G'day Punter!

In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 28 Non Members

Old Racing Footage

West Australian Racing
PCPC    2,190 posts
Found this old race which was loaded onto youtube only a few days ago. For those interested, see race below.

1998 Group 2 C.B Cox Stakes (2400m WFA)

+1 -1

Gilgamesh, Thunderstruck, Tucool likes this post.

Comments

• JayJayJayJay    7,629 posts
    Trotted in and no doubt well supported. Were those the days....or what.....follow the double  "H" money. Was that King Of Saxony's year, another truly unbelievable performance.

PC likes this post.

• PCPC    2,190 posts
    edited May 2020
    JayJay said:

Trotted in and no doubt well supported. Were those the days....or what.....follow the double  "H" money. Was that King Of Saxony's year, another truly unbelievable performance.

The guy who uploaded that 1998 Cox Stakes....he will be uploading the 1999 Perth Cup which was won by King Of Saxony. When that race is on youtube - I will post the link on here.

PC, JayJay likes this post.

• ThunderstruckThunderstruck    7,676 posts
    edited May 2020
    Not familiar with that horse, great name though! Love a JD and dry.

I see Dmac was still a bit iffy on the 3rd placegetter that day too 8-X

PC, loose_goose likes this post.

• PCPC    2,190 posts
    Jay Jay - you mentioned about the winner Jack Daniels being well supported...he was:

1st: Jack Daniels, $5 the win, $2.10 the place

2nd: Rogan Josh, $3.20 the place

3rd: Master Touch, $3.80 the place

Also, Jack Daniels went on to run 17th (second last)...28 lengths away from the winner King Of Saxony in the 1999 Perth Cup. As we know the Cox Stakes is a good lead-up race to the Perth Cup.
  • paraleticparaletic    3,750 posts
    When I saw the title of the video I thought jack Daniels was the sponsor of the cox stakes!!!
  • PCPC    2,190 posts
    paraletic said:

When I saw the title of the video I thought jack Daniels was the sponsor of the cox stakes!!!

Haha yeah same as me mate.
  • hashhash    7,495 posts
    How is it they were able to have this camera set up and angle shown over 10 years ago yet we can’t get the same these days.. notice channel 7 do it regularly but on the big race spring carnival meetings

png
    png
    2F6A77B2-35AD-4A5D-92EA-8EA2C29740E6.png
    2M
  • ElitistElitist    365 posts
    I backed jack Daniels this day and in the cup, trainer Greg Harper was "flying" at the time. 

detonator, spinking, PC likes this post.

• spinkingspinking    3,738 posts
    100% correct Elitist. His horses just didn't know when to lie down. How many times did his runners get headed sometimes Cleary onto to fight back and win

PC likes this post.

• FlandersFlanders    1,197 posts
    spinking said:

100% correct Elitist. His horses just didn't know when to lie down. How many times did his runners get headed sometimes Cleary onto to fight back and win

I remember seeing one of his in the mounting yarf that wore the famous cerise and white colours of Bob Peters.... eyes popping outta its head, me and the boys looked at eachother, gave the nod and went and bet whatever we had on it. Won easily. Was plenty of that going on for a period there- virtually impossible to beat

PC likes this post.

• PCPC    2,190 posts
    And to think the runner-up in this Cox Stakes went on to much much bigger and better things. That's the beauty about racing...you just never know
  • loose_gooseloose_goose    2,069 posts

Not familiar with that horse, great name though! Love a JD and dry.

I see Dmac was still a bit iffy on the 3rd placegetter that day too 8-X

Nothing changes if you don't take things on board & that applies to my work in farming too. Going to be a tough year with Tarriff's  :-??