G'day Punter!

In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 49 Non Members

Comments

• thefalconthefalcon    19,949 posts
    i wouldn't be either..... X(
  • ThunderstruckThunderstruck    7,676 posts
    Not surprised but i suppose it's a bit controversial, they like a 3 y.o to start in the race(who was group 1 placed last start it isn't hopeless btw)so did Buckhurst deserve say Master Of Wine's spot?..i dont think so.
    Group 3 winner only so was always a risk to gain a start they would have known this.
  • Ridersonthestorm33Ridersonthestorm33    10,809 posts
    No chance all three of them thunder, will swim to Penguin Island if the three year old runs top 4 :O)
    Probably gets a stitch your right but he will roll along and make it genuinely run..and where does Ollie possie up? Stalk the 3yo or go back.... :-?

Master Of Wine probably up on speed too.

No chance all three of them thunder, will swim to Penguin Island if the three year old runs top 4 :O)

Hold up can't you walk to it on low tide? :))

Ridersonthestorm33 likes this post.

• Ridersonthestorm33Ridersonthestorm33    10,809 posts
    That's when I'll be going!

Three equal fave's now all at $5 with bet365....now for the roughie...25/1...she ran a good 4th in the race last year...then a meritorious 10th in the Melbourne Cup only beaten 3.25 lengths...if see replay her run is full of merit, came out a few days later in the McKinnon and went whooooosh in a great back up effort to win, beating a quality Melody Bell.

Her name - Magic Wand. 25/1...smokey.

Thunderstruck likes this post.

• Precision1Precision1    544 posts
    I know the Melbourne forecasts haven’t been exactly spot on lately but with the predicted rain Friday and Saturday and 18 races prior to the Cox Plate.  It’s likely to be a swamp by race time.  
    Yes the 2 meetings in consecutive days could be a real problem..and that place can be a punting graveyard in tricky conditions.

Hopefully at least Friday's rain misses the area.
    I see the owners on course at Moonee Valley idea has been canned, totally agree with that why would arguably affluent people cut a break when the battlers in general are still basically in concentration mode and locked up..dumb decision from the get go whoever approved it should slap the f out of themselves :D

I know the Melbourne forecasts haven’t been exactly spot on lately but with the predicted rain Friday and Saturday and 18 races prior to the Cox Plate.  It’s likely to be a swamp by race time.  

May change but as of tonite their predicting around 35mm to hit from mid evening Friday to Saturday 10am with nearly 30 mils between 1 and 7 am..if accurate, not good.
  • therealkramertherealkramer    8,008 posts
    edited October 2020

Nettoyer won't run top 4 either. I know she turned he form around last start and she IS a Doncaster winner but I wouldn't have been that upset if they left her out. Having said that, I'm not sure the 3yo, Grandslam is going as good as Shamus Award was before he was granted a start, albeit only becos Atlantic Jewel was scratched.

May change but as of tonite their predicting around 35mm to hit from mid evening Friday to Saturday 10am with nearly 30 mils between 1 and 7 am..if accurate, not good.
    They should've backed up with Verry Elleegant!  :)]

thefalcon likes this post.

edited October 2020

I see the owners on course at Moonee Valley idea has been canned, totally agree with that why would arguably affluent people cut a break when the battlers in general are still basically in concentration mode and locked up..dumb decision from the get go whoever approved it should slap the f out of themselves :D

Dunno about that. Who doesn't wanna see Bec Judd in that "Free Melbourne" white t shirt in pouring rain? She can burn her bra while she's at it, too @-) =P~ >:D<

jum, Manchild likes this post.

Thunderstruck likes this post.

Yeh saw that story, fair chance one will fail the vets tomorrow.
  • TheDivaTheDiva    13,246 posts
    Magic Wand out.... Buckhurst in... 

therealkramer likes this post.

edited October 2020
    Written Beauty...WOW she is one serious animal, gave me wood :\"> track record to boot..

And the Hawkes crew love Pikey which is great to see.
    Interesting observation, with no camera view when Pikey is talking who does he sound like ? Leyton Hewitt..absolute clone of his voice I reckon.

Pikey will nab the big one too on Dirty Work.
    I'll risk Trekking and Pippie who just gets a stitch and back William to go bang late.
    Too good the Doc ^:)^ Pikey gave the 3rd horse every possible.
    edited October 2020
    Word has it, you're a better chance of catching genital herpes from a nun than you are of catching Trekking. Seriously how has that horse won 10 races inc a Goodwood? Gytrash must've been feeling weaker than a vegan on a hunger strike that day.

Manchild likes this post.

I sacked Trekking after a piss weak 4th over here last year when it cost me a bucketload..the mike subsequently bent me over in Adelaide in the race you mentioned and in the last hop to boot.

Twice now including that fateful Winterbottom day I felt the Doc was overs and intended to save..twice now have NOT =((
  • The_BullThe_Bull    918 posts
    3 track records tonight. The weather forecast must have really frightened the bejesus out of the curator...

Thunderstruck, therealkramer likes this post.

Overnight and tomorrows rainfall unknown but when interviewed he thought even tomorrow will be ok maybe soft 5 to 6 at worst and could dry enough for maybe a good 4!
    Farkk I hope it's a 5 or 4 Arcadia Queen will give them some shit with even luck.
    Soft 7 and possibly deteriorating further :-q
    Could make for some upsets hope it doesn't bog out completely.

Did like Homesman but might be a query on a heavy track first up, class wise his last 2 resuming runs were super and he won at the t.c.d two back.

The Russian? :-? :-@
  • SLIPPERGOLDENSLIPPERGOLDEN    7,741 posts
    On international form and if handling conditions Armory should win this. Aspetar is also a big chance.
    edited October 2020
    Armory's worst recent runs were on rain affected tracks though @SLIPPERGOLDEN. I concede the horse has wet track form earlier in its career, though.

edited October 2020

The Russian? :-? :-@

Too obvious TRK? Idk about him, what sort of run is he going to get? Etc..apparently Sir Dragonet is a jet in the wet I'm wary of these euro's being good enough but maybe the track is a leveller.
    I could not back it but Humidor could run a race X_X
    Phew..that last 100 was slow as with Sovereign Award got there by enough.
    edited October 2020
    The wide barrier isn't the negative it may have been on a good track tho, and weren't they even talking about running RC in the Epsom Derby at one point? Technically, Russian Camelot is a 3yo being Nth Hemisphere bred, as is Armory