G'day Punter!

In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 32 Non Members

Ben Cousins interview

Sport
detonatordetonator    4,360 posts
Do you think Basil is smart enough to realise that whatever Channel Seven gave Ben for the interview to be screened on Sunday will just be used to fund his habit.

+1 -1

oldhendo likes this post.

Comments

• oldhendooldhendo    763 posts
    They dont give a phluck, they just want a story. Maggots,

RIO likes this post.

• NevershowsurpriseNevershowsurprise    995 posts
    oldhendo said:

They dont give a phluck, they just want a story. Maggots,

Cousins approached Channel 7 for the interview

• spinkingspinking    3,737 posts
    No Deto the money for the story was paid to a laser to administer. The payment for the story was not given directly to Ben
    That should have been lawer not laser

RIO likes this post.

• detonatordetonator    4,360 posts
    edited March 2020

That's good to hear Spin.

Under normal circumstances I probably wouldn`t tune in.

I have seen, heard and read enough of the Ben Cousins story to be duped into thinking he is prepared to turn his life around, only to see the next headline.

But this Corona Virus overload has got me prepared to watch anything else to take my mind of it, (the virus that is ) ......all except to watching "Ross the Boss" on Wednesday`s Footy Classified. Phuck that !!!

I`m miserable enough !!! 

:-B
  • ThunderstruckThunderstruck    7,676 posts
    @Det..you have probably heard of him i'd say but If you haven't search YouTube for Matty Matheson/Just A Dash he is a ballsy crazy big fat canadian m'fer who does cooking segments :D ...he may not be everyone's cuppa tea or even yours but I reckon he is funny asf..and a recommended watch.

Bonus is the recipes are seriously good and not that hard to make!
    He is a very good chef and loves food SO much even the taste tests are funny.

Just a thought...
    Thanks TS. I will take a look at my next opportunity and will give my critique. I need a laugh. :D

Thunderstruck likes this post.

edited March 2020
    detonator said:

Thanks TS. I will take a look at my next opportunity and will give my critique. I need a laugh. :D

Checked out your man Matty Matheson TS.
    Following in the theme of his cooking, it is definitely “ an acquired taste “ 
    ;)

Thunderstruck likes this post.

Used to have a show on Viceland a couple of years ago called It's Suppertime, he is definitely left field mate.
  • NevershowsurpriseNevershowsurprise    995 posts
    detonator said:

That's good to hear Spin.

Under normal circumstances I probably wouldn`t tune in.

I have seen, heard and read enough of the Ben Cousins story to be duped into thinking he is prepared to turn his life around, only to see the next headline.

But this Corona Virus overload has got me prepared to watch anything else to take my mind of it, (the virus that is ) ......all except to watching "Ross the Boss" on Wednesday`s Footy Classified. Phuck that !!!

I`m miserable enough !!! 

:-B
    Det, it’s not worth tuning into. Was average viewing.

spinking likes this post.

I agree NSS. That’s an hour and a half of my life I won’t get back.
    No surprises in that one.

edited March 2020
    Really? Oh good i'm glad I forgot it was on then.

My Next viewing recommendation is, The Lawyer on SBS On Demand..binge watched it this weekend found it a decent and edgy Swedish drama, if people can handle shows with subtitles these type of shows schitt all over the b.s. and mostly reality crap channels 7, 9 and 10 serve up.
  • SKIDSSKIDS    1,006 posts
    Gee whizz... The kid could play footy, but he is one cooked cnut now!
    No headline with Ben's name in it will surprise me. His attitude is poor me, what a sad case of a human.

oldhendo, spinking, RIO likes this post.

Ben Cousins comes clean. What a crock of shite did not answer any of the hard questions, have you used in the time we have been with you. Still seems to be blaming everyone from his family to his ex partners family  to the courts and the police for his troubles.One thing he did say interested me that he could not minipulate his time in prison, seems to suggets he has minipulated a lot in other areas of his life

Manchild likes this post.

• MarkovinaMarkovina    2,889 posts
    This whole Ben Cousins saga - what annoyed me the most - was how many people in high places - like Demetriou - and commentators like Sheahan and Healey - and even the great Francis Bourke - when Cousins was at Richmond - they all the said the same thing 

"Ben has got an illness " - what a load of tripe

I contrast that - to a story i read about 5- years ago re Joel Selwood

There was a boy 5-6 years  of age - he was in a childrens cancer ward - Selwood was his favourite player - his hero - so his mother contacted the club for Joel and there was another Geelong player ( i cant remember who that was - might have been Mackie ) to visit her son in hospital 

So Joel and his team mate went in and saw the boy - he said the mother look terrified - the reason being - the boys only option for living was he had to lose his eyesight - there was cancerous tumours at tHe back of both eyes - and both eyes had to be removed

Selwood said when he and the other Geel  player left the hospital  and were walking back to their car - they started crying and they couldnt stop crying - thats the affect it had on them 

That boy had an illness - Cousins didnt have an illness - typical blooody AFL

Thunderstruck, RIO likes this post.

• ChariotsonfireChariotsonfire    2,829 posts
    The real tragedy is his own kids and immediate family.
    Did I see "brand Fyfe" playing tennis with a wooden racquet ?
  • licklick    305 posts
    Showed no respect to his Mum and Dad - no remorse at all.

Its up to you Ben, no one else. Showed no sign of wanting to change.

JimmyPop, Manchild likes this post.

"brand fyfe" still at the Dcckers Detonator despite your guarantees that he was going elsewhere.

That is correct Chariots......at the moment.

When the AFL gets going again and money is scarce etc he will head east to max out his profile.

He won`t see a flag at the Dockers in his lifetime as a player so he will go. Take that to the bank.

:-h
    Keep fantasising Detonator you will be right eventually.

You probably thought Chris Judd would never leave the Eagles.

Keep fantasising Detonator you will be right eventually.

You probably thought Chris Judd would never leave the Eagles.

After winning a flag and having a microphone stuck up his nose at every training session having to talk about Ben I wasn`t surprised.

Maybe a few years earlier it may have seemed unimaginable.

But Juddy had his own "brand Fyfe". Her name is Rebecca. Unlike Lleytons accessory, she embraced the limelight.

Juddy and Rebecca are our equivalent of Harry and Meghan. Or should I say Meghan and Harry.

=))

RIO likes this post.