G'day Punter!

In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 34 Non Members

Belmont 24/6/20

West Australian Racing
R1- CONTINUANCE was good on debut when second behind Born To Rule who looks to have ability. Found traffic in the straight but looked professional in the way he took the gaps when they opened up and will only be better for the experience. May want a little further than the 1000 but the wet track might make it feel a bit further. Expect him to find a spot somewhere midfield with cover and if he can avoid traffic will go close.

R2- HOLYOAKE has been trialling nice enough to show something on debut. Didn’t look to be pushed right out in the last trial when winning in much faster time than MYSTICAL VIEW. Trials that day were on soft ground so expect her to get through the going and although drawn wide, the outside fence may be the place to be with the rail at 21m.

R3- ELITE STREET didn’t flatter as a $1.4 favourite last start but was first up, no trial at 1200 on a very wet track. This is weaker than his first up assignment and on his debut run behind we’ve got dreams, Mia dolce and levitate he should put these away very easily. Suited second up, back to 1000 from the soft draw and he has a touch of class about him.

R4- PLATINUM BULLET drops back from Saturday grade to a class three and it looks good placement. Last time she contested a class three she demolished them. Coming back to 1000m is small query but the blinkers go on to sharpen her up which is a positive. Could settle last in a race where they’ll run hard but she has a powerful turn of foot that can get her over the line in this.

R5- CHANTREA was very impressive first up when winning off a tempo that would take most horses out of contention. Up to 1700 second up looks very suitable for her and looked to get through the wet in her recent trial. They should go faster early in this with ginger flyer and Irritable Rodnee engaged which boosts her chances and with a cutaway in play barrier one shouldn’t be an issue.

R6- PETTICOAT JUNCTION would win this with her eye closed at her best but her best and worst are worlds apart. Missed the start badly last start before enduring a horror run throughout but expect her to rebound hard on the seven day backup which all the Warwick camp seem to appreciate. Faithfull off is some concern as she has a good relationship with the horse but Yuill is riding really well at the moment.

R7- AMERISSA has put in two good runs this time in and gets in a little under the radar here. Came from last to finish midfield first up in a race dominated from the front before another midfield finish last week in higher grade. Like the seven day backup and despite dropping in grade still gets in on the minimum. They should roll along in this and if she can find some cover in running can run a race at an eachway price.

R8- MONTELENA is a classy filly who has contested almost exclusively stronger races than this throughout her career. Has been very competitive in 3yo features since winning as a debut 2yo and she appears to run her best races fresh. First up no trial is a little bit of a question mark but draws to do no work and can take the cutaway to avoid traffic and expect her class to take her a long way.

R9- REWRITE THE STARS has finished close up behind some good names in two starts this campaign. Those being Showmanship and Bright Diamond who would be very short in a class one like this. She has some issues but the wet track helps and she’s been able to string two good runs together. Should roll forward from the gate to sit in the first few and that’s where she likes it.

R10- Best Bet: FLOWER OF SCOTLAND has been a completely different horse since the blinkers have come off. Is 2/2 this prep when winning with authority and running really good time in doing so. Likes to do her own thing in running and all Madi has to do is keep her happy and out of trouble. Small query back to 1000 but at Belmont the course should play to her strengths. Only has to reproduce the last two runs to be right in this.

Comments

• GoddGodd    199 posts
    I’m Looking for value!

R1-1ew
    R2-2 ew
    R3-5 ew
    R4-3win 4 2nd
    R5-2
    R6-6
    R7-4
    R8-9&10 ew
    R9-8 ew
    R10-7-8ew

Thepluckygambler likes this post.

• VicbitterVicbitter    30 posts
    Think train is a big asset on this site and makes a big effort - talks a lot more sense and offers a lot more than some of “the rest”( that think THEY DO)

Flanders, thefalcon likes this post.

• hashhash    7,495 posts
    edited June 2020
    And how many of your 21 posts have made sense or offered more than some of the rest on here @Vicbitter

goose likes this post.

• ThepluckygamblerThepluckygambler    66 posts
    Only one horse really sticks out as being overpriced tomorrow on what looks like a tough card.

Race 7 Amerissa $12

The mare formerly trained by Tony McEvoy has had 2 starts back from a spell and although both runs on paper look underwhelming she closed off nicely in both runs.There looks to be enough pace on here and she will appreciate the dryer surface. All her best runs have been on good tracks.

• ThunderstruckThunderstruck    7,676 posts
    edited June 2020
    With you guys in R7 It's a decent chance of a minor upset Amerissa.There are a few leaders in that race they could overdo it and whilst I don't mind Marxian the mare mentioned and even Almaster are a hope of saluting.

R1 I think Januara can win this first up, unlucky to still be a maiden and raced in top company in her debut prep.Resumes again off just the 400m trial but I'm betting she is ready.

R4 Platinum Bullet has the ability but has been a bit average since the 2nd up win and whilst down in grade i can't back her even with blinkers on, too short.Ziebell hasn't been too tractable either in two runs back but as they learned last time out this horse needs to lead and roll.I'm betting he can do that today and take some catching.

Agree with Train Chantrea just wins, would rather take 1.95 about her than the fav in race 4.

Two small spec bets in R9, Jevelation could sneak into the money down on the minimum and Dusty Park who on paper looks to have little to no hope, maybe takes a sit today and might run a race is trained by the right bloke for a jag run.

If in front by R10 whilst i can't argue that Flower Of Scotland is flying I think at 10s or better Nobelium is worth an e.w punt.
    Is 2/4 first up and a track and trip winner, the sticky gate issue will improve a bit with the scratchings..c'mon CJP fire up!

• ChrisChris    5,218 posts
    Have posted Train's tips to the homepage
  • TheDivaTheDiva    13,246 posts
    Regardless of whether he tips winners or not, I like the way he justifies his tips with commentary.  =D>

Rodent, thefalcon, jum likes this post.

• Dodgey94Dodgey94    125 posts
    I’ll wait until tomorrow one big each way bet and that will do me ???? #rosie

hash dislikes this post.

• H-BOMBERH-BOMBER    10,235 posts
    Peters/Pike, they just are too good haha
  • RodentRodent    7,024 posts
    H-BOMBER said:

Peters/Pike, they just are too good haha

Peters/Pike/Williams

H-BOMBER, thefalcon likes this post.

Pike at his peak there on Platinum Bullet. Nobody else gets that home, except maybe the Pontiff B-)

Thunderstruck, JimmyPop likes this post.

• spinkingspinking    3,737 posts
    any chance Pikey wins the jockey challenge today
    Abeldane $17 to $8.50 with the 51kg here.... lets see how far in front he gets. 

Thepluckygambler, JimmyPop likes this post.

Great ride  =D>

$6.40 on the tote! 

Gilgamesh likes this post.

• ThunderstruckThunderstruck    7,676 posts
    She "pantsed" a certain senior jockey who was back with the capcatchers....lol
    I wish more one paced horses were ridden correctly (like that one was). The issue with chasing a one batter with a horse that likes to sit and sprint, is that you ruin your chances by doing so. 
    Thats why its so important for the one batter to be ridden correctly (bowling along at a generous clip), because it removes most of your opposition by doing so. 

Many of Arthur mortimers horses are ridden that way, most notable was Kirov Boy... but there have been a few over the years. 

Gilgamesh, thefalcon likes this post.

• GilgameshGilgamesh    4,718 posts
    Austin Galati or Danny Miller Jnr????
    compared to the ride on Im A Love Man, who not only destroyed its own chances, but Marxian and Twenty Three Red at the same time!  :-?

oldhendo, Gilgamesh likes this post.

• WhatisthepointWhatisthepoint    181 posts
    Some interesting rides in that race going at fav up on speed  interesting to see it was out gate late also mmmmm.

goose likes this post.

• goosegoose    1,628 posts
    He tried it again in that race and destroyed all their chances why Derrick didnt drop out of it earlier and give her mount some hope would have been nice. Not suggesting anything untoward just a very ordinary ride.

oldhendo likes this post.

You know the kid would have been told to go forward with the 50kg and run them along. Im A Love Man had no early dash and he was at it from the word go. They're 4kg claimers for a reason.. and usually dont have a plan B... so he stuck to the plan and kept going forward. Id be very surprised if they were not the instructions. 
  • goosegoose    1,628 posts
    edited June 2020
    Yes of course but she could have backed off anyway yes they are claimers for a reason and I also thought trainers are blameless.
    Dodgey94 said:

I’ll wait until tomorrow one big each way bet and that will do me ???? #rosie

A non winner who takes some riding with a 4kg claimer from an inside barrier ? Gutsy tip.

JimmyPop likes this post.

• JimmyPopJimmyPop    316 posts
    Street Fair ???
    JimmyPop said:

Street Fair ???

Mitch was stiff. The gap closed as soon as he looked at it. Was travelling big time and if the gap doesn’t close probably gets the job done.

• ChrisChris    5,218 posts
    5 winners for @Train - choo f***king choo!
  • hashhash    7,495 posts
    5 favs blind Freddy could have picked...

thefalcon dislikes this post.

• detonatordetonator    4,360 posts
    Had one bet today which was R9 Rewrite the Stars. Had the radio turned down low as I was at work.
    Just about to bang my fist into my computer keyboard in disgust then all of a sudden I won.

:-O

Ngawyni, JimmyPop likes this post.

Flower of Scotland was extremely satisfying..... in the end.

At the 600 I was cursing.

At the 400 I had hands in head

At the 200 I was whipping

The great game. The Kramer video comes to mind.

She was backed late too.

Thepluckygambler, thefalcon likes this post.

And @Godd got more than a few roughies home for a place above

Thepluckygambler, Godd likes this post.