G'day Punter!

In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 24 Non Members

Hayden King - Race caller at Lark Hill trials

West Australian Racing
FlandersFlanders    1,197 posts
Who is the race caller from the Lark Hill trials today? Seems really good.

Comments

• TheDivaTheDiva    13,246 posts
    He’s a young bloke by the name of Hayden king, cutting his teeth at trials. I think it’s obviously early days but I could see him “going through the grades”.
    Thoughts?

Flanders, JimmyPop likes this post.

• tonytony    2,361 posts
    He has been doing the ocasional greyhound and trot race meeting as well.

I think he goes pretty well at this stage.

Flanders, TheDiva likes this post.

• FlandersFlanders    1,197 posts
    If you can call 16 trials and seemingly get all of those names right whilst doing the rest right, i reckon you've got a tonne of potential! I firmly believe getting trials right would be a great grounding for the real deal, where the race colours on race day make it that much easier
  • shothrushothru    243 posts
    Be nice if you could here him on the tv there. 
  • GilgameshGilgamesh    4,717 posts
    He is very good just needs to not get too Richie Bell (who seems to have taken him under his wing) trying to predict what he thinks will happen in his call and just call it as it unfolds
  • SLIPPERGOLDENSLIPPERGOLDEN    7,741 posts
    Long overdue for a new young caller on the scene. All the best to Hayden.

TheDiva, JimmyPop likes this post.

• loose_gooseloose_goose    2,069 posts
    Gilgamesh said:

He is very good just needs to not get too Richie Bell (who seems to have taken him under his wing) trying to predict what he thinks will happen in his call and just call it as it unfolds

Exactly, too much early crow, heard a race recently where he declared something gone on the corner, went down in a photo finish. . Ego can ruin careers, other than that goes good
  • AbbysAceAbbysAce    560 posts
    Matt Young calls very well but cant get a permanent gig other than Carnarvon so you would think Hayden got plenty of years to perfect his craft.
  • JimmyPopJimmyPop    316 posts
    There seems to be some good young callers in WA. It is obviously a hard profession to break into.
    Racecalling has always had long apprenticeships.
    Hayden is calling today at gero and so far very impressive. Have a listen

Thunderstruck, hash likes this post.

• ThunderstruckThunderstruck    7,676 posts
    Yep have caught a few calls seems pretty proficient to me too.
  • meatpiemeatpie    410 posts
    and a late call up, replaced Macca this morning.
  • paraleticparaletic    3,750 posts
    he is very good
  • altern8vualtern8vu    242 posts
    hi guys yep good listen today & quite frankly his calls were absolutely good listening message to d-mac let the young bloke do all the gero/country calls he sounds good & his finishes are not bad either my 2bobs worth  :-h :D refreshing cheers

hash, jum likes this post.

• hashhash    7,495 posts
    In the last today when Megadon hit the front he made the call race saying “it’s anyone’s race” I think he could have got that part a little more accurate especially since I was on the winner...

And “a blanket go for 4th” when Counter Drive clearly ran 4th by a good 4 or 5 lengths back to the 5th horse
    Not sure if that was his debut, but outstanding effort either way.

detonator, Nevershowsurprise likes this post.

• detonatordetonator    4,360 posts
    First time listening to Hayden.
    Did a good job and will be a lot better for the run and the run after that.
    His voice has a “Ritchie Bell” tone about it. 
    But in time when his balls drop he May develop a “velvet” tone like Dmac. 

:D
  • NevershowsurpriseNevershowsurprise    995 posts
    edited October 2020
    And “a blanket go for 4th” when Counter Drive clearly ran 4th by a good 4 or 5 lengths back to the 5th horse

Clearly watched a different race to me
  • spinkingspinking    3,737 posts
    Nevershow if your comment above (clearly watched a different race to me) is about Hashs comment about 4 or 5 lengths back to the 5 placed horse I agree with you he did watch a different race to you. 4or5 lengths from fourth takes you back to about the ninth placed horse

Nevershowsurprise, detonator likes this post.

edited October 2020
    Correct Spin
  • VoodooVoodoo    1,234 posts
    hash said:

In the last today when Megadon hit the front he made the call race saying “it’s anyone’s race” I think he could have got that part a little more accurate especially since I was on the winner...

Spec Savers have a special this month.....

Nevershowsurprise, Thunderstruck likes this post.

If you guys are bagging this 4kg claiming race caller for that, you really are being ridiculous. I heard three of his calls yesterday and thought it sounded very good considering his inexperience and the end of the races were very accurate as well.
    When compared to DMac and Richie, they were pretty close to the "benchmark" already, so the future looks outstanding for this bloke imo.

detonator, TheDiva likes this post.

• altern8vualtern8vu    242 posts
    yep hi guys i to were wondering wat race hash was watching he said he was on the winner which perplexed me a bit so i went back and watched the replay yep spec savers can help, all good hash :D :-h cheers ^:)^
    edited October 2020
    Flanders said:

If you guys are bagging this 4kg claiming race caller for that, you really are being ridiculous. I heard three of his calls yesterday and thought it sounded very good considering his inexperience and the end of the races were very accurate as well.
    When compared to DMac and Richie, they were pretty close to the "benchmark" already, so the future looks outstanding for this bloke imo.

Flanders if you can’t work out we’re bagging Hash’s comment about there being 4 or 5 lengths to the 5th horse and not Hayden’s call you need to give yourself an uppercut

spinking, Flanders, Thunderstruck likes this post.

Flanders said:

Flanders if you can’t work out we’re bagging Hash’s comment about there being 4 or 5 lengths to the 5th horse and not Hayden’s call you need to give yourself an uppercut

That's a relief! Fair enough cheers, I'm not the sharpest knife in the block sometimes.

Nevershowsurprise, Thunderstruck likes this post.

:))
  • SLIPPERGOLDENSLIPPERGOLDEN    7,741 posts

Flanders said:

That's a relief! Fair enough cheers, I'm not the sharpest knife in the block sometimes.

On that evidence Flanders you are actually the block  :D  

That jest aside I give you full marks for the term 4kg claiming racecaller  =D>

Flanders likes this post.

• shothrushothru    243 posts
    Possible opening for this guy in Kalgoorlie ?

JimmyPop likes this post.

• savethegamesavethegame    2,786 posts
    Dave Sheehan calls his last meeting at Kalgoorlie on 31 October thought the pecking order wolud be Royce Newton-----Matt Young then Hyden King big saving to the industry if it's Newton his a Kalgoorlie Lad.

No cost of flights big saving depending were his calling now, think he went to call overseas waiting for his chance at kalg..

But Matt Young. Next if he doesn't want it then Hayden King.
    Terriffic caller Dave Sheehan, calls the races at Kal with style.Will be missed.

savethegame, Markovina, VillageKid likes this post.