G'day Punter!

In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 12 Non Members

Belmont 27/6/20.

West Australian Racing
Suit up it's on again Covid dodgers, looks like a soft 5 or 6 track based upon a forecast of about 5 mils of rain overnight..Rail out 2m.

Race 1) Colin Webster can continue his high recent strike rate with his 2 y.o's, Billy Ain't Silly looks ready to rock and roll tomorrow.Trial was good and I will be betting he can beat his much more experienced half sister.

Race 3) Position Of Power hard to beat for the Pontiff, looks ready now stepping up to 1400m.

The Strickland, Can someone steer me away from getting on the Perfect Jewel train? I Doubt it! I see Carbs just biding his time 3 or 4 pairs back and gathering them up again and the smaller field suits her even better to do so imo.
Trip won't be a problem she is clearly lowflying and a mare in winning form is worth two in the bush or....something more witty :D

Race 9) Interested to see how the kid Laqdar Ramoly goes on Picture Perfect(would not hurt one bit to ride this stables horses well when you get the chance young fella).
This looks a more suitable race for him and the claim might be helpful if the ride is well executed, looks a good chance at odds I reckon.
Also going to be watching La Bionda and Celtic Diva with interest although they look to be a bit out of their depth.
+1 -1

Thepluckygambler likes this post.

Comments

• TrainTrain    186 posts
    R1- BILLY AIN’T SILLY comes to races off the back of two quality trials. Won both of those dominantly and in good time and looks like a lovely type. Jerry Noske has ridden him in both his trials and stays on for race day which can be important for the 2yos. Has looked a clean beginner so expect him to sit in the first half of the field which suits.

R2- MAD BRAD looks a very good place chance here in a race that is very even minus the favourite. Was good enough first up in higher grade when coming to the outside on a real rails day when hitting the line okay. Could settle last from the wide gate but up to 1300 and a small field are big positives for his chances here. SUPERSTORM does look incredibly hard to beat but is too short to get involved in.

R3- ZEPHYR QUEEN did the work last start outside the leader and boxed on well. Should find the fence and the front here in a race without a great deal of early speed and that’s how she likes it. Likes it wet and 21 days between runs is a positive as she seems to have a few niggles. Yet to put in a bad run this campaign and don’t expect that to change here.

R4- Best Bet: PUCKAPUNYAL did all the work first up when giving BRIGHT DIAMOND a cart into the race and narrowly beaten. Meets that filly again here but with a few things in her favour expect her to be very hard to beat. Second up 1400 looks ideal for her and in a race lacking a natural leader think she can roll forward and take up the running. From there she can be a few lengths clear of her market dangers and they’ll have to stretch their necks to catch her.

R5- PERFECT JEWEL got under the guard of most when winning the last two winter features. This race looks more suitable again for her as she has really savaged the line all three runs this time in. May be forced to settle last but she is unbeaten at Belmont, loves the sting out of the ground and looks capable of getting past just eight runners in this. Is a deserved favourite despite pike sticking with MISSISSIPPI DELTA.

R6- COSTA DEL SANTO is in a purple patch of form at the moment and this looks another nice race for him. Chased hard behind a promising horse in Serenity Bay last start when coming from an unwinnable position. Like him back up to the mile after his win at the trip two back and only needs to reproduce any of the last four runs to be ultra competitive. Likely settles near last from the gate but if he finds cover he’s got a turn of foot that can get him out of trouble.

R7- NIGHT VOYAGE loves to find ways to get beat in his races but looks ready to win one. Has been enormous at both starts this prep when getting into all sorts of trouble after settling a long way back from wide gates. Draws a gate to sit a bit closer here and the week backup can be a big help to horses that find it hard to win. ESSENTIAL SPICE has a bit of class about her but is first up of an average trial and NV looks good eachway value.

R8- SILKINIZE is unbeaten first up and looks a horse that will appreciate Belmont. Put in some super runs against quality 3yos when last in work and if he brings that form to the races first up he’ll be awfully hard to beat. Trialled really nice without the visors at the start of the month of like the time between trial and first up run. Goes better buried away back in the field and with the speed in this expect he’ll be able to sit back and have the last crack.

R9- BARAMAGIC needs room in his races so generally barrier one isn’t ideal but with the speed in this it may not be such a problem. Beaucount and Fathoms Of Gold engaged could see this field string right out which will allow BARAMAGIC to show his best as he is quite one paced. Won well two back when allowed to wind up from a long way out and if he was able to get a similar run in this he’s more than capable of winning the weekly raffle.
  • ThunderstruckThunderstruck    7,676 posts
    There is one there in particular I'm hoping your spot on with Train my friend ;)
  • ThepluckygamblerThepluckygambler    66 posts
    Race 3 Zephyr Queen $2.70

I don’t usually tip them this short but I’ve got her priced around $1.60. There’s not a huge amount of speed in this race and she should be able to sit up there at her leisure. Chloe just needs to push the go button around the turn and she should gap them. Position of power shouldn’t be anywhere near the price of the fav. She just wins.

Race 6 Sentimental Gift $9

She’s a class act this mare and after 3 trials she should be ready to produce first up. She ticks a lot of boxes here with the weight relief, barrier and being by Al Maher will love the cut out of the ground. She’s never ran a bad race in her career and although there’s some talent here they’re not world beaters.

Race 9 Kia Ora Star $10

He’s always been a bit of a non winner this bloke but he seems to be thriving this time in and even his bad performance 2 starts ago was acceptable after he and Saxon saxoff clapped on the speed. The sting out of the ground again is a big plus and the in form Kyra Yuill should be able to box seat from 6 and I think he just needs to repeat his last run and that will be good enough.

In the Strickland I think The real Mississippi Delta will trounce them over the 2000m.

• GoddGodd    199 posts
    I’ll look for some value again.

R1-1ew
    R2-4p
    R3-11 p
    R4-2w
    R5-4w
    R6-8w 1-7p
    R7-4 ew
    R8-2ew* 11p
    R9-1ew
  • The_BullThe_Bull    918 posts
    Sentimental Gift is a very smart horse. I'm sure you'll be hearing its name come Perth Cup time. First up is a concern, but 2 x 1450 trial wins unextended will do me. $9.50 / $3.
  • H-BOMBERH-BOMBER    10,235 posts
    Skinnen Tins be a good each way bet at 8.50+. It will get mine tomorrow
  • SLIPPERGOLDENSLIPPERGOLDEN    7,741 posts
    edited June 2020
    R8 Rebel Yell.  Winner track & distance. Second up record very good.  Placed 50% of starts. Down in class. Out to $34 and way overs. Why? Track conditions? 

If it copes with track conditions it is an each way special for me.
  • hashhash    7,495 posts

There is one there in particular I'm hoping your spot on with Train my friend ;)

Costa? blind freddy made it hid best bet yesterday talking to the ice cream man 
  • thefalconthefalcon    19,949 posts
    slipper, the reason he is $34 is because of that horse # 8 in the cerise and white.
    i get the WA page and cross out all the above silks and do not even consider a bet in those races. i know they cannot all win but which ones will?
    the c&w are going to get more exposure..did you see Bobs 2 2yos on wednesday? never been a 2yo man but with these beautifully bred babies i think the karrakatta may be on his agenda..or maybe even a golden slipper....watch this space...
    edited June 2020
    Falcon I normally ignore races with the cerise and white but hey they can't win them all...Just most of them.... Probably a good reason not to ignore them but back them.
    btw, i cannot weed out a winner tomorrow.....i need a few bucks, had a prang in a loan car from the star shop..$750 excess plus another $750 excess for the third party i hit. happened at that s*it of an intersection, green st into scarb. bch rd. nobody hurt which is the main thing.
    plus the service cost $1062...
  • LETSDOTHISLETSDOTHIS    298 posts
    Bobs 2 year olds will be 3 by the time the golden slipper and Karrakatta come around.
  • NevershowsurpriseNevershowsurprise    995 posts
    thefalcon said:

btw, i cannot weed out a winner tomorrow.....i need a few bucks, had a prang in a loan car from the star shop..$750 excess plus another $750 excess for the third party i hit. happened at that s*it of an intersection, green st into scarb. bch rd. nobody hurt which is the main thing.

plus the service cost $1062...
    Time to hand the licence in?

Thunderstruck likes this post.

^ :)) beat me to it.
    So much for my planned plunge on Rebel Yell  :D
  • ElitistElitist    365 posts
    Does Puckapunyal go forward today, and if so do we get a change of tactics notification pre race?

JimmyPop likes this post.

• GrayGray    4,090 posts
    I recall Bob saying Mississippi Delta after 1st run back saying needed the distance to see best and I would suspect we will today 

Thepluckygambler likes this post.

• RodentRodent    7,024 posts
    Congrats to anyone who found the first winner  @-)
     How????
  • GilgameshGilgamesh    4,716 posts
    I think Firemaker can track the fav in running and give it one hell of a fright.

Gilgamesh dislikes this post.

• GilgameshGilgamesh    4,716 posts
    Or not
  • ChrisChris    5,218 posts
    Effortless Windstorm
    Everest worthy???
  • Precision1Precision1    544 posts
    Surely she stays and wins the Railway, will get in on the minimum and they already have 3 others going over east to compete.  If she goes I cant see Bob having a live chance in the railway unless Perfect Jewel stays on
    fair go...its winter racing....his grand dam is by metal storm...great mudlarks.

anyway the cerise and white have 1 on the board and another 8..yep, 8 live chances.
  • ChrisChris    5,218 posts
    Heard Bob say the blinkers will take it to another level

Gray likes this post.

I don't think it is, that was the overhype after it's last win..
    Piercing down right now at balmy Belmont? Track downgrade likely I presume.
  • TiversTivers    7,720 posts
    Grain of salt - second horse is a rising 9yo with bad feet, giving him 4.5kg head start

Thunderstruck, Gilgamesh likes this post.

Go PONTY you good thing :x , knew the leader would get a stitch.

JimmyPop likes this post.

• TheDivaTheDiva    13,246 posts
    Tivers said:

Grain of salt - second horse is a rising 9yo with bad feet, giving him 4.5kg head start

That win was worthy of 8 ratings points surely

[-O<