G'day Punter!

In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 16 Non Members

OAKS day 5.11.20

East Coast Racing
No spoils on the prices but imo the best two bets are in the last 2 races, the Sydney filly wins the Oaks and the highly promising Hawkes filly For Pikey also looks a banker shame their late in the day but winners are winners.

Going to have a small spec on Peter Moody's mare in R1 Perennial, she is big odds but may run ok and jag running into a drum..has form behind Ain'tnodeeldun 2 runs back although got her arse kicked.

R2 Fake Love can repeat, assume they will stick to the inside or close to it based on the straight races on Tuesday..a rail to follow will be helpful for these youngsters.
+1 -1

hash likes this post.

Comments

• H-BOMBERH-BOMBER    10,235 posts
    I like Vilanculos on the Oaks at $34. Was on in the Classic and will back up. Sure the toppie is good but leave me out of the 1.75.

Pikes last ride on Melbourne should be a winner, Written Beauty
  • jumjum    3,512 posts

I think the race maps really well for Personal. Oliver did not try an ounce on Saturday and the team have pretty much came out and said the same thing my eyes were telling me.

The Sydney Filly I think will come unstuck with the trip.

Written Beauty just wins <:-P

oldhendo, detonator likes this post.

• thefalconthefalcon    19,949 posts
    be a great farewell for willy. i wonder if he says "see you next year boys' to his mates in the jocks room.

Thunderstruck likes this post.

• ThunderstruckThunderstruck    7,676 posts
    edited November 2020
    The Hawkes team will already be discussing what date he will be over next spring it's a GIVEN.

Wayne Hawkes who heads up the Melbourne stable LOVES him like a brother from another mother.

jum likes this post.

• tonytony    2,361 posts
    He would have benefited in the fact that Dunn who is normally Hawkes' Melbourne jockey is injured
    Maybe so but given what he achieved highly likely he gets decent rides again..wouldnt come again next year anyway if Bob doesn't send a team over I'm guessing any other rides would be the cream on top.
  • jumjum    3,512 posts

Maybe so but given what he achieved highly likely he gets decent rides again..wouldnt come again next year anyway if Bob doesn't send a team over I'm guessing any other rides would be the cream on top.

Bob will send a team
  • thefalconthefalcon    19,949 posts
    sure will jum, did you cop the run of Superstorm in the eagle on saturday? sensational, the jock, Parr, said he'd have won it in another 100m.
    Bob will molly-coddle him, a short autumn campaign here and then on a plane, probably with a few we haven't seen yet. that guy sure has an arsenal...
    :-S

jum, Thunderstruck likes this post.

• jumjum    3,512 posts
    Massive run Falc. It might become the new Norm now for Pikey. 8 weeks springtime in Melbourne.

Thunderstruck likes this post.

especially as he can likely have his family come visit to some extent at least in the future why wouldn't you.

jum likes this post.