G'day Punter!

In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 37 Non Members
R1- WITHOUT REASON is racing in top form and no reason he can’t win again here. Won with dominance three starts ago chasing a strong speed before luckless run behind a tiring leader two back when still able to pick up into third. Chased another strong tempo last start when narrowly beaten. Draws wide in this to keep him out of traffic and he should roll forward and sit just off the speed and make his move near the turn.

R2- REWRITE THE STARS brings really good form to a race like this from last campaign. Placed behind Showmanship and Bright diamond early last prep before back to back victories in lesser grade. Has some niggles so willing to forgive the flop last start as her recent trial was encouraging in front of a subsequent winner. She’s versatile so Azzopardi has options from three but expect her to find a spot close to the speed.

R3- SECRET PLAN was electric on debut coming from last over 1000m to win comfortably. Did a little bit wrong on that occasion and suspect he will have only gotten better with the 6 week break to take it all in. He will have to get a long way back again here but there looks to be good tempo engaged and the extra 200 will help too. This is a big test for a last start maiden winner but he looks an above average type.

R4- BRITISH BESSY didn’t seem to appreciate going back to Belmont last campaign. Put in two big runs at Ascot beforehand in far tougher races than what she faces here having split Utgard Loki and Lorentinio in 72+ grade first up. Returns to racing early in the new Ascot season and from the draw can sit a little closer than usual. Will need a little bit of luck to get a run but looks good value in the race.

R5- INDIGO BLUE raced outside the handicap as a 3yo against the older horses at Kalgoorlie and did a good job under the circumstances. Got a long way back and was getting home as well as Beethoven near the line. Extra 100 suits as does barrier four so that she can sit a little closer. Beat Dom To Shoot and market rival PRECAUTIONARY two back and a repeat of either of her last two runs would see her hard to beat.

R6- CHIX PIC is a handy horse who has trialled well for his return. Raced almost exclusively in 78+ grade last campaign with his only run in this grade being a victory over Essential Spice. He rarely runs a bad race and from barrier one he can put himself close to the speed and try and avoid traffic. They’ll go quick here and when the field opens up he’ll get his run.

R7- Best Bet: INDIAN PACIFIC show his class as a late season 3yo. He beat Windstorm and Levitate early into his campaign before facing the older horses when attacked in a fast run 1200 behind Long Beach and Nerodio. His last start before a spell he bolted in over 1000m running super time and looked sharp in his recent trial in good time. Draws directly outside Mervyn to follow him across and sit outside or behind him and will be hard to get past.

R8- CUP NIGHT was an improved run last start when Stretching Stageman and beating a number of his rivals at 1200. Gets back to Ascot and up 1400 here and should appreciate the extra bit of speed engaged here. Drawn wide but Carbery likes to ride him back in the field and he should be able to find some cover. From there he’ll be looking for a cart into the race and if he gets one he will fly late.

R9- BAD WOLF really turned a corner two starts ago with a powerful win after the money came for him. Didn’t have any luck last start in a fast run race and backs up out of that and gets to 1400. Has run well off the quick spin in the past so expecting him to bounce back here in the smaller field. Will get back to near last from the draw and be looking for cover but if he can avoid bad luck he can play a part.

Comments

• thefalconthefalcon    19,949 posts
    great preview on a very hard meeting....i agree with your last 2.
    the crawford has a lot of speed in it..just have a look at stagemans credentials....very impressive, he'll get a few bucks from me..
  • The_BullThe_Bull    918 posts
    edited October 2020
    State Attorney EW.

Has trialled very well and goes great 1st up.

Meets Condor Heroes 4kg better than when they met 1st up last prep. Maps well. No one riding better than CJP.

6yo gelding. 3 wins. Bob must have a soft spot for him :x

JimmyPop likes this post.

• H-BOMBERH-BOMBER    10,235 posts
    Xan Bio to go well again and get off to a flyer.

I'll be cheering on Condor Heroes for @jum. Battle storm the interesting runner

Keen on Stageman. It's going the same path 12 months ago, and should have beaten Fabergino last year. The drop back to 1000 no probs. In Durrant we trust

Was ultra keen on Uni Time in the Northerly and had backed it at 80s before scratched. It's a great race and might settle on Platoon now at odds. Weird but nice trial. Great record at track distance. $26 don't need much on

It's Tollman for me in the get out. All stats read well. Ran through the line hard in recent trial. Big run Moschard in Hannans, but up in weight and happy to pot it.

Many cans to be had. Great days racing all around

jum, JimmyPop likes this post.

• GoddGodd    199 posts
    Bit of value in there
    R1-5
    R2-1
    R3-2
    R4-6
    R5-11
    R6-2
    R7-10 BB
    R8-12-16
    R9-3
  • ChrisChris    5,218 posts
    Very keen Friday Knight and the many cans @H-BOMBER speaks of
  • ThunderstruckThunderstruck    7,676 posts
    Keen on First Law for Ponty and Notorious One, if he can race more tractably today should smoke them.

I am going to just watch the Northerly except for a small e.w spec on Media Baron.Reckon Massimo is a risk and will get overrun late.

And yes many cans is a given :x (just not emu export)
  • NgawyniNgawyni    738 posts
    edited October 2020
    Xan Bio $7 out to $18 on Betfair. Tails off in running and runs last.

hash likes this post.

Hot and cold cat...lolo
    The old stablemate at 10s gets up trick......

hash likes this post.

• JimmyPopJimmyPop    316 posts
    The way the track is playing would indicate Notorious One is near on impossible.

Thunderstruck, hash likes this post.

Correct :-q
  • rooster321rooster321    186 posts
    JimmyPop said:

The way the track is playing would indicate Notorious One is near on impossible.

Can’t got past horses if he refuses to pull out, I understand he’s a tricky horse to ride but he gave it zero chance

Parnham steering $15+ pops home for fun fmd...
  • therealkramertherealkramer    8,008 posts
    By hook or by crook when they drift from $2.25-$2.50 in the final two mins they're odds on to miss the kick. How do they know?  :-$ :-?

Thunderstruck likes this post.

• TheDivaTheDiva    13,246 posts
    wonder it was playing up on the way to the barriers? Jum might know. 
  • bookieloverbookielover    2,623 posts
    I’m interested to know if Peter Cribb and Peter Mcormack are still operating on track at Ascot. It appears that Peter MAC has gone from the best bookies site and Cribb isn’t operating.

I’m interested to know if Peter Cribb and Peter Mcormack are still operating on track at Ascot. It appears that Peter MAC has gone from the best bookies site and Cribb isn’t operating.

This is from August. Not sure if it's still accurate. 

Parnham steering $15+ pops home for fun fmd...

Treble now and thankfully I was on that one.
  • bookieloverbookielover    2,623 posts
    Thanks for that. I assume it is . He’s no longer on the BB site. He was a good bookie and will be missed on track. Would let you back them to win 5,000 if you had the bet in cash and bet 15 minutes before the race. Wasn’t the greatest offer in the world, obviously he wanted time to pay off if he had to but it was better than a lot will let you on for. Corps ban you if you are a winner. He didn’t care.

If Peter Cribb has resigned as well it leaves a hole at the track that cant be filled. I don’t think anyone in perth is in a hurry to take out a license.

I’m waiting to see how many of our Melbourne bookies will return to the track especially as it won’t be happening for the carnival and that’s about the only time they can earn a quid.
    TheDiva said:

wonder it was playing up on the way to the barriers? Jum might know. 

Jum's horse? I'm definitely off  the Xmas card list now  :-t [-( :\">
    Absolutely filthy, you back at 40-1 shot in Platoon and get beaten by the 100-1 shot.

Rodent likes this post.

Hopefully some of the others will improve with the run =P~

Brad Parnham has had a day out 3 winners and 2 others at near bolters odds landing in the money.
    Cbf calculating actual Pot but I'm going with bloody BIG as an estimate.
  • RodentRodent    7,024 posts
    I was on Platoon as well  :(
     I didn't get the quaddy but whoever did got shafted as it paid big unders.

hash likes this post.

• tonytony    2,361 posts
    Quaddie was OK on Qld tote.
    Rodent said:

I was on Platoon as well  :(

I didn't get the quaddy but whoever did got shafted as it paid big unders.
    How do you suspect Taxagano won?

Whilst he'd won 1st up before that was his maiden victory. He's sprouted wings, run the second fastest 600m sectional thrashing plenty of G1 performers. I'm still boggling. 
    edited October 2020
    Media Baron storming home into 14th
    Not much vigour from the Pontiff either. Not sure what his race will be over the carnival
    12th.His run was alright was maybe a dozen lengths off the leader who seriously ran along the first 800.
    3rd best last 600 and Pont didn't flog him the last 75m.
    Taxagano was flukey plus a few didn't really fire.Nev said Kaycee wouldn't be ready first up some punters didnt listen.

Knocking on the door to win next time round especially if he draws a gate is Cup Night, has run two cracking races this time in.
  • LETSDOTHISLETSDOTHIS    298 posts
    I don’t think Cup night will see out 1600m of the railway
  • FlandersFlanders    1,197 posts
    Kay Cee was strange... it's price came in from around $8 to $2.90. That's a plunge in my book, especially in a race like that.
    It can't have been just mug punters causing that, the stable must have thought she was flying.

thefalcon likes this post.