G'day Punter!

In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 35 Non Members

Belmont 10/6/20

West Australian Racing
R1- BIG MAN IN THE SKY comes to this through the same race most of this field contested last start. He was much better than his rivals on that occasion and expect him to improve further considering he was first up no trial when working to cross from an outside gate. Draws softer here and should get favourite backers off to a good start.

R2- BETTER IN KIT has been trialling like a horse that will win races. Has been improving with every outing jumping cleanly in her most recent where she was able to hold out Bragwell who was a debut second last weekend. They spaced third and ran good time. From barrier two should be looking for the top and will be hard to beat if she can find it.

R3- ENDOVANERA was an impressive maiden winner last campaign before contesting strong 3yo races. Bumping into horses like Holy Ghost and Indian Pacific and there’s isn’t any quality like that here. Trialled nicely without the race day winkers and can sit wherever Kennedy wants as there looks to be solid early speed.

R4- WANNA BE GOOD is a hard horse to follow but this looks a nice option for him. On the four day spin from a nice performance Saturday against 66+ opposition and gets the double sided blinkers. They should go fast in this which plays to his strengths and he his only local win was on a four day backup.

R5- Best Bet: REWRITE THE STARS was very impressive at her first start in three months when finishing close up behind Showmanship. He’s since franked that form and provided they’ve got her obvious issues under control she’ll be very hard to beat as she’s got ability. Likely finds the leaders back and the cutaway means she shouldn’t be pocketed on straightening.

R6- Very open class one for the stayers and with little confidence siding with AMERICAN SOUL eachway. Does need another scratching to find his way into the field but his last run was very good when wide throughout and making a sweeping run when hitting the line strongly for fourth. Two other runs this campaign have been ordinary but in a very weak field happy to take him off the one run.

R7- KENDEL’S MEE DAD is another horse that has been transformed since joining Roy Rogers in Albany. Won three races in a line in Albany before a solid performance on a Saturday when three wide, no cover throughout. This is an easier assignment and he should get an easier run in transit to help him out.

R8- PERCEPTIVE MISS was a good run from back in the field last start and looks a lovely eachway chance in another open race. Was a better run than what it reads on paper first up when running into a dead end as she started to build momentum two back and is getting better with every run. With even luck should be in the finish.
+1 -1

TheDiva likes this post.

Comments

• thefalconthefalcon    19,949 posts
    another in depth analysis, train..well done, hope there are a few winners in there... :-bd
  • TheDivaTheDiva    13,246 posts
    Kendels Mee Dad was 3 and 4 wide from barrier 4 last start. Where does he get from barrier 5 this week?  :-??
  • ElitistElitist    365 posts
    Agree with you on five of them Train. Toot Toot!
  • ThunderstruckThunderstruck    7,676 posts
    R2 King Lucifer is 30 days off of a really nice trial, unsure why this much gap to race day but will trust that he is 100% for the debut tilt, should get a good run from my mate Stevie.

R6 Night Session should have cracked her maiden win last start when planted the trip she fought on hard only going down narrowly, has drawn stickier this time which isn't great have to hope Pont can get cover this time or go back.

R7 Shoes Of Ekraar will appreciate getting back onto a good track he doesn't like soft going and is better than the last run indicates.I dont mind the young lass on from a good draw however she probably doesnt punch them out hard in a tight finish, I can only assume the trainer is trying to gain an advantage as the horse is up in grade so the 53.5kg impost appeals... here's hoping this blueprint proves successful.
    Buyer beware though so I have made a mental note to not critique too much if it gets "semi-butchered" :D
    edited June 2020
    TheDiva said:

Kendels Mee Dad was 3 and 4 wide from barrier 4 last start. Where does he get from barrier 5 this week?  :-??

Scarily it could be a solid 4 wide the trip this time :D

Funny you mention that because in R8 Cable Guy goes around again, I reckon CJP nearly usurped the Kendels ride..from barrier 3 got planted 3 wide the trip..was a mess.At least it actually has a wide gate as an excuse tomorrow, very interesting to see how the in form Yuill steers him around :-?

thefalcon likes this post.

• hashhash    7,495 posts
    not a tip as it's a tough race (that tough i've backed 3 horses already) but I think Firesale is a big risk at $3.10.. distance a huge query its only run over 1650 (never been further) it finished 10L 5th but was hitting the line ok

Pike factor sees this horse start ridiculously short with plenty of value to be found
    will wait to see how the track is playing as that definitely will determine who I have on top, if its favouring leaders by race 7 there's two I wanna be on and their saddlecloth numbers are in numerical order for anyone interested 
    ;)
  • paraleticparaletic    3,750 posts
    TheDiva said:

water skiing in the swan? =))
  • H-BOMBERH-BOMBER    10,235 posts
    Blue Horse. It's ready.
  • psychopsycho    652 posts
    P Harvey punches another one out all the way to the 50m mark  =D>

Rodent, detonator, JimmyPop likes this post.

• bradybrady    1,452 posts
    My thoughts for today

R3:  Endovanera
           Bank on  It
    R5: Fair justice
    R8: Bartrader

• TiversTivers    7,720 posts
    Anyone got the Perth Racing At Home stream to work today ?
    Just black screen for me.
  • TiversTivers    7,720 posts
    Got it going eventually
  • WhatisthepointWhatisthepoint    181 posts
    Want see replay gee what was paul doing on want to be good gave it zero.
  • hashhash    7,495 posts
    <:-P The only thing burning after race 7 is my pockets :)>-

TheDiva likes this post.

• TheDivaTheDiva    13,246 posts
    she's a whacker burning magic... Chloe rode her perfectly this week! 

Rodent likes this post.

edited June 2020
    BANG BANG :x
  • WhatisthepointWhatisthepoint    181 posts

Want see replay gee what was paul doing on want to be good gave it zero.

Home 32.63  every hope just has to be ridden like that i guess.

Thunderstruck, thefalcon likes this post.