G'day Punter!

In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 11 Non Members
R1- MR DELEGATOR disappointed as a short priced favourite last start but did have excuses. Was first up, no trial when leading against the rail on a day where the rail was right off and was good enough in the circumstances. Prior to that was very impressive on debut when finishing between Cliffs Of Comfort and Karijini Aurora in a high rating maiden. Looks a race he’s capable of leading and only needs to reproduce the debut run to go close.

R2- ISOPODA has been coming along nicely in two starts this campaign. Was first up 1400 when being forced to sustain a wide run around the field which is a big ask before bumping into a smart one in Reign Of Fire and wasn’t disgraced. Gets back up to 1400, draws a gate to sit midfield and gets the blinkers on which are all big positives. He doesn’t possess a killer turn of foot but if he can roll into the race he can run a big one.

R3- Best Bet: PARIS REPORT returns to the races without having trialled but looks to have a class edge on her rivals here. Won first up last campaign, doing it softly and followed that up with a midweek victory in similar fashion. Draws a gate to sit on the speed or just behind it depending on how fast they want to go and just needs even luck to show her best against an average field.

R4- AVALON BAY has been able to string two impressive victory’s together and there’s no reason he can’t continue to go through the grades. Won with authority two back when sitting just behind the speed before sustaining a run from last and digging deep to win last start. Likely has to produce another big run to win from barrier eleven but is taking everything in his stride at the minute and this field is no harder than his last two.

R5- ABERDEEN QUEEN is coming out far stronger races than what she faces here. Beat Levitate at 1200 which is a big effort before a midfield finish on a Saturday where nothing made ground all day. Now finds herself in a class three at the mile which is the trip she’s been looking for. Draws a soft gate to sit wherever she’s comfortable with some cover and be too classy at the finish.

R6- EXCELLENT DREAM won very impressively first up last time in before some handy runs around the money. 1000 looks to be his go as he is only a small horse and while the wide gate makes things tricky he looks a class above his rivals. There is a lot of pace in this race which could see him planted three deep but if Corver was able to find some cover in the run he can be right in the finish.

R7- ARTIE’S JEWELS does need a scratching to gain a run but if he gets in he’ll give this a shake. Has been an eye catcher in two runs this prep and looks ready to win a race down slightly in grade. First up came from near last on a leaders day before ducking and diving for runs when just off Speedy Miss who has come out and won since. Could get a long way back from the outside gate but that’s where he likes to be.

R8- THREE SECRETS does find it hard to win races but was good first up in Saturday grade. That race has produced some handy subsequent performances and he did it tough out three wide. Goes good second up, likes wet tracks and likes Belmont which it gets here and with natural improvement looks a good chance in an open race. Looks capable of using barrier seven to sit a bit closer than he did first up and with any luck should find a nice run midfield with cover.
+1 -1

Thepluckygambler likes this post.

Comments

• ThepluckygamblerThepluckygambler    66 posts
    Race 2 Holy Enchantment $15

He’s going to love the sharp distance rise this bloke. Straight up to 1400m and I don’t think the wet track will bother him. Finished second last at his only start but he was really only having a look around the way it panned out for him. He looked like he needed the look around and Harvey put the cue in the rack at about the 150m. I think there’ll be some money around for this bloke tomorrow.

Race 3 Saturday Sun $5

I’m going against train here because I think this is the bet of the day. Forget he went around last start and with the drop back in distance , Harvey back on and quite a few of these drawn out wide to put a bit of pressure on I think he sits back and puts pay to them here.

Race 4 Bombay Style $10

Tipped this bloke last week and once again had a real average run in transit sitting out in the cheap seats. I’m convinced he’s much better then his record suggests and I definitely think the track will play in his favour tomorrow. If Parnham can slot him in 3 pairs back I think he can definitely win this race. I’m expecting to see the best of him tomorrow.

Race 8 One Short $12

Bad barriers , bad rides and unsuitable races. You only have to look through his video replays to see he’s been given zero chance a couple of times previous to the harder race behind showmanship last start. He’s got the nice barrier tomorrow and his right distance and I think he can go very close at decent odds

Thunderstruck, H-BOMBER likes this post.

• ThunderstruckThunderstruck    7,676 posts
    edited June 2020
    Bugger me I seriously like both your early tips too Plucky..even pressed the like button multiple times :D
    Cant add much more but R2 Holy Enchantment from what I can gather has subsequently been gelded too and in R3 yes the return to Harvey is a big tick he gets the last crack at them as per his maiden win 2 starts ago.I just think Paris Report 1200 first up on the soft is a risk..Tabtouch have five horses priced between 4.20 and 5 bucks lol seriously...

R7 Possibly a sticky draw the low gate in maybe a 16 horse field, so Pikey will have to possie up closer on Mirror Moon and hopefully push out and zip on by them in the straight.

R9 Shooter could have ridden One Short but sticks with Three Secrets whom is the galloper I like in the lucky last..his first up run from a terrible gate was terriffic and against some good quality Saturday class gallopers.Looks super hard to beat here with even luck.

Hope we're on the mark early mate ;)

• thefalconthefalcon    19,949 posts
    i like the other one thunder.....woolfie knows more tricks than a dancing bear.
  • H-BOMBERH-BOMBER    10,235 posts
    My offerings

Avalon Bay Win - hard to see how it gets beaten with average luck. $1.85 is holding up

Moderator Place - Nice win last start and finds a couple of good ones here, Pike manges to get the best out of the and with that I think $1.70 place is good

Mirror Moon Each Way - it is short and really only think Forgotten Jewel the danger of wound up first up. Hard to go against Williams Pike

I'll be having

5 units at 4.40
    Avalon Win
    Moderator Place
    Mirror Moon Place

1 unit @ 9.10
    Avalon Win
    Moderator Place
    Mirror Moon Win

Good punting
    Quaddie for me

1-2-3-4-7
    1-2-4-10
    1-2-9
    1-5-6-7-8-10-13-18

$50 = 10.41%
    Ran on resolutely Holy Enchantment, lacks a turn of foot so bring on longer trips than 1400 I say.

Well.done Train..underwhelming Pont's mount, knew I was in deep chit when Showzali was able to hold him in..
    Not often you see Harvey get out muscled, did he get there just a touch early on the favorite?

Good win by Bombay Style and nicely tipped by @Thepluckygambler. Unfortunatley i followed ithe tip last start and not today :-q

Thunderstruck likes this post.

• hashhash    7,495 posts
    thefalcon said:

i like the other one thunder.....woolfie knows more tricks than a dancing bear.

$11 out to $18 and 5 goes on the soft for 1 placing = treat it as a scratching falc ;)

Thunderstruck, thefalcon likes this post.

Ponty was 3 wide tracking a camel into it had to go before it punctured and fell back into his lap i guess...did already have a bit of a task with 60 and a soft 7 this didn't help.
  • therealkramertherealkramer    8,008 posts
    Not sure the ride on Bold Success was a reflection of the market confidence of its chances @-)

Thunderstruck, JimmyPop likes this post.

Baffled at the support for the toppie there, did their money cold on a non winner with an apprentice jockey on and drawn awkwardly in gate 1 :-??
    Same jockey rode it last start and was a lot closer in the run @Thunderstruck

Not sure the ride on Bold Success was a reflection of the market confidence of its chances @-)

Punters with beer goggles on Trk? 8-X
    Not sure about that, but fav was first try at the trip so I could see why you'd take it on. But they didn't wanna back the Pike winner of race 1 either  :-??
    edited July 2020
    She is on the fav in the next and it's being supported also..because it's lead in form is terrific..but is drawn near the Carpark and if she doesn't find the lead this could go pearshaped too...

Fav in the previous stormed home at its 2 x 1400 wins was always going to get 16 and had Noske on..the rest is history for Aberdeen backers.
    I've backed Roses Are Red..the big drifter..sits off the hectic speed and maybe she goes BANG..
    Or maybe not..just a plugging 4th.Fave gets an ok run and franked the lead in form and pissed in.
  • GLAMOURGLAMOUR    677 posts
    Both Lindsay Smith's last 2 have walked in,got to hand it to him team here and over East on fire.

hash likes this post.

How does Mirror Moon drift to 5.50 and then run like a crab while Forgotten Jewel has no money until the last 10 minutes where it is truckloaded in betting and starts at 2.50?

Thunderstruck, hash likes this post.

GLAMOUR said:

Both Lindsay Smith's last 2 have walked in,got to hand it to him team here and over East on fire.

Is there anyone else you’d want your horse with if it raced in Melbourne at the minute #onfire

H-BOMBER, paraletic likes this post.

• GLAMOURGLAMOUR    677 posts
    No after his 3rd of the day,with the chance of the Quaddie, as you put on fire.
    H-BOMBER said:

How does Mirror Moon drift to 5.50 and then run like a crab while Forgotten Jewel has no money until the last 10 minutes where it is truckloaded in betting and starts at 2.50?

Very interesting betting race indeed...b.s if you ask me

H-BOMBER likes this post.

One Short :-O
  • RodentRodent    7,024 posts
    edited July 2020
    H-BOMBER said:

Forgotten Jewel is very smart. Trialled very well without the blinkers on. Huge positives for Forgotten Jewel.
     The knock on Mirror Moon is the very poor field it beat. They ran 1:20.04 for 1300m and the other two 1300m races on the day were C3's run in 1:18.69 and 1:18.76.

• NevershowsurpriseNevershowsurprise    995 posts

Race 2 Holy Enchantment $15

He’s going to love the sharp distance rise this bloke. Straight up to 1400m and I don’t think the wet track will bother him. Finished second last at his only start but he was really only having a look around the way it panned out for him. He looked like he needed the look around and Harvey put the cue in the rack at about the 150m. I think there’ll be some money around for this bloke tomorrow.

Race 3 Saturday Sun $5

I’m going against train here because I think this is the bet of the day. Forget he went around last start and with the drop back in distance , Harvey back on and quite a few of these drawn out wide to put a bit of pressure on I think he sits back and puts pay to them here.

Race 4 Bombay Style $10

Tipped this bloke last week and once again had a real average run in transit sitting out in the cheap seats. I’m convinced he’s much better then his record suggests and I definitely think the track will play in his favour tomorrow. If Parnham can slot him in 3 pairs back I think he can definitely win this race. I’m expecting to see the best of him tomorrow.

Race 8 One Short $12

Bad barriers , bad rides and unsuitable races. You only have to look through his video replays to see he’s been given zero chance a couple of times previous to the harder race behind showmanship last start. He’s got the nice barrier tomorrow and his right distance and I think he can go very close at decent odds

Proving to be a solid tipster Plucky.
    Great stuff

:)>-

Rodent said:

H-BOMBER said:

Forgotten Jewel is very smart. Trialled very well without the blinkers on. Huge positives for Forgotten Jewel.
     The knock on Mirror Moon is the very poor field it beat. They ran 1:20.04 for 1300m and the other two 1300m races on the day were C3's run in 1:18.69 and 1:18.76.

Thanks @Rodent, you always make good sense and a good point. Unfortunately I didn't look that far, that's probably my problem!
  • thefalconthefalcon    19,949 posts
    no wonder i'm driven to drink, hashie.... ~X(