Comments

• paraleticparaletic    3,750 posts
    Cc - Finche
    Cox - russian camelot
    Everest - rothfire
    Cup - pikes ride, forgot the name
  • ThunderstruckThunderstruck    7,676 posts
    edited September 2020
    Was only thinking the other day NP could be a real smokey for the Cox..wonder if their going "fresh" into the Golden Rose possible i reckon.

As stated already i reckon Verry Elleegant can clean up this spring and as a result will skip the CC & avoid a penalty

CC-Russian Camelot
    Cox-Verry Elleegant but give a big chance to the 3yo NP however.
    Everest-nfi but here's a big speccy boys, Showmanship.
    Cup-Verry Elleegant/Surprise Baby runs 2nd.
    edited October 2020
    Seemingly zero interest in premium East coast racing on here just over 90 total views for this thread and 2 replies..embarrassing.

3 of my 4 predictions were wrong as two are going in different directions and 1 got injured.
    I bet O'brien might be kicking himself he didnt go the CC route with Russian Camelot 2400 suits better than the Cox Plate to me anyway.

Changing my first 3 picks for these reasons :D

CC - Master Of Wine
    Cox - Arcadia Queen
    Everest - Bivouac, partly swayed by two jockeys almost declaring it and i also loved the way he smashed Gytrash 2nd up at Flemington in the Newmarket(one of the best 1200m wins of recent years).I'm already on at a Boosted $21/4.60.
    Nature Meooww will NOT win.
  • therealkramertherealkramer    8,008 posts
    edited October 2020

Nature Meooww will NOT win.

On form, no. But if Waller only cares about this one race, a form reversal wouldn't surprise me. I doubt he cares an ounce about the punters burnt by backing his horse so far this prep.
  • H-BOMBERH-BOMBER    10,235 posts
    You are absolutely right. Last year proved that to me
    Chances of winning go up as I've potted him i agree on that I just think he will get overrun late as per his last 2 runs.

I should have tried reverse psychology like with my Caulfield Cup tip...
  • jumjum    3,512 posts

Caulfield cup # Dalasan = drops massively in weight and huge last start with Pike on.

Everest # Nature Strip = 3rd up form gets me a little horny :D

Cox Plate # Arcadia Queen = Last run when the bar plates come off showed how good she is.

Melbourne Cup # Russian Camelot = Keep going back to his arrogant SA Derby win. I think he will get better the further he goes.

Also think Warning will love the 3200 of the cup at eachway odds

• PCPC    2,190 posts
    Interesting info from Racing and Sport's Adam Blencowe, Timeform Australia ratings handicapper:

Just six have gone into a Caulfield Cup with a higher rating than 125-rated Anthony Van Dyck this century:
    2008: 130 - Weekend Hussler - 12th
    2011: 129 - Americain - 4th
    2002: 128 - Northerly - WON
    2019: 127 - Hartnell - 7th
    2017: 126 - Humidor - 5th
    2010: 126 - Shocking - 4th

Sky Heights was rated 125 when he carried 56.5kgs and won the Caulfield Cup in 1999. 125 raters (pre race) since then:
    2000: Fairway - 3rd
    2009: Predatory Pricer - 12th
    2010: Alcopop - 11th
    2015: Our Ivanhowe - 3rd
    2015: Fame Game - 6th
    2018: Best Solution - WON
    From memory Humidor was ridden more forward because the track was playing leaderish. Didn't pan out but the horse DID run Winx to a close 2nd in the CP next start. Johannes Vermeer(3rd) also ran a very close 2nd in the MC at its next run so you could so it was a strong form reference.
    Possibly going to be a well rain affected track by R9 and reportedly going back from the gate, if both factors eventuate I'm a knock on the toppie.

Actually reckon the old boy Prince Of Arran can run a race he might be a query if it's too wet though too.
  • PCPC    2,190 posts
    This in regards to Anthony Van Dyck who is carrying 58.5kg in the Caulfield Cup. 16 horses have attempted to win the Caulfield Cup carrying 58.5kg or more since 1972. Hyperno (2nd with 59kg, 1980) is the best result. Kingston Town (3rd with 60kg, 1980) and Gunsynd (3rd with 62kg, 1972) were the other horses to place. Subzero was the last horse to run in the Caulfield Cup with at least 58.5kg and he finished 12th carrying 58.5kg in 1993 which was won by Fraar (54.5kg)
    Gee Zahra gave Succeed Indeed every possible there(not) #$%* ..
    Obviously Lee's can't train..and Obrien can 8-} 780 days since that cat Graff last won.....
    Glen Boss said...

Only 2 horses are winning hopes in the Everest.

Bivouac and Classique Legend true story ^:)^

Glen Boss said...

I can't take him seriously after seeing this 8-}

Thunderstruck likes this post.

Told ya's Naturecat had NONE ;)
    Yeah he needed a wet track to be any chance. It still wouldn't have shocked if he'd won-the horse has done it before. I'm still not sold on the hype of The Everest.

Thunderstruck likes this post.

Glen Boss said...

There's your first problem..following Twitter :))

therealkramer likes this post.

Good stuff I like quirky motherphukka's <:-P

Glen Boss said...

There's your first problem..following Twitter :))

:D

Manchild likes this post.

:x :x ILY Verry Elleegant

edited October 2020

:x :x ILY Verry Elleegant

I was tossing up between VE & MOW. I need a lobotomy. Willowed and Hawksed by the same horse-what a Quinella b-( [-X
    Another overrated Hawkes gallopers MOW..i tipped it with Intent..ie the non jonah tip, sadly for me I had 10 neddies to run 3rd but not the 12..Fug I hate novelties in general.
    I made a mistake and ended having a speck of dust on VE....wish it had been a bigger 'mistake' tho  :O)
  • PCPC    2,190 posts
    VE was good & gutsed it out. In my opinion the run of the race was the runner up Anthony Van Dyck - had barrier 17, was near last in running & circled all of the runners on the turn & only finished 0.2 lengths away from the winner & carried 4.5kg more. Great effort.

Was 3.5 but yeh he was good..WONT win the big show though also has never gone beyond 2400.
  • PCPC    2,190 posts

Was 3.5 but yeh he was good..WONT win the big show though also has never gone beyond 2400.

You dont need 3200m form prior to winning the Cup. Not many Melbourne Cup winners run in 3200m races before their Cup win

oldhendo likes this post.

• PCPC    2,190 posts
    Tonight Addeyybb wins the G1 British Champion Stakes at Royal Ascot to go with his two G1 wins in Australia earlier this year where he beat 6-time Group 1 winner and Caulfield Cup winner Verry Elleegant twice.

• PCPC    2,190 posts
    The bonny mare has improved again from the autumn so i'd love to see a rematch(maybe the Queen Elizabeth or Cox Plate next year?)because she can turn the tables I reckon.

And how about giving her a bit more credit in carrying more weight to win than any mare in the last 50 years.
    Pumping up internationals tyres and letting air out of our own, whose side are you on mate :D