G'day Punter!

In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 19 Non Members

Ascot 25/3/2020

West Australian Racing
So..as this is a racing site let's throw a tip or two around for tomoz..c'mon TRK dont let Covid completely consume you ..it's not healthy excuse the pun.

I've just again checked 3 sites and still no markets up for Ascot yet Sandown and Warwick Farm were up last night, why the fork is this still happening.This is not a new thing and Its been asked before I'm sure but I can't recall any logical explanation?

Comments

• spinkingspinking    3,737 posts
    prices aside what do you like Thunder?
  • ThunderstruckThunderstruck    7,676 posts
    I tell a small lie Sportsbet markets are now up..so its maybe the usual suspects in Tabtouch and Bet(not so)easy.

Banker Son Of a God is 1.40 bloody hell, thought or maybe hoped it might be 1.80.
    edited March 2020
    Early doors Spink R2 I like At War, liked the trial it ran well leading them up..blinkers are ON.
    The toppie Time To Sizzle might be near her limit now, Parnham actually knows that horse well so tactically he should be able to work a plan to stalk her and nail her late..
    Skinny market atm 2.50 TTS, 2.80 Semigel and At War is 3.30.
    Edit *Prices have already changed At War still around 3.10 which will do me, the fav is into an extra skinny 2.05 now.
    The old adage of blinkers first time . Definatly sharpens them up a bit

Thunderstruck likes this post.

• Ridersonthestorm33Ridersonthestorm33    10,809 posts
    edited March 2020
    Had a bit on Sunday and didn't see the Bunbury fields, then on Monday morning was asked if backed Spiritual Warrrior, dropped the phone and nearly fainted, supported him that many times!

Tomorrow just having a place bet ( around $2.40 atm ) and small win one been following since she began her racing career, astute trainer, and Jarrad Noske to ride, thought first up second coming from near last on the corner was a great effort - Alien From Mars.
  • ChrisChris    5,218 posts
    This should be a 12 race card
  • ChrisChris    5,218 posts
    20 acceptors race 8, split it!

TheDiva likes this post.

edited March 2020
    A place bet on a 33/1 chance - last four runs awful, but five runs ago got home late to run second, admittedly Pikey rode that day - Flying Target, the form guide should read "needs a miracle to be placed" - keep the faith.

A few short ones tomorrow will be interesting to see how they go - even though of course they win and can get on a roll with them - still reckon laying the shorties over one year at Ascot and Belmont must lead to a profit.

Would like to see the stats win/loss on every odds on fave that's run at Bemont and Ascot in the previous 12 months.
    edited March 2020
    Interesting stats they would be mate.Rarely a lay bettor but did lay Avilius last Saturday..at 3.40

They could possibly all win today Riders but fairly unlikely so hypothetically I would lay the favs in Races 1 Queen Brown $2.25
    2 Time To Sizzle $2
    6 That's Funny Az $2.25

What would be your lays Riders?

I reckon Son Of A God just wins today, Pike likely gets to the outside unlike the chequered passage he encountered last week and steams home again ..I like this galloper.

Later on Nordic King looks a strong chance r5.

R8 In an open race the ex victorian Confluence looks a strong chance.
    Also ill be having a Spec on Brockhoff at odds I think 1400 might suit the old boy these days, now into his second prep here after years off reckon he might follow up today on the serviceable 1200m run in much stronger company last time.
    Adrian Makfi is a jag chance too IF young Bennett gives it a peach of a ride.
    Like Trains take on Queen Brown in the first
    Can win Spink but will need to be ridden differently imo..small field, likely slower race pace and back in trip = risky..The fact I've made it a lay makes it a stronger chance though.
    I don't mind the toppie but a lack of pace may hinder it chances too, he is at least up in trip slightly.
    Agree Thunder . Train did mention all the facts you pointed out above . Just think the Sat race it came out of was stronger than this obviously stronger than this. was nominated for the Gimcrack on last Saturday but drew badly. Havent had a chance to look at the rest of the card yet hoefully get a chance soon
    edited March 2020
    Good question on the lays thunder - being a "bookie" can be harder than I thought.

Avilius was a good one to lay, been a great horse and can be almost unbeatable on his day but has been beaten six times in the previous twelve months at odds of between $1.65 and $3.50...and five of those times unplaced, including an NTD on the weekend.

Thunderstruck, spinking likes this post.

Have the cut the riders as in jocks not you Riders into the different groups as yet. Most probaly not looking at todays fields

savethegame likes this post.

Thank F that Covid thread is done and dusted ffs..get a grip you OBSESSED people.

Not yet i dont think @Spink.. I did notice donga WAS engaged on a couple but has been subbed out dunno why..?

spinking likes this post.

Im gonna lay the first fav lol depending on price ..
    The 1000m may be a bit short . But will have something on Alien From Mars r3 . Drawn shi house and you would think go back from there but did come from 14 on the corner beaten 1.7 l  in january $9.00 at the minute. Does have the WA enforcer on top

Thunderstruck likes this post.

Wasnt it SOD first day back?
    Riders just noticed you are leaning the same way i am or i am leaning bthe same way as you are the Alien
    spinking said:

Wasnt it SOD first day back?

Think so..don't know why he isn't riding though.

Sure enough QB gets up in the last bound :\"> this is why I don't lay bet...
    Led 'em up and folded late bit surprised they led :-q

Pikeys was always gonna be the swooper late.
    thats a blowout the thitd

razor likes this post.

• razorrazor    205 posts
    heard some1 on the wireless throw out rock the planet in there numbers this morning
  • H-BOMBERH-BOMBER    10,235 posts
    Abandoned die to Pike being in contact with Zahra.
    FFS :-q :-q :-q
  • TiversTivers    7,720 posts
    H-BOMBER said:

Abandoned die to Pike being in contact with Zahra.

How about everyone just stay TF off planes ???
    (And ships)

Thunderstruck, H-BOMBER likes this post.

• TheDivaTheDiva    13,246 posts
    its not rocket science is it? 
    but still the planes roll into Sydney airport I'm told. 
  • GLAMOURGLAMOUR    677 posts
    So what happens today,all jockeys in the same room today,do yhey all get tested,or is it just Pikey,do the others who shared the same room get stood down untill the result comes through.
  • TheDivaTheDiva    13,246 posts
    If zahra is negative then no issue I would assume
  • FlandersFlanders    1,197 posts
    TheDiva said:

If zahra is negative then no issue I would assume

Pretty much. The immediate future of horse racing in several states hinges on that one person's test result. It's massive