G'day Punter!

In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 42 Non Members

The Racing League

West Australian Racing
Done minor research. Not sure who runs it. What horses? Trainers etc? Anyone ? 

Comments

• ThunderstruckThunderstruck    7,676 posts
    All to be voted on by the team shareholders i believe and through the respective captains.
    4 states qld nsw vic and wa.
    10000 shares equals a 2mil budget for the 6 horses to be purchased..therefore,

One possible rort i noticed is a seemingly minimal $20 per share monthly direct debit starts as of January 2021 and continues, so at up to 10000 shares thats 200k/mth piling in and for what? Didnt explore that anomaly any further maybe the cash just accumulates and a big excess gets divided up but idk any more.I do know it is a lot of extra mthly $$$ even for 6 horses in full training.
    edited September 2020
    The $20 per mth(if u buy more than 1 unit its "only" another $5 per extra share)is "to cover all associated horse costs and TRL operations" :D plenty leftover to lease AMG Merc's and a LOT of "business" trips i'd say.

The Racing League(TRL)selects the 24 horses(8 ready to run and 16 yearlings) catering for 6 per team, stakeholders then vote on their preferred six horses from the draft and the team captain acts according to the votes.

There is a lot of info to digest thats for sure, thats the basics and most of the costs..there is also an extra $60 per share capital contribution each january to replenish and grow the team by buying two more horses until a team of 10 horses is achieved.
    edited September 2020
    *I didnt factor in obviously there are 4 teams so its 40000 units and up to 800k/mth from that $20 training/admin fee.
  • paraleticparaletic    3,750 posts

The $20 per mth(if u buy more than 1 unit its "only" another $5 per extra share)is "to cover all associated horse costs and TRL operations" :D plenty leftover to lease AMG Merc's and a LOT of "business" trips i'd say.

The Racing League(TRL)selects the 24 horses(8 ready to run and 16 yearlings) catering for 6 per team, stakeholders then vote on their preferred six horses from the draft and the team captain acts according to the votes.

There is a lot of info to digest thats for sure, thats the basics and most of the costs..there is also an extra $60 per share capital contribution each january to replenish and grow the team by buying two more horses until a team of 10 horses is achieved.

First thing i did was calculate those costs too. Its a massive rort. Its a resounding no from me.

jum, H-BOMBER, Ngawyni likes this post.

Yep its a pity as the overall concept itself isn't bad, the upfront is minimal and would be affordable to many but that monthly fee is far too much.

paraletic, JimmyPop likes this post.

• H-BOMBERH-BOMBER    10,235 posts
    Seems a decent old rort to me

So if I buy 5 shares, that will be $1000 up front and then $20 ( 1 unit) + $20 (4 x extra units) so $40 per month, for 18 months.

My outlay then is $1720 (1000 + 720) for ownership of 0.01% of 6 horses for 18 months. That would mean to get my money back the horses combined would have to win 17.2 million dollars? In 18 months?

Am I missing something here?
    Let's take it further.

In 18 months you would have actually contributed $2020. Seems the devil's number these days. So in 18 months, the 6 champion horses will have to have made 20.2 million back. In 18 months.

But oh no, it's pro rated prizemoney. For the sake of argument, you take off trainer 10% and jockey 5% and the actual winning would have to be 20.2 million divided by 0.85

So nearly $24 million in prizemoney. In 18 months.

I must be missing something here because this just plain seems a rort.

So what 200K - 400K horses are running around in WA at the moment?

Please, show me where I've misinterpreted this. It cannot be allowed to be right?

I wonder what the ambassadors are on?
    Some highlights from the hard sell

CONTINUOUS INPUT FROM TEAM OWNERS - yeah righto

WHY OWNERSHIP?
    Racing offers something that no other sport can; the thrill of owning the player - the thrill of having to explain why your 300K yearling ran last at Northam

The thrill of racehorse ownership something is indescribable until it is experienced. It is a thrill so great, that is captivates billionaires and royalty - you will not get rich expecting this thrill

This thrill is amplified by the historic bond between human and horse - gee the word thrill is being bandied around hap hazardly here....historic bond?

Own with your friends, and these life experiences will stay with you forever - or kill every friendship you have

OWNER JOURNEY
    We are working with race clubs around the country to coordinate premium race day experiences and owner access that reflects the prestige of our national competition - premium race day experience? Belmont Park on a wintery day, you cannot beat it.

Enjoy getting together and being part of a new and exciting social community - take up Bridge

Become a historical foundation owner via committing to your chosen TRL team - be one of the few that will be laughed at in times to come

Be a part of the excitement in person or online for some of the globe’s most respected thoroughbred sales including the Magic Millions Sales in January and the Inglis Easter Sale - are they flying me to the Goldie?

Exclusive insight into some of Australia’s most picturesque and renowned stud operations and potential opportunities to visit - my next holiday involves stud tours... potentially

Join your teammates and participate in TRL horse
    Off to school, where your horses are deeply cared for in a multi stage development process - I'm deeply uninterested in this, can the thing run?

You are kept close to your players, learning the intricacies of your horse’s unique personality traits and the early talent indications as the anticipation builds - we have all felt the anticipation of our unraced horse winning the Everest and the Melbourne cup in the same prep

Your team’s yearlings turn 2 years old on August 1
    August – 2 year old trials begin - that's when the burley is chummed to the owners

October – The first races for the 2 year old season commences - yep and you'll bump into Sheik Mohammed

January onward- let the multiple million dollar 2yo races begin - and you sit at home and watch Bruce Macavany tall about horses that are racing, while yours has just run last in a "hot" trial for "education"

As 3yo’s there are many race options - York maiden anyone?

As the race distances extend your horse’s race options increase - Fark, he can't sprint and is no good at the middle distance. Let's try them on a 2300m Pinjarra maiden and try lead all the way

Guineas, Oaks, Derbys, The Everest, The All Star Mile, The Stradbroke all become dreams and possibilities for your horses - ANYTHING is possible.

I've got my share, have you?

Ngawyni, sonny, Manchild likes this post.

H-BOMBER said:

So if I buy 5 shares, that will be $1000 up front and then $20 ( 1 unit) + $20 (4 x extra units) so $40 per month, for 18 months.

My outlay then is $1720 (1000 + 720) for ownership of 0.01% of 6 horses for 18 months. That would mean to get my money back the horses combined would have to win 17.2 million dollars? In 18 months?

Actually I'm wrong. Id own 0.05%. Therefore to get back my 1720, the horse would only have to win 3.4 million. Apologies, it's actually really worth it

Ngawyni, Gilgamesh likes this post.

H-BOMBER said:

I think your missing that the monthly rort fee goes on for not just 18 mths but for AT LEAST several years maybe 4,5 or 6! ie the life of horses racing careers and most are yearlings in 2021 so it goes on to at least 2025 or 2026??

As for ambassadors no idea what they get(must get some sort of payment)but the TRL business overall will have loads and loads of surplus cash after horse expenses, dependent on the share split but I'd guess easily a few hundred grand each month or annually say 4 MILLION..it could be more!
    If this flys I hope they go public and list on the exchange.. I'll be investing via that angle $-)

jum, Manchild likes this post.

They are seeking 10,000 owners per team. I reckon they will struggle to get 1,000 here in the west. Everyone i know has done the very basic maths on it and laughed. Good luck to them if it gets off the ground.
    https://www.racenet.com.au/news/waterhouse-moody-maher-joins-star-cast-training-for-the-racing-league-20210111

No wa trainers named yet. Has anyone joined? Or do we know someone who has joined?
    WOW.. slow going if they haven't even got all the training team's announced yet... must be battling to sell the shares, no surprise there :))
  • jumjum    3,512 posts
    paraletic said:

https://www.racenet.com.au/news/waterhouse-moody-maher-joins-star-cast-training-for-the-racing-league-20210111

No wa trainers named yet. Has anyone joined? Or do we know someone who has joined?

I just seen something on facebook announcing Adam Durrant as a trainer
  • thefalconthefalcon    19,949 posts
    don't forget its only a lurk when you're not in it.... [-X
    we have done some math on this err opportunity el falco..this gig is designed to make fat cats running it FATTER  ;) 
    New (leased)Lexus's for all the team at least if they ever sell all the shares.

Manchild likes this post.

• SLIPPERGOLDENSLIPPERGOLDEN    7,741 posts
    edited January 2021
    Some facts and figures especially from PP

spinking, Ngawyni likes this post.

• spinkingspinking    3,737 posts
    cant see this really getting off the ground. But as they say there is a sucker born everyday
    They have bought 2 yearlings, one for $210 k and one for $230 k
    good luck!! what about breaking in and the inevitable hefty vet bills...
  • NgawyniNgawyni    738 posts
    TRL WA trainer pitches. Interesting that Jim Taylor doesn't feature in his pitch.
  • JimmyPopJimmyPop    316 posts
    Any updates.
    LOL going very slowly is my guess but i haven't heard anything or been looking to be honest.
    TOO much money surplus going to the suits/fat cat administrators, most people will be onto that.

JimmyPop, H-BOMBER, thefalcon, Manchild likes this post.

• ChrisChris    5,218 posts
    2 tried horses being bought now, PTT are behind the party

Gilgamesh, thefalcon likes this post.

• SLIPPERGOLDENSLIPPERGOLDEN    7,741 posts
    Get rid of that background. I need to wear sunglasses to look at it

Tucool likes this post.

look fwd to hearing more, chris...