G'day Punter!

In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 30 Non Members

Service fees for 2020

Breeding
DamienWyerDamienWyer    7,660 posts
Studs in the Eastern States are releasing service fees almost every day. New Stallions are going to Stud as per normal and one or two relocating, but for the most part it's more a case of consolidation with an occasional increase, some heavy hitters remaining the same but the overwhelming majority reducing in the order of 20%.

WA tends to be a bit slower in releasing fees each year, but in private conversation with one farm, they have decided to remain as per 2019. Personally I feel that WA Studs should be looking to increase mare numbers by being proactive on service fees, increasing now in my opinion will do nothing for reversing trends of declining mare numbers. Certainly increasing fees off the back of a few winners in restricted WA races is fraught with peril, in fact it's laughable.

Comments

• paraleticparaletic    3,750 posts
    In a covid environment any business looking at an increase is virtually putting up the “closed for business” sign
  • MinesACoronaMinesACorona    184 posts
    Has there been any announcements lately. I seen Scenic Lodge released theirs a few weeks ago, but haven't seen the likes of Darling View, Geisel,Mungrup or Yarradale
  • DamienWyerDamienWyer    7,660 posts
    Mungrup have released their fees. Playing God has been raised 50% to $16,500,  I'm All The Talk up from $5,500 to $7,700, A Lot remains the same at $5,500, Oratorio down from $11,000 to $7,700.

These numbers according to ANZ Bloodstock News

MinesACorona likes this post.

• TiversTivers    7,720 posts
    Saw All American over the weekend - $6,600

MinesACorona likes this post.

• MinesACoronaMinesACorona    184 posts

Mungrup have released their fees. Playing God has been raised 50% to $16,500,  I'm All The Talk up from $5,500 to $7,700, A Lot remains the same at $5,500, Oratorio down from $11,000 to $7,700.

These numbers according to ANZ Bloodstock News

Geewiz the increases seem a bit much. Oratorio has been in decline of late so logically the decrease. I do like Playing God but that fee is a bit extreme. I'm All The Talk is interesting off the back of one 2yo.

What did All American stand for last season? Is that a slight increase?
    All American is unchanged at $6,600

I'm All The Talk and a rise in his service fee is unjustifiable.

Playing God in a more positive year this would have been almost palatable, but in the current circumstances I just can't see how they will generate good will at all by increasing so much in what has always been a weak marketplace.

Oratorio at $7,700 is great bang for buck as he still has plenty of good ones left in him.

By not putting up the fees on Universal Ruler, Scenic Lodge really showed that they have breeders in mind in difficult times, as he is going far away the best in the State across the board.

RIO likes this post.

• FlandersFlanders    1,197 posts

All American is unchanged at $6,600

I'm All The Talk and a rise in his service fee is unjustifiable.

Playing God in a more positive year this would have been almost palatable, but in the current circumstances I just can't see how they will generate good will at all by increasing so much in what has always been a weak marketplace.

Oratorio at $7,700 is great bang for buck as he still has plenty of good ones left in him.

By not putting up the fees on Universal Ruler, Scenic Lodge really showed that they have breeders in mind in difficult times, as he is going far away the best in the State across the board.

What is the fee for Maschino Damien?
    Unknown to me, not mentioned on ANZ Bloodstock News. Nothing about the TBWA website reflects the coming season's service fees
  • paraleticparaletic    3,750 posts
    paraletic said:

In a covid environment any business looking at an increase is virtually putting up the “closed for business” sign

I stand by my statement. Good luck to those increasing

RIO likes this post.

Case in point.

Dunbar by Vancouver, goes alright, most people I know would be happy to own him. You can send your mare to Vancouver for $30,250 this year. I know there is no Westspeed attached other than the basic, but that is a very realistic stud fee, especially by comparison top what is being offered here in our own little planet of price rises.

Just saying.
  • TiversTivers    7,720 posts
    What price rises ?