G'day Punter!

In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 27 Non Members

Belmont 22/8/20

West Australian Racing
R1- ENDURING MOMENT has put in two very encouraging runs this prep that suggest he’ll be winning one soon. Has been sitting wide in the run over 1000m but looks ready for 1200 with the soft run he should get from barrier three. Has the tactical speed to use that gate to sit just off the speed and make his run whenever Noske pulls the trigger. The form out of his races hasn’t been the strongest but this doesn’t look much tougher.

R2- PLAYING MARIKA isn’t the easiest horse to catch but she’s looks a class above these. Looked to be peaking on her runs first and second up and then couldn’t overcome the leader bias when shades went back on. Looks capable of holding up from the gate to find a similar spot to last start in the small field and may appreciate being presented a little earlier as she can be a bit grindy in finishing off her races.

R3- GUNNAGO has run himself back into a bit of form and the way he’s charging to the line he may be ready for a staying trip. Showed a real turn of foot to win from last in a handy field two back before having the pattern right against him last and still finishing off into fourth in a race that has already produced Prince Turbo. Needs room in his races and has drawn three but with a little bit of speed he should get plenty and if he’s rolling into the turn he can put his best foot forward.

R4- MADAM TORIO is a ball of pure speed and makes herself hard to beat in any time she can find top. Hadn’t been the quickest beginner prior to last start where she pinged and thinking she can pick that up as a habit. Won pretty comfortably last start and beat two subsequent winners in doing so and has been kept a month between runs for this which she seems to appreciate.

R5- LEADING GIRL was the run of the meeting first up when making good ground late from three back fence against a strong bias. Trialled very nicely prior to that and is unbeaten second up boasting two quality performances against better fields than this. Beat most of her market rivals last start in a nice race and with even luck can’t see any of those turning the tables on her here.

R6- Best Bet: ARAGAIN always promised to be a nice horse and hasn’t stopped improving since going to Chris Willis. Won with authority two back in a handy class one field before skipping a couple of grades and going even better in a 60+ running good time. Has been getting lovely runs but should get another one here from barrier one where she should be able to hold leaders back. Expect her continue to get better and better and this isn’t any harder than what she’s been facing.

R7- WESTERN TEMPLE was solid trying to run down MASSIMO first up and with a few things in his favour can turn the tables. Looks suited up to the mile with the run under his belt and picks up 1.5kg on the winner and beat the rest of the field pretty convincingly. Looks like getting a soft run from the gate and meets a very similar field to last start. That was only his first run for Peter Fernie whois a master of improving older horses so expecting further improvement at some stage.

R8- MONEY MATTERS was another victim of the on pace bias a fortnight ago when unable to run down We’ve Got Dreams. Was first up on that occasion and expect him to be fully screwed downed second up and potentially be able to kick through and lead this. Looks a better horse rolling and with a bit less speed in this he can take advantage of that. Drops weight up in class but he is good enough to measure up in this grade and should be winning in this field.

R9- BADGE OF COURAGE strikes the most winnable race of his campaign here and is a nice price in the get out. Has been racing in 72+ grade and higher of late but comes back to 60+ grade and gets up to 1200 where he seems a touch more effective. Has form around We’ve Got Dreams, Money Matters and Indian Pacific which is A+ form for a race like this. Has a lot of options from six out of fifteen and after the claim only goes up 2.5kg out of higher grade.
+1 -1

Thunderstruck likes this post.

Comments

• ChrisChris    5,218 posts
    Comfort Me in the second
  • VoodooVoodoo    1,234 posts

Super Maxi to jump out of the ground.....
  • ChelseaChelsea    1,369 posts
    Lonsdale Lady

savethegame, H-BOMBER, Rodent likes this post.

• bradybrady    1,452 posts
    Race 2,
    Comfort me
    Race 7,
    Western Temple
    Jeraft
  • The_BullThe_Bull    918 posts
    Sentimental Queen is my best. Bred to appreciate the step up in distance. Better run than it looked last start trying to circle the field with the rail out 15m. Smaller field today suits.
  • TheDivaTheDiva    13,246 posts
    Wow troodles :-O what a ride

Manchild likes this post.

• H-BOMBERH-BOMBER    10,235 posts
    The 40 mins between races is outdated (:|

• bookieloverbookielover    2,623 posts
    H-BOMBER said:

The 40 mins between races is outdated (:|

And as per usual, they ran one and a half minutes late for the first. I reckon it's a toss up between Perth and Gold Coast for the award as to who is the best at running races the latest behind start time.

H-BOMBER, JimmyPop, [Deleted User] likes this post.

• TheSwooperTheSwooper    1,717 posts
    Plain - yes but Porter couldn't have given it much less of a chance from a decent draw.
  • ThunderstruckThunderstruck    7,676 posts

Plain - yes but Porter couldn't have given it much less of a chance from a decent draw.

Is off his game lately...
    Don't mind Jeraft EW The drop back to 1400 saw him a bit one paced last start. 1650 suits today and i reckon the fav is a risk at the trip.
  • TheSwooperTheSwooper    1,717 posts
    Thought Gunna was gunna. Toppie just couldn't take it to the turn.

Was the only other 1 i had in the 1st box i was cheering it for a way better tri divvy.
  • WhatisthepointWhatisthepoint    181 posts
    Leading girl perth racing going good.

Thunderstruck dislikes this post.

Its the jockey mate, Pikey gets that one home imo.
  • WhatisthepointWhatisthepoint    181 posts
    Yeah no they liked the winner in betting to gave it zero lol perth racing going good.
  • JimmyPopJimmyPop    316 posts

Yeah no they liked the winner in betting to gave it zero lol perth racing going good.

I'd like to see you suck on your prawn, i don't think you would even be happy then.
    Chelsea said:

Lonsdale Lady

When they talk, I listen

Chelsea likes this post.

edited August 2020
    Please...
    That jag has done it again w.a.f.j

Fairly BIG cat Sentimental Queen @bull?
  • JimmyPopJimmyPop    316 posts
    edited August 2020
    Freedom by Choice - that makes you want to give up punting.
    Never won at the track and never won second up.
    Couldn't win a race in Geraldton last campaign.
    Those that finished behind him will struggle to ever in in town.

• hashhash    7,495 posts

Is off his game lately...

Lol he obviously read this forum in between races 5 & 6...

Thunderstruck dislikes this post.

I actually have been thinking he's going well lately.
    H-BOMBER said:

Bombed on at least 5 favs and has got 2 cats up..please explain...lol
  • RodentRodent    7,024 posts
    JimmyPop said:

Freedom by Choice - that makes you want to give up punting.

Never won at the track and never won second up.
    Couldn't win a race in Geraldton last campaign.
    Those that finished behind him will struggle to ever in in town.

I like this horse but spewing I wasn't on today. His 2nd up run last prep was easily good enough to win today but it was Gero where he goes well. At the price I should have had something on  ~X(

JimmyPop likes this post.

Goin alright for jag punters 101,21,34 fixed odds of his last 3 winners, while favs have been going to shit town left right and centre..ill add not all his fault.
  • thefalconthefalcon    19,949 posts
    you can't back 'em all, rodent.
  • FlandersFlanders    1,197 posts
    You seriously could not bet decent money on any horse on that track. Its bloody hammered

Please...
    That jag has done it again w.a.f.j

Fairly BIG cat Sentimental Queen @bull?

Yeh it was horrible. In the sin bin. Now watch it win next start....

H-BOMBER said:

Bombed on at least 5 favs and has got 2 cats up..please explain...lol

Won Jockey challenge today. He's giving them every chance and the roughies prove that
    Flanders said:

You seriously could not bet decent money on any horse on that track. Its bloody hammered

Just caught up on the replays. You would have had your life on Western Temple at the 200m mark today, then you'll notice it hits the more noticeably green patch at the 150m mark and and to my eye, affected it's run. It may have peaked on its run at the same time but there was a nice clod of sand flying up at the crucial point. Nothing in the stewards report though