G'day Punter!

In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 32 Non Members

Tony Jones vs Eddie Mcguire

Sport
detonatordetonator    4,360 posts
edited April 2020 Sport
Tony Jones won that by unanimous decision.
Thought Eddies head was going to explode. GOLD !!!
:-&
+1 -1

jum likes this post.

Comments

• TiversTivers    7,720 posts
    Tough gig for Eddie.
    If any clubs members are going to want (need) their money back, it's his clubs......
  • TheDivaTheDiva    13,246 posts
    i see his point tho.. if you want your club to survive... leave the money there. 
    Ofcourse, that will depend on your individual circumstance.
    I dont have a footy membership, but there are things I've paid for for the year and I'll be leaving my money there and hoping they make it to the other side so I can enjoy them again. 

oldhendo likes this post.

No shame there Diva.
    No one has a NM membership.

rooboy dislikes this post.

• detonatordetonator    4,360 posts
    I pay $600 + every year for my WCE membership.
    This entitles me to a seat for each eagle home game and a shot at GF tickets.
    A “wait in the wings” membership is $55.00

How much of my $600 membership goes to the Eagles and how much goes to the AFL and subsidiary coffers ?

If $300 goes to the Eagles then I can live with that even though I may not see a live game.
    The other $300 should be refunded.
    Another option could be that memberships are discounted by 20% for a five year period to offset this year.

Help me out here RIO 

[-O<
  • SKIDSSKIDS    1,006 posts
    My 23rd year as a member of the greatest club in the world. Nothings changed, there's just no footy.
    Said to the missus last night we'll buy a Swan Districts membership too.

Don't think of it costing you money, look at the money you're saving not drinking a carton (or more) watching footy all weekend!

oldhendo, VillageKid likes this post.

edited April 2020
    SKIDS said:

My 23rd year as a member of the greatest club in the world. Nothings changed, there's just no footy.

Don't think of it costing you money, look at the money you're saving not drinking a carton (or more) watching footy all weekend!

How much is your Collingwood membership Skidmark ?
  • SKIDSSKIDS    1,006 posts
    edited April 2020
    $215 for interstate, plus I add on ($100) Social Club membership. I collect the badges, have every one since 1957.... only need '55 (first year of social club badges) & '56... rare as rocking horse ****!

• ManchildManchild    679 posts
    In the west  , We are not members, we are season ticket holders.
    WE do NOT have voting rights, there is a difference.

Gilgamesh likes this post.

Correct - you've bought tickets to games (only) that aren't being played.
    any other event/s you bought tickets to have been refunded.

Even with my Richmond Membership - is only $100 and change or so (won't be requesting a refund), but for those who've paid thousands for reserved seats, at non existent games............I can see the point.
  • VillageKidVillageKid    2,275 posts
    SKIDS said:

Great work Skids, I am a current SD member too (30+ years)  and am happy to help the club out in its hour of need.
  • TheDivaTheDiva    13,246 posts
    Tivers said:

No shame there Diva.

No one has a NM membership.
    easy tiger....

SKIDS said:

$215 for interstate, plus I add on ($100) Social Club membership. I collect the badges, have every one since 1957.... only need '55 (first year of social club badges) & '56... rare as rocking horse ****!

I am a collector of WCE membership cards after I saw a Collingwood display featuring all their cards at an AFL museum at the `G`. Thought it was a great idea.

I have every Eagles membership card except for 87 and 88. From memory I reckon we may have had ticketmaster type paper tickets back then.

When they went to plastic "credit card" size cards they used to punch a hole in the card  of the round on the day of the game. Bit like a bus conductor clipping a ticket.

Then later on the old barcode system kicked in the cards remained pristine.

If anyone has an 87 and 88 ticket let me know

:D
  • GilgameshGilgamesh    4,718 posts
    Manchild said:

In the west  , We are not members, we are season ticket holders.

WE do NOT have voting rights, there is a difference.
    This is spot on. Have heard more times in the last month comments like “this club is for its members, you are the owners of this club, the club is nothing without its supporters” than I’ve heard anything about the club is for its supporters in the last ten years. 

I buy a season ticket not a membership, other than getting in what do I get? It’s certainly no club, don’t get invited back after a win or a loss to mix with anyone, that is unless you want to stump up more dollars. 

It’s all about the money and right now they are desperate for everyone’s so we are all suddenly owners of our club when every penny counts to them.