G'day Punter!

In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 29 Non Members
R1- TOMMY BLUE was a shade disappointing last start in the small field. Previous runs were all very good. Fresh, back to 1100, blinkers and pike on are big positives and is drawn to enjoy a lovely run just off the speed.

R2- COMES A TIME has been putting in good runs all prep and looks suited up to 1400. Has been really running through the line and winkers on could be the key here. Enough speed in this to allow her to show her turn of foot.

R3- INDIAN CHANT has really turned a corner since joining the Fernie camp. Has been very dominant in victory at his last two when coming to the middle of the track and powering away although in lesser grade. Suited up to 1400 and should get a similar run in transit.

R4- WARFISH comes out running from the deep and if he can find a spot one off he’ll be hard to beat. Worked hard to find the breeze first up and stuck on well to salute. Should be fitter for that and this field doesn’t look overly strong.

R5- THROWDOWN could be the last one standing at the end of 2400. Looks a race where they could be making there moves from the 800 which suits this horse perfectly. A bit one paced but stays all day and was strong winning the great southern cup last start. Look for him going towards the 3200 WA cup.

R6- LORENTINIO worked hard to get to the front in a fast run race last start and was only beaten by an in form media baron. Small class drop, back to 1400 and a race where he should find the front a bit easier. If he can put a space on them on the corner he’ll be hard to run down.

R7- YEAH DARDY was arguably the run of the race in the grandstand cup. Was ridden cold and really hit the line. Better ridden on pace and if O’Donnell kicks him out to sit just off WRINKLY he’ll be able to show his best at the double figures.

R8- Despite the wide draw STARFIELD IMPACT looks one of the few horses that could take it up to GEMMA’S SON. Was good winning the supremacy sitting deep throughout and was tough again last start. Can run well forward or back in the field so the draw isn’t the end of the world and she looks good value the place or in betting without markets.

R9- RED CAN MAN has really proved himself in two runs back beating strong fields of older horses. Will have to do some work from the draw but did so last start and was still strong at the end of 1400. TRANQUILLA SUNRISE should ensure there’s no three wide line by breaking the field open and RED CAN MAN could be the first one to go past him.

Happy punting all.

Comments

• ThunderstruckThunderstruck    7,676 posts
    WARY of the pilot on Cliffs tomorrow he is striking at about 3% his last 100 rides...I don't rate him.
    Having said that If he leads without burning too much juice just wins..could beat Tommy Blue with 60 imo.

Gilgamesh, detonator likes this post.

• H-BOMBERH-BOMBER    10,235 posts
    Some must see footage after Old Comrade won the Aus Cup

A younger Bob Peters, Paul Harvey and Lindsay Smith.

https://twitter.com/marcohlmus/status/1245952380731965441?s=20

JimmyPop, Thunderstruck, hash likes this post.

• Buddy123Buddy123    208 posts
    Harvey riding at 55.5kg? Must be on the shred..
  • Precision1Precision1    544 posts
    Could see Northerly actually kick on a couple of occasions when he saw them coming at him, best horse probably won on the day but gee what a fighter.

• GilgameshGilgamesh    4,718 posts

WARY of the pilot on Cliffs tomorrow he is striking at about 3% his last 100 rides...I don't rate him.

Having said that If he leads without burning too much juice just wins..could beat Tommy Blue with 60 imo.

Shssssshhhhhh. We don’t want those that do the markets to start factoring in he is an anchor not a claim

Thunderstruck likes this post.

edited April 2020
    Race 1 Giddyup's speed map had the 9 leading and the favourite 4 deep and chasing some 9 lengths off the pace 8-X
    Gilgamesh said:

Shssssshhhhhh. We don’t want those that do the markets to start factoring in he is an anchor not a claim

Never in doubt mate!! :D love to see what time he ran they flew early.

Gilgamesh likes this post.

Bit of luck from the sticky gate and Eurasia wins again.

In R5 i reckon Picture Perfect is a spesh!
  • savethegamesavethegame    2,786 posts
    My lynch pin for multis to day is indian chant, Think he possess a touch of class,mindful the favourite is going to get a easy lead from gate one.--Wether it is a negative his 3 wins have come from three weeks between runs, his on the quickbackup   but for new stable should be 4 from 4.
    Was too good mate!, the fav was always a risk up too1400 and harder with the young Graham already notching one saturday winner.

savethegame likes this post.

• curmudgeoncurmudgeon    2,417 posts
    edited April 2020
     Long time since FR Kersley has been involved in the same race as Indian Chant

JimmyPop likes this post.

• Ridersonthestorm33Ridersonthestorm33    10,809 posts
    Good on ya stg, was definitely on track when the former great Indian Chant won a free for all at Gloucester Park for driver Fred Kersley when the Indian was around 13 - 14 yrs of age.

This Indian Chant what a transformation.

savethegame likes this post.

• JayJayJayJay    7,629 posts
    Oh I dunno, he raced til he was about 25.
    ;)

curmudgeon likes this post.

• Ridersonthestorm33Ridersonthestorm33    10,809 posts
    edited April 2020
    Indian Chant has arrived and sending out smoke signals, that's four scalps in a row, and i'm on the warpath.

Positively no puns intended.

curmudgeon likes this post.

• paraleticparaletic    3,750 posts
    edited April 2020
    Throwdown

In R5 i reckon Picture Perfect is a spesh!

Gave it NO hope ffs :-q
  • ElitistElitist    365 posts
    There were a few there given no hope, Here Come Lenni, any urgency?
  • curmudgeoncurmudgeon    2,417 posts
    Hitlers Revenge was 3 deep the trip and will run 5 miles
  • TheSwooperTheSwooper    1,717 posts
    Well I know what should have won. Luke's is flying.

Thunderstruck likes this post.

edited April 2020
    Sherpa Lass was underwhelming at best..
    Luke's Gold is a rejuvenated galloper is near to flying atm.
  • DamienWyerDamienWyer    7,660 posts
    Nice to see Lorentinio win again in town.
  • Dodgey94Dodgey94    125 posts
    Dom to shoot a place in the karrakatta looks a good bet ?? Tomorrow at pinjarra Park race to jump on granmaggie guys I got the 91 so I’m happy haha.
    edited April 2020
    F me Media Baron is dead set flying!!! ILY :x

Dodgey94, savethegame likes this post.

• YankeeYankee    299 posts

F me Media Baron is dead set flying!!! 

Just could not back it and i am a Harvey fan and it wins easy won't take odds on in the plate will try out that young fella Pike has not had a winner in a while!

• savethegamesavethegame    2,786 posts
    Had fair look at k.k.plate   Gemma son looks the pro.ability + manners,watch me dance gives the impression  tries her heart out.  Would have loved to see ima single men have one my run,not very tractable, but think theres a motor under the bonnet wild card.
    The Harrison hoodoo continues...... :-q
  • DamienWyerDamienWyer    7,660 posts
    Second starter wins the feature 2yo race of the season. Don't say punting is hard.

Second starter wins the feature 2yo race of the season. Don't say punting is hard.

And did it the tradesman's way too breezing, beat the fave fair and square.
  • paraleticparaletic    3,750 posts
    What next for Red Can Man? What a horse, showing its quality again.
  • Dodgey94Dodgey94    125 posts
    Was a great tough win
  • H-BOMBERH-BOMBER    10,235 posts
    Up the Baron ❤️