G'day Punter!

In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 24 Non Members

Does The Doc do it again?

West Australian Racing
PerthTurfTalkPerthTurfTalk    3,054 posts
We turn into the last day of a Raceday in a familiar position. thedoc the favourite.

The winner of the last Raceday competition many moons ago, The 'Doc', an actual Doctor, seems to be relaxed despite the COVID crisis, all proven through a commanding lead.

He's an unassuming fellow. Short in stature, quick in wit, however deadly on the tip.

He's toughed out three days and looked closer to victory in each and every one.

Now he turns to Bunbury. A track that's been good to him with his own winners.

He's not alone. Therea are some familiar faces, and champions, in the form of choc, jamtin, MuzzaD and Seagull.

There's only one day to go. 9 races at Bunbury's Easter Monday. It's been a marathon, a true 4800m affair, however the Doc looks to have the cure yet again.

Good luck tipsters.
+1 -1

jum likes this post.

Comments

• TheDivaTheDiva    13,246 posts
    He’s a very smart cookie the doc =D>
    How does the maiden redmill get allocated 60.5kg, the same as three time winner doc friar in the 4th at pinj
  • silkysilky    342 posts
    TheDiva said:

How does the maiden redmill get allocated 60.5kg, the same as three time winner doc friar in the 4th at pinj

Doesn't sound right. How do they come up with the country rating? When my horse went to Albany for the first time she was allocated with and extra 2 ratings points. When Doc Friar went to the country it looks as if he dropped a point?
    I’m a love man into 3.8 on the fair? What did I miss?

udontknow likes this post.

• BobcatBobcat    159 posts
    Redmill for me
  • The_BullThe_Bull    918 posts
    TheDiva said:

As a maiden in a ratings based handicap, he has to have a rating. In this case it is 60. Being a 46+ race, he therefore carries 62kg minus the 1.5 claim, ending up with 60.5kg.
  • udontknowudontknow    483 posts
    Can anyone explain why the track is soft today? Why was it watered to a soft5?
  • RodentRodent    7,024 posts
    TheDiva said:

I’m a love man into 3.8 on the fair? What did I miss?

You missed Dodgey tipping it to every man and his dog.

Manchild, hash likes this post.

• curmudgeoncurmudgeon    2,417 posts
    Half the field ploughed through the unopened gates in the last by the look of it
  • savethegamesavethegame    2,786 posts
    edited April 2020

Half the field ploughed through the unopened gates in the last by the look of it

Thought may be a false start Ritchie was   calling costa del santo getting held-up, then said it ran last, not sure wether it even jumped and may have stayed in the gates--------- anyway was declared a non-runner.
  • UttsyUttsy    129 posts
    No idea on how to post a picture on here, but did anyone see the start closely? Looked like four horses broke through the gates early and one stuck in. How did they not declare that a no race?

curmudgeon likes this post.

• The_BullThe_Bull    918 posts
    The replay of the last certainly doesn't show anything breaking through the gates. Oh hang on, the footage starts 10m after the start. Nothing to see here.... Move along..... ;))

Uttsy, curmudgeon likes this post.

• hashhash    7,495 posts
    Costa Del Santo was declared a non runner
    Story I got was clear was called, gates didn’t open properly and some managed to break through.
    So some got away cleanly and early, the rest disadvantaged. Should’ve been a false start, so incredibly isn’t wasn’t called a no race

curmudgeon likes this post.

The_Bull said:

The replay of the last certainly doesn't show anything breaking through the gates. Oh hang on, the footage starts 10m after the start. Nothing to see here.... Move along..... ;))

Not suss at all Bull is it!
    I’m glad the result stood :D
    TheDiva said:

Hahah there’s always some that would be. Only had two selections, but was up for many multiples of the quad. One of them didn’t even get to leave the gates
    Mistakes are made...malfunctions happen...don't try to cover it up ... the vision ....viewers record and replay live.....I was already replaying the start before the race finished...a clear balls up and Richie called it as "a funny old start " before they had gone 100m. I can guarantee that full vision sits on a few hundred or so tv's around the state. These type of episodes do little to inspire faith in the integrity of the industry....not the incident itself..the obvious follow up smother attempt is pathetic.

Uttsy, oldhendo likes this post.

Mistakes are made...malfunctions happen...don't try to cover it up ... the vision ....viewers record and replay live.....I was already replaying the start before the race finished...a clear balls up and Richie called it as "a funny old start " before they had gone 100m. I can guarantee that full vision sits on a few hundred or so tv's around the state. These type of episodes do little to inspire faith in the integrity of the industry....not the incident itself..the obvious follow up smother attempt is pathetic.

Absolutely bang on Curm. This absolutely wreaks of cover up, I had someone send me a video of the start in 20mins, you can’t hide that stuff. To even try is embarrassing.
    I can actually say I closed all my accounts this evening, I have zero confidence in this product anymore. I have a small private fb group I do form for as a bit of fun, will be telling them all I don’t trust the WA product at all anymore. Obvs nothing in the scheme of things, but it’s impossible to not question the integrity of everything if decisions like that are being made.
    TheDiva said:

I had the field going into the last leg of the quaddie after nailing the first 3... would love to have known what the payout was or how they’d of worked it if that was the case

It seems all replays of the race in question have the start commencing well after the gates opened and the horses have all well and truly jump
  • RodentRodent    7,024 posts
    Amazing. Secret Assault hadn't won for 1223 days, misses the start badly and is forced to be ridden cold.....nek minnit bang! He lost 38 times in a row before yesterday. Interesting to see he was ridden with cover at his last win in 2016.
    Uttsy said:

Absolutely bang on Curm. This absolutely wreaks of cover up, I had someone send me a video of the start in 20mins, you can’t hide that stuff. To even try is embarrassing.
    I can actually say I closed all my accounts this evening, I have zero confidence in this product anymore. I have a small private fb group I do form for as a bit of fun, will be telling them all I don’t trust the WA product at all anymore. Obvs nothing in the scheme of things, but it’s impossible to not question the integrity of everything if decisions like that are being made.

Never betting on racing again?
    TheDiva said:

Uttsy said:

Never betting on racing again?
    Never is a big statement, can only seem to close accounts for 28 days at a time, so will start there and see how it ends up. I only bet on WA racing, nothing over east or any sports, so may have to take those up or there wont be any gambling for a while!

Thought may be a false start Ritchie was   calling costa del santo getting held-up, then said it ran last, not sure wether it even jumped and may have stayed in the gates--------- anyway was declared a non-runner.
    Spinking-- Think Ritchie  had miss merit,and costa del santo  1&2 in his tips, when miss merit was 5 lgths in front ,in the call, he glances across the field looking for  costa del santo,then says  costa del santo  is getting  held up.which adds to the confusion, as only 13 horses finished minus costa del santo.

Glad the original vision was put up. A malfunction took place with horses busting gates open, the right decision was made in  the circumstances to announce correct weight ,as no runner chances to win or place were greatly affected in the wash-up, bar Costa del santo which the punters receive refunds on win&place tris, quartets, with his scratching regards quaddie  ,  your units or % transfers to the quaddie sub. , On integrity we spend 24 million a year on the three codes, Just a press release today to inform punters what took place.
    “No runners chances to win or place were greatly affected”
    Of course not with the runners who managed to push through the gates, they were not really affected. But what about the rest who tried, failed and were on the back foot when they did open and then missed the kick? Are they not affected by the gates not opening on time? To say that no runners chances were affected is laughable, you’d have to believe that the issue was the gates opening prematurely. If you’ve actually watched the footage or spoke to anyone involved, you’d know that that is completely not true.
  • spinkingspinking    3,737 posts
    Hash they have now changed the footage of the start on cris and tab replay . To show the entire start after it commeced after they had jumpded as you pointed out. Still no stewards report out at 12.30pm the following day. This race is starting to get on the nose a bit

Uttsy, hash likes this post.

Surely  in the twenty minutes after the race, jockeys were asked ,did they believe  the start  greatly affected ,there horses chances, A decision had to be made which was made at  17.28.43  to make dividends  official, some 20 minutes after race I bet in the race my main plays were miss Harley quinn,costa del santo, would have been better for my pocket with a no-race call ---its opinion based . That's why a press release to explain-----. As i said ( greatly ) affected.  Right call in the scheme  of things
    No idea what the process is and who was asking what, but its clear many of their opinions weren't taken into account.
    lol whats greatly affected? Not having their gate open at all? Coming out at 10 second intervals? As soon as a majority of horses were affected by getting out at the same time, the integrity of the race was completely lost.
    Its clear as day the incorrect decision was made.

Rodent likes this post.