G'day Punter!

In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 16 Non Members
Weights out. Kementari, Material Man topweights with 58. Kay Cee 56. Red Can Man 53.5. Inspirational Girl 53. Race is 99+. 

A couple of anomalies. Gailo Chop appears to be 1kg light and Spiritual Warrior 0.5 kg light given their ratings. Gailo Chop's rating is 109, the same as Material Man and Kementari, yet he has 1 kg less than them. Spiritual Warrior's rating is 56, the same as Kay Cee, yet he has 0.5 kg less than her. 

Comments

• NgawyniNgawyni    738 posts
    Handicapper may also have missed Windstorm though it's not running. It's rating on the Rwy Stakes page is still showing as 82 which was before it won 2 in Melbourne. Its Victorian rating is now 100 which probably equates to 101-102 here. 
  • NgawyniNgawyni    738 posts
    edited November 2020
    Gailo Chop rating now adjusted to 107, Spiritual Warrior to 104 (down from105 without running) and Windstorm to 99 so now the ratings match the weights.
  • paraleticparaletic    3,750 posts
    Inspirational Girl with a 3kg drop on the only other chance being Kay Cee.... IG is home.
  • ChrisChris    5,218 posts
    Can’t win

thefalcon likes this post.

• GoddGodd    199 posts
    Kementari just wins

hash, SKIDS likes this post.

• thefalconthefalcon    19,949 posts
    para & godd...there is another (local) that has got under your guard...i'm staying schtum...
  • ThunderstruckThunderstruck    7,676 posts
    Interested to see who will ride Kementari, decent enough test for a nonny carrying 58.

El Falc's speculator could be anything but I'll take a stab at Platoon.

Tend to agree with Para they look the two, although the barriers will be of some significance..very impressed with the improvement of Kay Cee second up and Nifty reckons she will be airborne 3rd and 4th up.
    I don't think she is that badly off with 56 there are a few good up and comers who would ordinarily be getting more of a weight concession including Inspirational Girl who is rated 4.5kgs less but only gets 3.
  • detonatordetonator    4,360 posts
    I have done some extremely hard form analysis to find the winner of the Railway.
    Anyone that would give up a certain group 1 win at Flemington in a time honoured race worth $2,000,000 to ride in a race he has already won must be confident of getting the job done.
    Pike is an INSPIRATION and to give up the ride on his favourite GIRL......say no more.
    :D

Thunderstruck, Yankee likes this post.

Good point made there I agree.
    That was a real shame the timing didn't quite align with quarantine requirements having him miss that win..would have topped off a beaut spring for him in Melbourne plus the 60k in winning percentage would have been a nice stocking filler too.
  • RodentRodent    7,024 posts
    P. Carbery chose to ride 8yo Slideaway in the Railway over the 4yo Northerly so be careful reading too much into a jockey's thinking.
  • FlandersFlanders    1,197 posts
    Pikey had a run of choosing the wrong Cerise n White runner in the big ones for a while there. Was very dirty on himself too. Can't always get it right and it would've been bloody hard to make those decisions.
    I think his decision to miss that $2m race could be something he's gone over a few times in his mind while in quarantine, how could it not!?

Thunderstruck likes this post.

• TheDivaTheDiva    13,246 posts
    Barrier draw is tonight I assume? 
  • LETSDOTHISLETSDOTHIS    298 posts
    4.30 this arvo
  • SKIDSSKIDS    1,006 posts
    edited November 2020
    Brad Rawiller moving to WA permanently, can he kick it off with a bang?

i have to stick with the toppy..backed it last start...just a few bucks as its an open affair.
    don't think the mare, kay cee can win it on the weights..but i've been wrong before.
    that one of smithies that won on sat. is thrown in. into it up to his ears.
    there is only about 6 genuine chances..
    NO hope :))

Semi sticky draws for all the favoured runners and ones I like though they will come in 3 or 4 gates with the emergencies dropping out.

Going to be some sparks early with a couple of the likely leaders coming from near to or outside gates while Great Shot slots into his position A with Red Can Man who I assume will race on speed..then will Rawiller press on for the lead and will Joey let him do so and take the breeze? think they have to roll to the front or both risk getting posted.

Probably sets up perfectly for the swoopers which mare out of Kay Gee & Inspirational Girl will be stalking the other I wonder..
  • JimmyPopJimmyPop    316 posts
    Platoon looks to have had a perfect preparation. Placed last year and has only 53kg on his back.
    To my eye he looks to be a great each way chance, three wide with cover. 

thefalcon, FreoHitman, Chris likes this post.

• therealkramertherealkramer    8,008 posts
    edited November 2020

Probably sets up perfectly for the swoopers which mare out of Kay Gee & Inspirational Girl will be stalking the other I wonder..

Agree with this, unless Too Close The Sun can steal it-53kgs on the front end is not impossible. Best ride wins this imo-the speed should help Kay Cee if she can be ridden cold, otherwise you'd think the impost could bring about her downfall. Inspirational Girl will get back and get home hard-should be able to get the back of something rather than waiting on a miracle run like Elite Belle('14)
  • spinkingspinking    3,737 posts
    Deto dont think W.Pike gave up the ride on his favourite girl, more of a case i think that BP told him to get back to WA in time for the railway. in which i will think he will be hard to beat

• silkysilky    342 posts
    With even luck in running KC and IG to use their superior turn of foot and run and run 1-2

Thunderstruck, Yankee likes this post.

i wonder if Bob gave Willy, from the bottom of his heart, the 60k winning riders cop?
    IF he directed he come back for Railway day then he bloody should of out of his 1.020 million bucks cheque but I have zero idea of their arrangement.
  • FlandersFlanders    1,197 posts

IF he directed he come back for Railway day then he bloody should of out of his 1.020 million bucks cheque but I have zero idea of their arrangement.

He doesn't sling so I think handing over some of his % is out of the question
    spinking said:

Deto dont think W.Pike gave up the ride on his favourite girl, more of a case i think that BP told him to get back to WA in time for the railway. in which i will think he will be hard to beat

Yes Spin. I was telling someone today that Pikes employer aka BP probably told him to come home.
    Possibly a gentleman’s agreement with Currie to split the riding fees. What jockey wouldn’t pass up a $30,000 cheque for a 2 minute ride and have another group 1 on the cv.
    Doesn’t change my opinion of IG,s chances. I will be on. 
    Do I take the $3.70 now or wait ???
    wait!! :-B

detonator likes this post.

• H-BOMBERH-BOMBER    10,235 posts
    JimmyPop said:

Platoon looks to have had a perfect preparation. Placed last year and has only 53kg on his back.

To my eye he looks to be a great each way chance, three wide with cover. 

I've been on all way through. Have an all in ticket at $16. Think he is in it up to his ears

thefalcon said:

Will you make up the difference if my price goes Falc ?  ;)
  • thefalcon said:

i wonder if Bob gave Willy, from the bottom of his heart, the 60k winning riders cop?

Sorry Falcon but that’s hilarious

TheDiva, thefalcon, paraletic likes this post.

detonator said:

thefalcon said:

Will you make up the difference if my price goes Falc ?  ;)

3.80 or 4.40 boosted on Sports Bet now..their boost is as good or better than most i would guess.
    Is 3.20 out to 3.70 with Tabtouch so I doubt she firms from the current price may in fact drift a bit more?
    Too Close The Sun is in a point to $6 I see, Kay Cee at $6 also looks a touch of value.