G'day Punter!

In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 40 Non Members
I beat them. 

I knew if I held out long enough and refuse to pay the 5.00 for Sky 2, they would buckle. And they have.
From August 1, Sky 2 will be free for everyone. I am paying160 a month for Platinum, and I refused to pay a cent more for a channel that should have always been free at least for platinum subscribers. ????
+1 -1

VillageKid, SKIDS likes this post.

Comments

• therealkramertherealkramer    8,008 posts
    edited July 2020
    @bookielover How are you still paying $160 a month!?. Threaten to cancel and they'll give you a discount ;) :)]
  • ThunderstruckThunderstruck    7,676 posts
    160? holy mcfudge that sounds exxy...
  • bookieloverbookielover    2,623 posts
    I agree. It’s too much. I’ll be calling them soon to renegotiate. I’ve been to busy with stuff to do it.
  • TiversTivers    7,720 posts
    I've never understood how you had to pay extra for the lesser product, and hence I never have.
    Of course every time I go out of my way to sit down and watch a race it gets bumped to Sky2, so I'm glad that time spent will no longer be in vain.

bookielover likes this post.

They shift races all too easily across to the blue channel and do it in a nasty way-pool size seems to be irrelevant. A point of which I'm sure you've raised in the past @bookielover

Gilgamesh, Sarzi, bookielover likes this post.

• thefalconthefalcon    19,949 posts
    if you are talking about perth races being bumped, maybe getting them to start on time may be the answer. provincials are the main culprits, all they have to do is leave the mounting yard a few minutes earlier.

Thepluckygambler, bookielover likes this post.

It's not just Perth. I'd suggest the international start times are at a guide at best...and Sky would know this by now. Yet they insist on cramming as much 'product' in as possible. It's inevitable that races are shifted across with little or no notice.
    Hence surely in their benefit to have as many people as possible watch both channels.
    Hence why I've never understood the charge..............
  • Precision1Precision1    544 posts
    Great to hear we’ll get sky 2 on our normal package but they definitely bump Perth races too soon.  I’ve seen Belmont/Ascot bumped for Eagle Farm/ Doomben with still 2 and a half minutes to go before they jump.  I have a feeling Qld racing are paying to get the Tony Brassel selections and lead up on sky 1 otherwise why are they going over so early.  Would their be any interest for our racing on Racing.com?  We seem to get zero respect for a product that’s at least on par wIth Qld so worth investigating 
    edited July 2020
    @Tivers You're not cynical enough. How'd that Thoroughbred Village punting strike of a year or two ago turn out? Bookies, TAB, Sky all just assume we're all punt drunks who will never stop and will just bet on the next race so they treat us, their customers, with utter contempt.
  • Buddy123Buddy123    208 posts
    3 minute rule applies..
    Even Darren seems to get a bit upset sometimes..
    Kalgoorlie n Geraldton seem to be worst..
    Gero is a moral - EVERY time I go out of my way to catch a race - bumped !
    Albany not far behind.
  • Buddy123Buddy123    208 posts
    Yep on par with Sha Tin... ha
    Must get more money in the pool, so the longer they wait behind the gates..
  • paraleticparaletic    3,750 posts
    I’m not sure if many of you took note, but I got an email about two months ago saying sky two would be free from that weekend...... only to get a reply about 3 days later saying it’s not going to happen.

I do welcome the change but they have form at backflipping.
    Sky 1 & Sky 2(International races excluded) have been free on Beteasy for account holders for a while tho..

Thunderstruck likes this post.

• tonytony    2,361 posts
    They have been free on most sites kramer eg WATAB Tabcorp and I think there are a few corporates,

edited July 2020
    @tony The last time I tried to sign up for a (NSW)TAB account I had to take forms into a branch & get a reference from someone. Too hard basket. I LOL'd when I saw their guilt tip ads that sound suspiciously Matt Nable(NRL fans will know) is doing the voiceover  [-(
  • ThunderstruckThunderstruck    7,676 posts
    Yep you can watch ALL races on Tabtouch.

TRK I had an issue when opening a Nsw tab a/c too, it is now in limbo or suspended or whatever the terminology was they used, some b.s about only being 67% identified 8-}
    They are the ONLY 1 I have had said problem with.
    I haven't caught any of the ads you speak of but they can jam their far ken account as far as I'm concerned :D
    Matt Nable has featured in some Aussie t.v dramas over the years too, I have found him to be fairly good at the acting caper.

Gilgamesh likes this post.

• GilgameshGilgamesh    4,718 posts

Yep you can watch ALL races on Tabtouch.

TRK I had an issue when opening a Nsw tab a/c too, it is now in limbo or suspended or whatever the terminology was they used, some b.s about only being 67% identified 8-}
    They are the ONLY 1 I have had said problem with.
    I haven't caught any of the ads you speak of but they can jam their far ken account as far as I'm concerned :D
    Matt Nable has featured in some Aussie t.v dramas over the years too, I have found him to be fairly good at the acting caper.

I had the same thing, I used it for about two weeks then they wanted yet another form of ID, sent off the passport but then it went in to lockdown, not verified etc so I gave up

• BobcatBobcat    159 posts
    thefalcon said:

if you are talking about perth races being bumped, maybe getting them to start on time may be the answer. provincials are the main culprits, all they have to do is leave the mounting yard a few minutes earlier.

I’ve watched Ascot get bumped to sky2 for being 30 seconds late while Randwick can run 4 minutes late with no action. 
  • RodentRodent    7,024 posts
    Ascot could be on time and Randwick jump late and Ascot will always get bumped. 

JimmyPop likes this post.

• paraleticparaletic    3,750 posts
    edited July 2020
    It’s even worse with the trots. GP got bumped by being 35 seconds late so a race at some secondary greyhound venue in nsw could have a 3 minute lead up time

VillageKid likes this post.

Well issue now resolved I guess...............
  • GrayGray    4,090 posts
    edited July 2020
    I saw Todd Plain look at his watch at Pinny the other day, that was a 1st haha

oldhendo likes this post.

• ChrisChris    5,218 posts
    $49 for premium @bookielover
  • bookieloverbookielover    2,623 posts
    I note that now channel 526 is free, so far not one race on Sky 1 has been flicked across. If ever one was going to be, the first at belmont would have been it.
    Ch up / down button getting a hammering now
  • LooksLikeTroubleLooksLikeTrouble    134 posts
    Another thing that pisses me off is theyll be going in the gates at say belmont and tony brasell and co will be giving their tips for a race 5 mins away at rosehill etc
  • LuckyLongshotsLuckyLongshots    4,270 posts

Another thing that pisses me off is theyll be going in the gates at say belmont and tony brasell and co will be giving their tips for a race 5 mins away at rosehill etc

Been happening for years - Ascot/Belmont is usually run and won, before the barriers are half full for the race they left WA for.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User]    46 posts
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

thefalcon likes this post.