G'day Punter!

In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 31 Non Members

Ascot Saturday 11th April

West Australian Racing
Lets keep the threads separate. Should be a busy few days on PTT since we're not allowed to go out anywhere! 

Comments

• TrainTrain    186 posts
    If there was such a thing as too much racing I think this would be what it looks like. Still like a few though.

R4- CATHERINE WHEEL is a horse that seems to appreciate racing fresh so the six weeks between runs should suit. Should be able to find the breeze in a fast run race but she’s good when allowed to roll and gets first crack at the leader.

R6- TOLLMAN was a shade disappointing last start when well supported. Four weeks between runs into a similar field and drawn to sit leaders back. Leader may roll of the fence and that only furthers his cause.

R9- BLACK SHADOW may just have been seen out by the 2400 last week and backs up at a slightly shorter trip. Looks to come across and find the breeze a be a few pairs in front of his main rivals. Should get rolling through the corner and give a sight.

R10- CRYPTIC LOVE had been stiff in two starts before breaking through for a big win last start. No reason she can’t go in with it. Gets back again, another big field but the speed looks strong and if she can get to the outside she’ll be rattling home again.

Ridersonthestorm33 likes this post.

• Ridersonthestorm33Ridersonthestorm33    10,809 posts
    edited April 2020
    No rest for the wicked, yep on again, and a hiding to nothing - have aversion to odds on fave's - lay all year and you'll be a mile in front - but don't be laying this one - she's a cert 8-| Tuscan Queen.

Earlier in the day, he's a different beast but can give a sight - place only - Warfish.

Two backing at eachway odds later in the day - same race, better than 10/1 the sometimes unlucky Dark Choice and a sneaky regard for Wild Fusion.
    edited April 2020
    Will be interesting to see who can run 2nd 3rd 4th in the Derby for first four jackpot players....the four rank outsiders at around 25/1 and better Miss Dominican, Showyadaddy, Samantha's Twitch and Criminal Code - no surprise to see one of them sneak 2,3 or 4 and put some value in.

And Tuscan Queen has to win first. She will - comfortably. ( A nose or more ).
    edited April 2020
    Recall early days to the track seeing eastern states horses and Derby winners Asgard, Dayana, Bottled Sunshine and local Ngawyni - how would they go against this lot ?

They'd give them the wooshka!

Dayana won Derbies everywhere in Australia from memory, and Danny Miller think rode Bottled Sunshine for Colin Hayes. Asgard and Dayana - Bart Cummings ? Ngawyni a local champ won race after race.
  • SKIDSSKIDS    1,006 posts
    One at odds for me today, Seannie in the last. A great E/W chance.
    First 4 Jackpot ($25k) in race 8. I love these, even if the favourite wins, they usually pay ok. The trick is, to throw a few at odds in, but not too many to smash your %.

4.6 / 1.2.3.4.6 /  S2 / FD will be one I'll take 

:-B
  • ThunderstruckThunderstruck    7,676 posts
    Will be looking for Ponty to ride at least a double today.

R2 Our Boy Dylan and the get out stakes R10 Cryptic Love appeal for starters.

R5 Is not a real strong 78+ rated field really, the real Touch Of Silver can win this today is the day he produces his best I reckon..and Dutch Spy can figure too he is untried at 1600 I think he will run it out.
  • TheSwooperTheSwooper    1,717 posts
    I'm happy to stick with Watch Me Ney Ney again. Drawn poorly but this is no harder than what he met 1st up and the extra 200m is of benefit.

Captain Burglar will also carry some of mine. On The Turps is drawn similar to last time and although going well, on past performances, it will once again settle one pair two far back in the run. No doubt it will suck me in closer to start time.

Thunderstruck likes this post.

• bradybrady    1,452 posts
    Race 3
    Tommy Blue
    Race 10
    Glasgow Girl
    Gees Charleton was impressive. The Burglar might need further but no excuses.
    He is a ripper Son Of A God that was never in doubt.
    Dutch was ridden a treat but found a solid 1600m too far. Mystery Miss never travelled an inch more than necessary. 
    Old Touch Of Silver went ok..correct in saying Dutchy didn't get the trip.
    Blitzed them with 62kgs, was well ridden today too.
    edited April 2020
    Well that was an average race. On The Turps - had the chance to get going early and sit out wide with cover. No - I'll  just wait wait till they all start making a move and cover more ground than Burke and Wills and lose whatever chance I have prior to the turn. Lucky I'm not paying the bills.

Great ride on the winner. Horse going well.

Thunderstruck, Uttsy likes this post.

• spinkingspinking    3,738 posts
    Can The omen bet La Bionda win the next ( look at the name of the race)

H-BOMBER likes this post.

• H-BOMBERH-BOMBER    10,235 posts
    I've tipped it for that reason alone
    Always needed luck. In the end Ney Ney did well to grab a placing.

Thunderstruck likes this post.

Ney Ney ran home stoutly Swoop..
    Will be winning next start, there goes our price though...
    edited April 2020
    Warfish - pittiful.
    Wild Fusion - worse.
    Dark Choice - that'll do us.
    Nice start to both my quaddies :-B
    Yep. Just needed to draw a barrier today. Once the jockey eases it back to last on the rails -  you know that only the racing gods will get you home. 

4.6.8.9 in the next, in the small (11%) one.

4.6 in the 54% job
    Great win. Great ride. The connections of Cambist will be feeling a bit hard done by. Missed the Oaks and with any clear run today - is a derby placegetter.

Ridersonthestorm33 likes this post.

edited April 2020
    Good luck Skids, she was a class above them, nearly 300/1 first four divvie with Tuscan Queen, that's enormous.
    4.6.9 in the next leg (11%)

4 in the other.
  • detonatordetonator    4,360 posts
    edited April 2020
    DMAC at his best in the Derby. At the 100m says all interest in the minors.
    He wasn’t interested cause he didn’t declare the 3rd place getter who only got there by a length and a quarter. WTF. Too busy trotting out Peters/Williams stats until 200m past the post. 
    =))
    She's very good Cambist, fantastic today, got stayer written all over her.

TheSwooper, hash likes this post.

• The_BullThe_Bull    918 posts
    I'm a fan of DMac, but that call was atrocious. Driving and listening to it, from the 250m he only called one horses name. He didn't mention another horse until well after the post. Not sure he had any idea what had finished behind the favorite.
    Tri paid good @$75 only needed 1 horse in the 1st box.