GP-12/6 2yo Pearl Classic Final

Harness & Greyhounds
Race 1-   Master Publisher,  Boom Time,  Cyclone Banner,  Alta Rhett
Race 2-   Henwood Bay,  Tuas Delight,  McArdles Gem,  Athabascan
Race 3-   Robbie Easton,  Pierre Whitby,  Naval Aviator,  The Dali Express
Race 4-   Bettor Be Oscar,  Livura,  Mr Kiwi,  Parisian Partygirl
Race 5-   Jett Star,  Lavra Joe,  Pinny Tiger,  Give Us A Wave
Race 6-   The Stars Above,  Aristocratic Star,  Longreach Bay,  Miracle Max
Race 7-   Star FromThePalace,  Fifty Five Reborn,  Advance Your Dream,  Star Of The Class
Race 8-   The Bird Dance,  Bletchley Park,  Mister Bushido,  Talkerup
Race 9-   Sweet Maddison,  Mandy Joan,  Divinia Bellezza,  My Prayer
Race 10- Tokyo Joe,  Lord Liam,  Rock Tonight,  Gap Year
+1 -1

cisco likes this post.

Comments

• MarkovinaMarkovina    2,889 posts
    Ive had a small E/W bet - race 2 Madame Meiland @ $34

I actually backed it last week @ $101 - and i think it could nearly won - ACL went 4 back the pegs - if he stayed in the running line he would have got Parisan Partygirls spot - 1 by 2 . And i think MM is a better horse than PP - and PP only failed   by a half head 

Tonight it has got a terrible gate - 6 - however this field tonight is i think  the weakest field its been in since it moved from over  east to WA 
  • 2lifetimewinners2lifetimewinners    508 posts
    Ill take some of the $34 on Give Us A Wave in the Pearl.
    With the history in the last 12 months of R Warwick and his selection in feature finals.  Ill Take DEG.

PackedMetalPanda likes this post.

• jumjum    3,512 posts

Race 2. Pradas Ideal Darling

I don't throw many up, has been going ordinary. But tonight is the night

• Ivorytrunkey86Ivorytrunkey86    204 posts
    Better be lively I’ve had a nibble on,mind you I haven’t backed a winner since spoilt brat at Kalgoorlie.
  • JayJayJayJay    7,628 posts
    Hmmm, seeing the tips for Madame and Prahdas (after I had invested) got me nervous. Not to worry, I was on old fave Q Town.....and....it ran 4th :((

At least the trusty faded old ford mobile is not "malfunctioning tonight. Ive got a spare old Zephyr Ute with a couple of hinged rusty gates and a ball of binder twine which they can borrow for free if needs be. Also, dusting off my old polaroid camera to send up in case the photo finish gear "malfunctions" as it did on Tuesday night. What's that you say, no photo finish pics posted after the first two races???? Oh no, I'll chuck in the old Instamatic as well. Seriously, it ain't a great look is it? Hope there are no close ones tonight.

VillageKid likes this post.

• VillageKidVillageKid    2,275 posts
    There must be an issue at Northam as well with Race 1 originally slated for 6.09 being put back a number of times?
    Fingers crossed that meeting can go ahead there tonight.
    Track lighting issues at Northam. Indefinite delay according to twitter feed.

• MarkovinaMarkovina    2,889 posts
    Whats happened to Chariots and his 1st 4 tips 

Whats he retired hurt - you know the fuel gauge is reading E for empty - ha
    Late mail, photo finish is working, pics now posted. Good to see.

• ChariotsonfireChariotsonfire    2,829 posts
    "Narkovina" you have convinced me that after over 40 years of doing form, betting markets, bookmaking, tipping, punting and making a living out of WA trots it is high time for me to surrender my tipping licence and fade into the sunset.

Hopefully I can continue to punt successfully for a few more years before the brain surrenders.

At least I go out on a winning note from last week.

JayJay, VillageKid likes this post.

• sonnysonny    1,054 posts
    Hey Chariots , Don't fade away .. As Neil Young sang ; Better to burn out than to fade away...

Chariotsonfire, VillageKid likes this post.

edited June 2020
    I trust we will still here from you going forward...."Rosco's Roughie" each week?. Keep the home fores burning, there ain't many of us left lol.

Was it you that got all the alleged $18 Lavra Joe that was supposedly on offer earlier this week :))?

Chariotsonfire, VillageKid, Gilgamesh likes this post.

• ChariotsonfireChariotsonfire    2,829 posts
    I will still be around JayJay just not tipping.

You can rest assured that I will not post after the race what great value that winner or placed horse was.

I will leave that to the sycophants and aftertimers that abound on Twitter.

JayJay, VillageKid, jum likes this post.

edited June 2020
    Gosh, that was an exceptional effort and drive Jett Star, goes like a really good horse and how good the drive?  Old Bettors Delight just keeps on keeping on as a sire, remarkable influence.....and from probably the preferred cross nowadays via a Falcon Seelster mare, Adios still influencing. If you go back through Jett Stars pedigree, old timers may recognise the stallion Conquistador that the Hodgsons had many, many moons ago. Sire of Imacon, Joe Millers Blue Rebel (Bunbury Cup) and Howard Cleggett's grand horse Salerno. Soft spot for Salerno, backed him at $38 bucks one night listening to the radio around the kitchen table at Northam back in the 70s. Never forgotten that lol.

Northam called off, lighting issues could not be resolved.

• squid69squid69    1,434 posts
    Just an observation on that last race, Keptain Courageous seems to get off the pegs a little easily just after the bell. I’d like to have a look at stewards film.
    I was on Miracle Max and he wasn’t suited racing back on the pegs, he needs plenty of clear air. His last 100m was his best, I won’t be dropping off him.

JayJay likes this post.

He tries hard does Max, doesn't know how to sprint yet but will be a pretty good horse when he matures, learning his craft.  I was also on but only the place, barrier 12 didn't help. Goes okay.

squid69 likes this post.

• Cant_RefuseCant_Refuse    198 posts
    squid69 said:

Just an observation on that last race, Keptain Courageous seems to get off the pegs a little easily just after the bell. I’d like to have a look at stewards film.

I was on Miracle Max and he wasn’t suited racing back on the pegs, he needs plenty of clear air. His last 100m was his best, I won’t be dropping off him.

The kids horse was under a lot of pressure and it doesn’t take much to give one a shunt when it’s travelling that badly

squid69 likes this post.

• squid69squid69    1,434 posts

squid69 said:

The kids horse was under a lot of pressure and it doesn’t take much to give one a shunt when it’s travelling that badly
    Fair call, it was a roughie and looked like it might have wobbled under pressure.

Cant_Refuse likes this post.

• 2lifetimewinners2lifetimewinners    508 posts

Better be lively I’ve had a nibble on,mind you I haven’t backed a winner since spoilt brat at Kalgoorlie.

Fair horse thatt Spoilt Brat. Won 2 races with an absolute retard driving it.

Ivorytrunkey86 likes this post.

• Ivorytrunkey86Ivorytrunkey86    204 posts
    Trainer was a battler to,just ask him.
  • BlacksAFakeBlacksAFake    2,372 posts
    Might be most annoying caller going around R Bell,stop tipping in the run,rarely right X_X

Gilgamesh, jum, AbbysAce likes this post.