G'day Punter!

In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 34 Non Members
I know Bob is very conservative and she would more than deserve the break.........but.   If Arcadia Queen wins the McKinnon on Saturday which everyone I listen to on Racing.com is tipping and she travels back to WA well It would be hard to resist going again in the Kingston Town.  It would be little more than a track gallop to pick up another $600k or so.   $12 currently in futures.   

Comments

• H-BOMBERH-BOMBER    10,235 posts
    I'm on the 3yo Magical Dream. Bob is for use of a better word too conservative. I can't see any of his ES raiders being required for the carnival. He has the ammo already
  • ThunderstruckThunderstruck    7,676 posts
    Could win it for sure but imo she deserves a break whether she wins a 2nd group 1 on the weekend or not.

Reset for some Autumn features in March/April next year, assume she will go back then.
  • BlacksAFakeBlacksAFake    2,372 posts
    What about Superstorm,had a luckless prep and is absolutely flying imo ?
  • thefalconthefalcon    19,949 posts
    ^^ has a bit of an injury, is spelling.
    edited November 2020
    Great win, super mare =D> can go deep next autumn too if they want to go back(surely they do).

TRK prefaced it the other day..Arcadia Queen, Verry Elleegant, Addeybb..think he mentioned the Russian but he may struggle nonetheless some cracking autumn races.
    Also Tips me lid to Grant Williams who has represented Perth in outstanding fashion over in Melbourne, and not without a hiccup or three either.

Your a star mate ;)

Rex, thefalcon likes this post.

what a dominant gr1 win...a star mare! :-bd

Thunderstruck likes this post.

• Precision1Precision1    544 posts
    edited November 2020
    Gareth Parker asked Bob on Friday if she won easy today could she back up. He certainly didn’t poo poo it he just said there’s no flights back to make it happen.  With borders opening maybe that changes.  One thing is for sure, if she did run it would be a benefit race for her
    Why would you bother though? Already won it once should be chasing more real top level group 1s over east imo.

thefalcon likes this post.

• tonytony    2,361 posts
    Only possible reason to run would be $600,000 first prize
    But a stretch time wise to have a reasonable spell and reset for the autumn?
    Anyway I hope she has a rest and reckon Bob will go that way won't he?

• therealkramertherealkramer    8,008 posts

Great win, super mare =D> can go deep next autumn too if they want to go back(surely they do).

TRK prefaced it the other day..Arcadia Queen, Verry Elleegant, Addeybb..think he mentioned the Russian but he may struggle nonetheless some cracking autumn races.

Melody Belle is aiming towards those races, too-she's better at 1600m imo. Russian Camelot would be suited by a wet Autumn in Sydney and you'd be brave to suggest that won't eventuate. Sir Dragonet loves the sting out of the ground also.

• paraleticparaletic    3,750 posts
    edited November 2020

Gareth Parker asked Bob on Friday if she won easy today could she back up. He certainly didn’t poo poo it he just said there’s no flights back to make it happen.  With borders opening maybe that changes.  One thing is for sure, if she did run it would be a benefit race for her

Probably no point tbh. He has the winner of the railway/kt double with inspirational girl. Will also win the wbottom with stageman. So probably no point risking her after a mammoth prep when u have that man aces up the sleeve?

she'll go straight to Bobs farm for a good rest under the shady trees with good food and water.
    then she'll tell them when she wants to get under the saddle again.
  • LETSDOTHISLETSDOTHIS    298 posts
    She’ll go for a break and come back for a crack at the big autumn races over east

Melody Belle is aiming towards those races, too-she's better at 1600m imo. Russian Camelot would be suited by a wet Autumn in Sydney and you'd be brave to suggest that won't eventuate. Sir Dragonet loves the sting out of the ground also.

Yes Sir Dragonet too that's right.

I like Melody Belle she is a ripper BUT I think she may look like a group 3 horse against some of those.

Quite likely wet ground yes, hopefully not bog conditions I still think AQ is fine in Soft and as we know a few others go good in the wet too, hope they all line up.Race of the year!! Until they all hit the Cox Plate maybe...
  • hashhash    7,495 posts
    One less to worry about
  • FlandersFlanders    1,197 posts
    I just read that Material Man has been retired after the Railway.
    ^^ if he isn't injured you'd think they would have a throw at a million dollar stump...
    thefalcon said:

^^ if he isn't injured you'd think they would have a throw at a million dollar stump...

Pretty sure it was an old injury that flared up after the Railway
    very understanding of them not to pursue with an aggravated injury... :-B

edited November 2020
    Material Man certainly did a grand job over a long period
    He was a beauty alright hope he is very well cared for in retirement.

• therealkramertherealkramer    8,008 posts
    @Thunderstruck I don't know a lot about the owners but team Warwick seem like good horse people. I'm sure he'd have a home there if need be

Thunderstruck, thefalcon likes this post.

• Ridersonthestorm33Ridersonthestorm33    10,809 posts
    edited November 2020
    Liked the run of the other cerise and white in the Railway Truly Great fought on particularly well after tramping wide most of the race.

Uni Time can it repeat, not so certain.

Cup Night good effort just been coming up a little bit short of the best of them, but 5th was quite a nice run.

One thing not mentioned, am a bit of a hard taskmaster but thought a pretty average Railway, although as a astute trainer once said in relation to a weak Perth Cup - "have you ever tried to win one ? "

love to have a guess at the trainer, riders...sounds like something uncle abo would say...

Liked the run of the other cerise and white in the Railway Truly Great fought on particularly well after tramping wide most of the race.

Uni Time can it repeat, not so certain.

Cup Night good effort just been coming up a little bit short of the best of them, but 5th was quite a nice run.

One thing not mentioned, am a bit of a hard taskmaster but thought a pretty average Railway, although as a astute trainer once said in relation to a weak Perth Cup - "have you ever tried to win one ? "

I thought the same about the overall quality of the race beforehand but looking at the way the race was run and the overall time, that was a high-pressure test and a hard mile is about as tough as it gets. 

Ridersonthestorm33 likes this post.

flanders you have to remember the above carried 53kg and the KT will see them carry 59kg...i don't think either of them are wfa horses... :-B
    Maybe Falc. I'm already looking forward to the KT though, should be a good race with the 3yos injected into the mix. 

Thunderstruck, Ridersonthestorm33 likes this post.