G'day Punter!

In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 25 Non Members

Not Pushin' Shapes

West Australian Racing
You all called out that ride in Queensland on Vega One.. Well have a look at the ride on Pushin' Shapes

Comments

• JimmyPopJimmyPop    316 posts
    edited May 2020
    Very ordinary ride, Refused to pull out. Lack of whip use. Hasn't tried a yard. Three months.

SLIPPERGOLDEN likes this post.

• mattymatty    45 posts
    WOW!
  • The_BullThe_Bull    918 posts
    Horrible viewing...
  • DamienWyerDamienWyer    7,660 posts
    Elevated heart rate and slow to recover. I guess those are the sort of things Jockeys discover after they ask a question of the horse and it fails to respond so they assume there is something wrong. 
  • SLIPPERGOLDENSLIPPERGOLDEN    7,741 posts
    When was it asked a question? A token hint near the line if that. No sign of the horse failing to respond. The ride is indefensible.

JimmyPop, Nevershowsurprise likes this post.

• H-BOMBERH-BOMBER    10,235 posts
    Got a message not long after the race. Looks terrible.
  • hashhash    7,495 posts

You all called out that ride in Queensland on Vega One.. Well have a look at the ride on Pushin' Shapes

a bit different i'd of thought
    Vega One an alarming drifter $4 out to $9 and the stablemate wins 
    Vega One could have actually won and would have finished in the money affecting bets and prizemoney and ratings points etc etc
    Vega One had good form prior and was a legit hope of winning the race
  • spinkingspinking    3,737 posts
    Back behind the horse that eventually ran second at the 800&turn and comes home faster than it albeit marginally. Agree not a lot of vigour used

Thunderstruck, SLIPPERGOLDEN likes this post.

edited May 2020
    Hash with all due respect you have totally understood. Your comparisons are irrelevant.

I was not placing both rides on a par apart from the fact there is little iniative to gain the best possible finishing position in the race...That is saying it very nicely.... By both jockeys.

For the record Hash I believe the horse could have very well won the race given every opportunity.

Damien states the horse had an elevated heart rate... Probably got it waiting in anticipation for Dragham to let it run freely into the race.

Nevershowsurprise likes this post.

• FlandersFlanders    1,197 posts
    Slip I 100% agree. Was horrible and deserves the same sort of penalty that the QLD lad got. Good on the stewards for noticing it and having an inquiry.

JimmyPop likes this post.

edited May 2020
    JimmyPop said:Very ordinary ride, Refused to pull out. Lack of whip use. Hasn't tried Back behind the horse that eventually ran second at the 800&turn and comes home faster than it albeit marginally. 

Didn't even come home fast as it wasn't asked to do so. Jockey Dragham was obviously
    social distancing from being in the finish
  • spinkingspinking    3,737 posts
    Best closing 600 of the race
    Flanders said:

Good on the stewards for noticing it and having an inquiry.

Flanders are you referring to Perth as I haven't seen that? I hope so. 

Very rare a jockey gets outed here for not allowing their horse to run on its merits and I have noted a few obvious ones on here previously that went unscathed.

Can anyone recall a jockey that was outed in recent years for not giving a horse every opportunity? Most these days are outed for drug sample abnormalities and even then a case or two of those inquiries aren't completed.
    edited May 2020
    spinking said:

Best closing 600 of the race

Not bad considering the horse was only asked half heartedly for an effort in the last 50.

Flanders said:

Good on the stewards for noticing it and having an inquiry.

Flanders are you referring to Perth as I haven't seen that? I hope so. 

Very rare a jockey gets outed here for not allowing their horse to run on its merits and I have noted a few obvious ones on here previously that went unscathed.

Can anyone recall a jockey that was outed in recent years for not giving a horse every opportunity? Most these days are outed for drug sample abnormalities and even then a case or two of those inquiries aren't completed.

Yeah it's in the stewards report
    edited May 2020
    Flanders said:

Yeah it's in the stewards report

They must have read this forum.

Are the trainers being questioned regarding instructions?

Just read this.......Rider was questioned regarding his riding in the straight. Please refer to Steward's Report for further information.

Really? How about from the moment the barriers opened?

• NevershowsurpriseNevershowsurprise    995 posts
    hash said:

a bit different i'd of thought
    Vega One an alarming drifter $4 out to $9 and the stablemate wins 
    Vega One could have actually won and would have finished in the money affecting bets and prizemoney and ratings points etc etc
    Vega One had good form prior and was a legit hope of winning the race
    You can’t be serious.... He couldn’t hold the horse slow enough in the straight. He hooked it plain and simple.

Should get 2 years. What he did ruins the integrity of our industry.

• ManchildManchild    679 posts
    Shocking, The kid should get 3 months & thats just for stupidity

JimmyPop, detonator likes this post.

• NevershowsurpriseNevershowsurprise    995 posts

Elevated heart rate and slow to recover. I guess those are the sort of things Jockeys discover after they ask a question of the horse and it fails to respond so they assume there is something wrong. 

When did he ask for an effort?

JimmyPop, detonator likes this post.

• paraleticparaletic    3,750 posts
    Wouldn’t want him riding one of mine ever
    Manchild said:

Shocking, The kid should get 3 months & thats just for stupidity

Pretty stupid that the connections put on a kid and ask him to hook it. Just put on a senior rider and send him round... 65kgs is enough to do the job

edited May 2020

hash said:
    Nevershowsurprise says He couldn’t hold the horse slow enough in the straight. He hooked it plain and simple. Should get 2 years. What he did ruins the integrity of our industry.  

If found guilty now we are talking a more appropriate sentence.
    Not a good look that he’s the stables leading apprentice rider (correct me if I’m wrong)
    Why would any jockey make an effort to want to hook a 50/1 with duck eggs next to its name anyway
    The horse was that full of running after the post even Whiting was caught by surprise what horse it was flying down the outside once it was all over   :))

PNG
    PNG
    Capture.PNG
  • chatskychatsky    20 posts
    Should get life. It happens on a weekly basis, just so happens this one is more obvious. 

Uttsy likes this post.

• bradybrady    1,452 posts
    chatsky said:

Should get life. It happens on a weekly basis, just so happens this one is more obvious. 

Should get life my ****
    Let the Cobblers do the Cobbling
  • TheSwooperTheSwooper    1,717 posts
    Did myself a favour and watched the replay. Mmmmm. Amazing the horse was slow to recover from the run. Can understand the elevated heart rate - obviously it was annoyed with the jockey for not letting him loose a few metres earlier. 

Would like to hear the explanation from all connections.

JimmyPop, oldhendo, Uttsy, Thunderstruck, brady likes this post.

• LooksLikeTroubleLooksLikeTrouble    134 posts
    you would think if a jock rode one like that the connections would be jumping up and down but like the vega one case it probably hasnt happened so it makes you think what the instructions were ?

• VoodooVoodoo    1,234 posts
    Find it a bit confusing all the blame laid on the apprentice....instruction's may have been followed in this case....but as per usual the young bloke will take the wrap whether he likes it or not.