G'day Punter!

In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 36 Non Members

Belmont - Horse's Birthday 01/08

West Australian Racing
Interesting card. Is that the worst maiden we've seen on a Saturday?

Pike should start the new season with at least 5.

Couple of specials in Panzdown and Silkinize at backable odds.

All eyes on Mervyn trying to cling on too.

Beautiful Mind my roughie for the day.

Comments

• TrainTrain    186 posts
    R1- FIRE GODDESS gets her chance back to 1200 in a race that has a lack of tempo. First up at 1000 settled back and hit the line nicely in, as it turns out, a handy maiden before leading them up and not giving it away at 1300. Gets a senior rider third up where she should be approaching peak fitness and from barrier three shouldn’t have to burn to find the fence. From there likely leads but can hand up if something wants to go mad and should be in the money.

R2- CLAIRVOYANCE did a lot wrong on debut but was impressive in beating a good field. Wasn’t the fastest out of the gates but mustered nicely you hold the fence and with the benefit of the experience she may be able to jump a touch cleaner like in her trials. Was scratched from a race last week to be saved for this race over the short course and backing in the stable to get it right and make it two from two.

R3- Best Bet: MAROCCHINO has been in strong 3yo races all campaign and finally strikes something a little easier. Has form behind Indian Pacific, Kay Cee and Chantrea which is much tougher than what his rivals have faced. His two runs past 2000 have been brave when leading into the turn and not lying down when headed. Is versatile and can lead or take a sit in the first few and gets his best chance all preparation in this grade and gets in on the minimum.

R4- MILITARY RULER has yet to put in a bad performance this prep and has his first run at the mile. He also gets his first chance at finding the rail this prep and backs up which he seemed to appreciate second up when finishing two lengths clear of third. Rises in grade here but appears to have found a weaker race and so gets weight relief which should further his cause. Chloe Azzopardi rates leaders really well and takes extra weight off the back and he’ll really give them something to catch.

R5- SERENITY BAY was a strong first up winner before looking a touch plain second up. May not quite have got the mile as she was a big improver last start when back to 1400 in a high rating race and so back further to 1300 should complement her turn of foot. Likely settles near last from the outside gate but in a small field where they will roll along, it may not be a huge disadvantage. If Pike can get on someone’s back near the turn she will do the rest.

R6- FALSE STATEMENT has been racing well of late and gets along really well with Madi Derrick. Beat a field that has already produced two winners last start including Expressionist who looks progressive. Found the lead on that occasion and with a clean jump can race forward again although probably sitting outside Round The Point. Drops a little in weight up to Saturday grade and looks a great eachway chance in a race that isn’t overly strong.

R7- RIVER DANCE has had his share of issues but finds a nice race for his return. His two runs last campaign are much better than they read in far stronger races than this and gets the concussion plates off which is a big positive. Likes Belmont, goes good first up and will appreciate the tempo MERVYN will put into the race as it will allow him to really finish off from the back of the field. Has always been a quality horse and is a very good price to find out if the real RIVER DANCE is back.

R8- CLIFFS OF COMFORT is an absolute speed demon having his first start over the short course first up. Trialled flat but did the same last prep and was behind Free Trade so not too concerned. Drawing the outside gate could be a blessing in disguise as it gives him time to muster speed in order to cross in case he doesn’t jump brilliantly. Is unbeaten in three starts all in outstanding time and if he brings his best they will have a hard time catching him.

R9- BOMBAY STYLE won at his first start for Tiarnna Robertson when getting the better a handy type in Aberdeen Queen. Got a very easy run in transit on that occasion when leaders back but looks like getting an identical run from barrier one here. Finds a similar grade of race and only goes up 0.5kg on his last run so providing he hasn’t gone backwards should be putting in a similar run. Gets the best run in a very open race so should be in the finish.
  • ThunderstruckThunderstruck    7,676 posts
    Happy birthday to all the horses god their beautiful animals.

One to mention early for me and i missed the 40s bugger it! Prize Catch, hope he jumps better tomorrow up to a mile suits and i reckon he can run a cracking race at great ew odds..albeit they have been halved..i got 29s boosted.

5 winners you reckon Chris ? A Jonah statement me thinks :D ...but yes he probably rides a few.Not alone in thinking Silikinize is unders because Pike is on? and how can it catch/beat big CLIFF?..
    Doubt i'll be backing many or any of his however maybe a mega multi taking a mix of mainly places and 1 or 2 to win on all his is a possibility :-?
  • ChrisChris    5,218 posts
    You've been struck by the multi curse

Thunderstruck, thefalcon likes this post.

• madfacemadface    6 posts
    After his competitive run last start, he is up in distance with a good barrier i believe juicing carrots could be an upset in race 3
  • H-BOMBERH-BOMBER    10,235 posts
    My 4 for Pike

Panzdown
    Not to be Mist
    Dark Mission
    Silkinize

25-1

Roughy black booked

Classic Pro in the last $31
  • hashhash    7,495 posts
    madface said:

After his competitive run last start, he is up in distance with a good barrier i believe juicing carrots could be an upset in race 3

Trainer has been trying a couple new things with the horse at home in hope he can recapture his old form, he has certainly tested her patience I wish them all the best and hope it runs well but this is Burning Prides race to lose 3rd up cherry ripe ???? and pike is the icing on the cake
    edited July 2020
    Multis are on! A $25 fixed one @31.37 with Tabtouch whose odds were notably($5)better and a $25 tote one with Sportsbet.
    Left out the maiden horse of Pikeys in r1 and Silkinize altogether later, Cliff is subbed in for the win as the last and hopefully victorious leg.

Panzdown W
    Burning Pride
    Not To Be Mist
    Serenity Bay
    Dark Mission W
    Essential Spice
    Cliffs Of Comfort to go bang for the Win!

imageimage
    jpg
    jpg
    Screenshot_20200731-224302_Samsung Internet.jpg
    png
    png
    sportsbet_bet_1733944001_1.png

hash likes this post.

Slight ballsup posting the bet slips? not exactly my forte this...
    I reckon about 4 winners max for Pikey, concede that i could be well wrong but think either Serenity Bay or Not To Be Mist get done and maybe Burning Pride cant run down Marocchino.
    The maiden galloper in the 1st will likely get into odds on leave me out of that race entirely..

Maybe just 3 or 4 bets for me.
    Panzdown
    Marocchino
    Cliffs Of Comfort
    Bombay Style.

• madfacemadface    6 posts
    I agree on paper BP has them covered and poor old JC has lost his form. I know the trainer and why she persists i don't know. I suggested a jockey change but craig knows the horse and it's quirks. Be nice to at least see some fight in the old bugger as she works hard for one horse.

hash, Thunderstruck likes this post.

• GreyHorsesMatterGreyHorsesMatter    23 posts
    Patrocity was a nice trial, think hes a nice e/w today, or one to throw in exotics
  • jumjum    3,512 posts
    Panzdown is a moral today, and I really like Deception Game in the last with the 3 KG claim.
  • DurtleDurtle    33 posts
    Happy birthday horses. May the horse be with you.

Best bets today after running a simulation 10,000 times.

1/ Fire Goddess
    2/ Panzdown
    5/ Serenity Bay
    7/ Mervyn
    8/ Silkinize
  • The_BullThe_Bull    918 posts
    Best for me today.

Marocchino fit, no weight and comes out of stakes grade.

Jeraft e/w. Much better run last start.

Thunderstruck, Notapuntas likes this post.

• TiversTivers    7,720 posts
    Pulled its Panzdown
    jum said:

Panzdown is a moral today, and I really like Deception Game in the last with the 3 KG claim.

Waited til after but when i saw your post immediately knew we were in shit M word hello????

KING of the Jonah's [-(

I backed Clairvoyance with Beteasy tho so maybe i should thank ya :D

jum likes this post.

• FlandersFlanders    1,197 posts
    Where's Mailman at?

Thunderstruck, Manchild likes this post.

Chris said:

You've been struck by the multi curse

Cured now!
  • RodentRodent    7,024 posts
    Clairvoyance wow. Who saw that coming?  :D

Thunderstruck likes this post.

People get blinded when pikey's on one, plunged into 1.60 was silly. 0/2 and i cant see him winning the next either..i agree with Bull.

hash likes this post.

Rodent said:

Boom Boom.
  • TiversTivers    7,720 posts
    edited August 2020
    Rodent said:

Both were one start one win.
    Both over 1,000m at Belmont.
    Clairvoyance doing so in quicker time.

How / why was one a moral and the other not seen coming ?

thefalcon, Winsumlosesum likes this post.

• thefalconthefalcon    19,949 posts
    the sooner william heads east and gives us a break the better..his mounts are ridiculous odds. i've never seen anything like it..fair dinkum!!
  • paraleticparaletic    3,750 posts
    Tivers said:

Pulled its Panzdown

Couldn’t believe the money for The fav..... backing it like it was past the post already
    Weak doesn't describe Marocchino adequately enough...
    edited August 2020
    :)) meeoowww?
    jpg
    jpg
    images.jpeg-9.jpg
  • RodentRodent    7,024 posts
    Jeraft beat Not To Be Mist home last start and met it the same at the weights today. Why the big price difference?

The_Bull likes this post.

Tivers said:

Rodent said:

Both were one start one win.
    Both over 1,000m at Belmont.
    Clairvoyance doing so in quicker time.

How / why was one a moral and the other not seen coming ?

I think you've missed the tone here

Thunderstruck, Rodent likes this post.

Overhype is the theme...one goes in and MANY follow
    Pretty keen Position of Power in the next