Return:0. 

R8: Rum Delight has been in my black book for a very long time. Has a poor GP record but if he is ever going to improve on that it is here, find the top and run along please. Bet: No1 Rum Delight 2EW tote. Spend:4. Return:18.8.

R9: Both Mileys Desire and Miss Sangrial are far better odds with various corporates and worth shopping around on but for the sake of this exercise a rare no bet for me, it looks to me a race where every horse has some hope.

R10: I'm pretty keen that Miss Lamarr can hold up and run a real race here. I'm a big fan for Run For Mercy but think the little filly might end up in the breeze here, that could see them going slow and under estimating the horse out in front giving her every chance to cause a boilover. Bet: No1 Miss Lamarr 5EW @$31/$4. Spend:10. Return:0.

Rough maths looks like 73 units bet there, see how that works out Sat morning!

Good luck all.

Total Spend:73. Return:117.4.

JayJay, VillageKid likes this post.