G'day Punter!

In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 35 Non Members
NgawyniNgawyni    738 posts
edited November 2020 West Australian Racing
Pike to ride Trekking. Hey Doc not coming.

Comments

• thefalconthefalcon    19,949 posts
    hasn't Bob got a sneaky?
  • H-BOMBERH-BOMBER    10,235 posts
    This would suggest Kementari going the Railway

Stageman would be Bob's top hope
    with pike on trekking, who's on stageman?
  • GLAMOURGLAMOUR    677 posts
    thefalcon said:

with pike on trekking, who's on stageman?

I guess Chris Parnham

JimmyPop likes this post.

• FlandersFlanders    1,197 posts
    Brad Parnham goes for Elite Street or Indian Pacific?
  • NgawyniNgawyni    738 posts
    Elite Street no chance imo. Wins a 72+ with 56.5 and its $6.50 for the Winterbottom! 

Clearly a good horse but at this stage of its career will be lucky to get within 5 lengths of a horse like Trekking.

Thunderstruck, hash likes this post.

• ThunderstruckThunderstruck    7,676 posts
    edited November 2020
    Some of the all in prices are ridiculous.
    Stageman [-O<
    will need all your prayers, mike...but he does carry the dreaded cerise and white...

i'm going to do a bit of homework on vital silver.....

H-BOMBER likes this post.

• Buddy123Buddy123    208 posts
    Don’t think it will be sit n sprint..
    Red Can Man to make it a very strong 1200m..

Thunderstruck, thefalcon likes this post.

edited November 2020
    Buddy123 said:

Don’t think it will be sit n sprint..
    Red Can Man to make it a very strong 1200m..

Indian Pacific likes to roll too..and if Condor Heroes gets a run look out!!

I did my kahoneys on the fav last year, Pikey on is an advantage over the visiting jock but not sure I could go again..he is the class though and gate 11 suits better with Willie zooming down the centre off a cracking pace :-? Sure is short enough at the slightly weird price of 2.19...

@Falc I was a wrap on VS particularly 2 starts ago at Belmont thought he was quite disappointing that day, freshen up helps but I'm not sure he is quite as "on song" this spring as last year?

Trekking and Stageman look the ones the race will be set up for as likely backmarkers, is Celebrity Queen up to these two in ability I have doubts?
    IP will likely get a bit weary late.

Buddy123, thefalcon likes this post.

we punters are nuts...when/if the c&w colours salute..we'll chorus..."wtf, i shoulda...."
  • Ridersonthestorm33Ridersonthestorm33    10,809 posts
    You'd be brave backing Trekking at 10/9, the only thing braver would be backing something to beat him.

Like Stageman for a place but when he couldn't get past Mervyn that day hmmmm. Favourite on top but would be happy to lay a bit too.
  • Ridersonthestorm33Ridersonthestorm33    10,809 posts
    edited November 2020
    $2.19 is the Woolies price thunderstruck....I'll give you Coles odds of $2.49 as close to 6/4 as can get.

Without sounding like the prophet of doom, this ain't a strong Winterbottom, but doesn't matter it's winning that counts.

Been a bloody good horse this guy, ran well against better fields than this, thought was getting on a bit in years, like 8 or 9, see he's 11 goodness gracious - Rock Magic.

thefalcon, therealkramer likes this post.

i hate to say this but i think he's up to his ears in it...
    having said that, its one of those races that anything can win it..there are a few that are "clutterers".
  • therealkramertherealkramer    8,008 posts
    thefalcon said:

we punters are nuts...when/if the c&w colours salute..we'll chorus..."wtf, i shoulda...."

Inspirational Girl was backed off the map. I'd say not many missed her B-) :>
    Carocapo is scratched so that means Condor Heroes gets a run and Trekking gets his bunny :bz

Thunderstruck, jum likes this post.

@jum will be happy with the Condor engaged. Listening to Gangemi talk this AM you want to be backing Rocky and Condor on their work. Great race coming up

jum likes this post.

• jumjum    3,512 posts

@H-BOMBER most people in the state don't think he deserves a run in the Group 1 with his rating. And I tend to agree. But I will definitely take it.

He is the fittest they have ever been able to get him and think he will get the 1200. So for 100/1 here's hoping.

oldhendo, H-BOMBER likes this post.

At least you didn't have to scratch the stablemate to get in ;))

If he were to win, I couldn't imagine the celebrations

jum likes this post.

It looks like there aren't any excuses for Trekking now, but that's usually not conducive to him winning races. James Cummings talking him up as a more seasoned racehorse now but this is a horse that won the Stradbroke and is batting 2/12 since that G1 victory.
    edited November 2020
    Agree he was disappointing last year here got his arse kicked in running a mediocre 4th..slightly on the drift at Sportsbet but maybe opened too short at $2 was 2.30 last time I looked.

• Precision1Precision1    544 posts
    edited November 2020
    What are those 12 races though Kramer?  2 x Everests, winterbotton, Manikato, Stradbroke, T J Smith not like they’ve been picking their targets and he’s been squibbing it.    He could easily have picked off group 2 and 3 wfa races early in the carnivals but he’s fronted up to the big ones and Always been honest. 
    Correct @Precision1 7 'official' G1s & 2 'unofficial' G1s(Everest) but he was going just as good prior to the Winterbottom last year and he got beat. 
    Have to agree with @therealkramer here. I got seduced last year by Trekking and don't see much different this year. Willing to risk

thefalcon likes this post.

I agree he is a risk..but I see two things different W.Pike and the wide draw..don't know if they are enough but I don't wanna lose if he wins especially if he beats mine...Like he did in Adelaide f it.
    Plus I doubt these leaders will be sticking on and running 2 low 34 second splits like Hey Doc did.There could be a charge at the 125 the likes of we have rarely seen.

I'm leaning towards the mare Celebrity Queen keen enough to bet she can go to a new level, as one of quite a few who are going to need a cart into it maybe she gets on the back of a decent one possibly even Trekking or Stageman.
    I was on Gytrash in Adelaide but i was betting with Neds and was smart enough to use the extra head betting option so it was a win that really wasn't. Still dirty on Trekking for FINALLY showing up.The Bivouac/Classique Legend form is probably better than most in WA could ever dream of matching so it's just more a matter of getting the right price if i do give the poor man's Kementari another go.

jum likes this post.

• Buddy123Buddy123    208 posts
    Rock Magic smoked him last year.. think trekking likes a moderate speed then bang..this year maybe midfield run or later half of field tough from back there.
    Think they will go hell for leather this year.. set up for swooper though.. ha
    That's the thing about the wide barrier-there's no option but to go back to last or near enough and then it becomes a case of the jock judging the pace correctly. In the Goodwood, Trekking was able to settle closer on the rails and was absolutely bolting in the run. Managed to wear down Gytrash who had to get across from the wide barrier. Last start, he was struggling to keep up early and ran his usual teasing race which gifts him favouritism in the Winterbottom for the second straight year. He might be better than these but I don't really trust him so it's price dependent.

JimmyPop, thefalcon, oldhendo likes this post.