G'day Punter!

In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 41 Non Members
Waller trained Savabeel 3yo who was not given not a great ride but obliterated them late anyway, is way better than 64 grade at Newcastle..looks a smart staying type on that win.

Comments

• ThunderstruckThunderstruck    7,676 posts
    Goes round in a listed race at Rosehill on Saturday, boy they dont give much away is a shortish $2.65 after the scratching of Bartley(who goes around at Flemington and is a likely winner there), looks a great chance watch out for his booming finish late.

Blitzed them and from a position that was not entirely favourable, seemingly runs great late sectionals.

jum likes this post.

edited October 2020
    Potential group 1 beast this colt I reckon, has drawn gate 10 this Saturday(after the scratching of his main danger)and whilst i am unsure if Caulfield is his most suitable track am hoping Ollie gets some cover, if so he will be deadset launching late..may not even need cover as per The Autumn Sun a couple of years ago.
  • therealkramertherealkramer    8,008 posts
    edited October 2020
    I'm surprised it's such a good price. If Rothfire doesn't fracture its sesamoid, Ole Kirk($3.6fav) & King's Legacy($7) don't get anywhere near it in the Golden Rose. It's 1600m this week, tho I get that and it certainly suits KL, but still.

I noticed Hungry Heart is $3.3 fav in the Thousand Guineas, too. Punters who've been backing her all prep are surely starving by now? 

Thunderstruck likes this post.

Kirk is being solidly backed and Mo'unga is out to 7s(Same price as Kings Legacy who I don't mind up to a mile now)no way should there be such a gap between these two!! I'm going to bet today, boost to 8.25 as I'm more than happy with that price..no moral but i sense Waller really rates him and he is well worth a crack.OK to my mind is unders.
    Flemington R7 tomorrow value @$13 should run on well, Australian Guineas on the agenda.
    Nice run 1st up, will appreciate stepping up in trip too i'm excited.1.21.63 they ran serious time too.
    Recoup any money you lost at Flemington on this galloper in Syd next week and as he gets out in trip. Drew away from Cherry Tortoni first up and would eat it the further they go..plus he LOVES the wet..i'll go out on a limb and suggest he is the 2020's version of Myocard B-)
    Has drawn gate 2 for Saturday 13 horses engaged and Aegon who will be toughest to beat also loves the sting out.
    edited March 2021
    UNLUCKY AS F..i believe he will flog them in the Rosehill guineas..bet double if it's wet
    LOVE you bigboy, tougher than i thought but the $7 all in was 'ken awesome.

oldhendo likes this post.

Proud of the boy, didn't pan out for him today and whilst i have a slight hunch they maybe should have gone the derby route instead the way he got going very very late he "done well played strong".Only won one group 1 which seems like he has been a bit shortchanged but that's racing.
  • H-BOMBERH-BOMBER    10,235 posts
    Backs up on the QE on Saturday.

Thunderstruck likes this post.

Yep Annabel must be happy with him, looked to me like he wanted further last week although way too far back he kept coming.

BIG acid test though against two guns at 2000m..i will say they think his preference is good ground to aid his turn of foot conditions i believe he will get, what a race this will be likely better than the ASM and Everest and in good conditions can't wait!
    CRACKING return today  B-)

oldhendo, jum likes this post.

57 today so not exactly "well in" but is on in the trainer's opinion his preferred ground.Can he win, yes but a little worry is the run he gets in transit...he will be charging late with about 6 or 7 others i have a futures bet on Atishu also, hope she is one of them finishing hard.
    Huge run after a butcher ride..getphuckedberryyouplonker
    edited October 2021
    Maybe slightly harsh but beaten a mere 1.6 lengths, 57kgs and wide the trip..it stings and i bet connections are wondering if he likely wins with cover..yes imo.

Anyway, where to next? Golden Eagle back 100m in trip? if he draws a wide gate again and i think it's at Rosehill has virtually no hope..Or do they go back to Melbourne hit the Valley and take on the stablemate? He travels well historically and i reckon he gets 2000 fine.
    Interesting decision awaits i'm guessing they go for to the Cox Plate as i don't think Zaaki is over the line completely, with VE maybe off the boil this guy could be nearly the main challenger(with one or two imports decent chances).