G'day Punter!

In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 34 Non Members
Just witnessed(and backed)this horse SMASH a field of 12 or so at Doomben, won by 10 lengths unextended.

Looks a group horse without doubt.
+1 -1

jum, TheDiva likes this post.

Comments

• TheDivaTheDiva    13,246 posts
    Went super... follow
    Anzac Day, R3 at the Sunny Coast.
    $1.50 shot. 
  • ThunderstruckThunderstruck    7,676 posts
    edited April 2020
    Yep! Will see how good she is then hey?
    Topweight is a smart filly and herself twice a 1000m city winner but Isotope deserves the short quote based on that booming debut.
    Class above them again and won off of a different type of run, got the split shot away late..runner up was game(and fkd my tri up lol).
    pretty stress free viewing that...
    notice $600k traded on betfair in that race. 
    Into the black type races now, she is the firming 2.25 favourite tomorrow ahead of Rothfire whose boom was lowered a bit when rolled as a 1.20 fav in March.He is strong opposition though as is that one of Snowden's Wild Ruler..Nothdurft steers again, likely to stalk the toppie who should lead and punch this one right out I reckon :D
    edited May 2020
    And...beaten fair and square today barely nabbed the Snowden horse..bit disappointing.

They knew too, Supertab paid a tight 1.80 for the winner.
    Underwhelming today after doing a bit of work early..boom has disappeared, might be just a handy one going forward.
    Smoked some decent 3 yo's at Doomben today, haven't checked the time but visually it was impressive..may have improved enough to compete at the top level as a 3yo..the magic millions races look out! Unsure if she is eligible but assume she may be.
    HUGE win today last 600 I'd guess was massive.
  • tonytony    2,361 posts
    She is now favourite for the MM guineas

Thunderstruck likes this post.

Will go well I'm sure, I think she will get a mile too in time..she might have taken the next step now or they have worked out riding her off pace is not a negative.
  • therealkramertherealkramer    8,008 posts
    Bossy is convinced Away Game will turn the tables in the Guineas. Did he see the replay!?!   :)] :-O 8-}

Thunderstruck likes this post.

Just watched it again myself, Isotope took a good 5L off her in the last 200 and Bossy gave the runner up a pie run plus they didn't go super quick the first 600....tell him he's dreaming :))
    He said Away Game was 1st up and would improve, but Isotope won't give her that much head start again imo. I'm looking forward to the rematch either way 8->
    D day see how good she is tomorrow, looks like she is really wanting 1400 this prep..Saw her priced at 1.86 on a Macbet ratings page on Betfair, the other two in the betting were nearly $8 each...and here was i thinking 2.50/2.60 was short enough..
    I reckon a maximum of 5 horses can possibly run into a place so my tri as follows :

1st Isotope, Away Game
    2nd S1, Forbidden Love, Gotta Kiss
    3rd S2, Apache Chase

if its genuinely soft ill throw Forbidden Love in the first box too..some rain is forecast from lunchtime how much? wtf would know the BOM dont...
    what a bummer, reckon the jockey fd up and clipped Away Game's heels(who she likely would have smoked but we will never know)..bring back Nothdurft  :-&
    edited January 2021
    I'd hook the jockey after that-I'm not sure what he was doing running up Away Game's **** so far into the straight? The run presented itself to the inside yet the horse appeared to run onto heels when AG was steered away from the rail and then corrected itself and hung in. Isotope was almost beaten last start by a dumb ride and now this? 
    agree completely Nothdurft is having a spell with weight issues and maybe taking that suspension in the process but he wouldnt have done that, was a pretty shithouse effort and it was a 2 million dollar race ffs, i think she was going to launch into the finish for sure.
    Unsure what's next if anything, let up and maybe races over the winter carnival? fairly big ask to go to the Straddy or Doomben 10000 as a 3yo filly though.
    edited January 2021
    Jockey reckons if he doesnt **** up it wins  L-)
    edited January 2021

Jockey reckons if he doesnt **** up it wins  L-)

Isotope was travelling much better than Away Game-why Maloney continued to follow that horse for so long is anyone's guess? Notwithstanding the fact that she was galloped on, Away Game didn't win. So, clearly wasn't the horse to be following in the first place.
    Comes to Sydney on Saturday is in R1 taking on some of the good ones there, 1200 fresh suits and she has trialled well in Brisbane in the lead up.
    Drawn gate 10 which is ok and better than the fence and running up their arces again as "rearender" Maloney stays on, a soft track won't worry her either.

I think she will go extremely close to winning.
    $-) Go you good girl, some justice for the murder at the Goldy.

oldhendo likes this post.

Redemption day Saturday with this gun mare.Has had very little luck the last 12 months since Maloney botched her winning the 3yo feature.

Although she missed a lead up/tune run I still think she will be winning. #DontfarkitupRyan!

jum likes this post.

And goes BANG!! redemption is hers.

oldhendo, jum likes this post.

terrible on the weekend on the heavy... first horse gone and beaten 10lens.... 
    edited March 2022
    Yeh maybe just an aberration, were track conditions unfavourable? And first up off a 2 month freshen?
    She is better than that but I'd be wary if it's heavy again..even more so at Rosehill.
    Also she drifted hard late I jumped ship and followed the fairytale horse Shelby! Lol