G'day Punter!

In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 27 Non Members
R1- NO SURRENDER looked to relish the wet track and step back in trip last start. Was bustled out the gates to lead and continued to find in the straight to hold Testing Love who looks to have ability. Prior to that led over 1600 and split Chiclett and Outback Jack who are both handy. Gets another wet track here and again should find a spot near the lead on the backup.

R2- MISS LIVINIA only battled away on debut but was in a strong Saturday 3yo contest. But did finish within 5L of Madam Torio in a race that contained Starfield Impact and Excerpt which looks nice form for a maiden. Her trials prior to the run were good from back in the field but showed versatility when sitting close in her race run. From the wide draw Parnham will likely ride her how she jumps in this field she may find herself in the breeze which would be a nice spot.

R3- REGAL CITY is a big horse with a bit of raw talent and will only get better with experience. He ran second at his only start early this year when he had no idea what he was doing, leading and rolling off on the turn and grinding to the line. He looked better in the recent trial when rolling along in front and finding when placed under pressure to run good time. Should be able to find the lead in this field provided he gets a clean jump and make himself hard to catch.

R4- SHOWADDYWADDY has been getting better and better as the distances increase and finally gets to a staying trip. Had been grinding away to the line at her first three starts this prep but really ran through the line last start when getting to 1800. Sat deep the trip and kept coming behind subsequent Saturday winner Treasured Crown. She should be better again at 2200 and looks like getting a soft run midfield from barrier two.

R5- ALL DAY SESSION is a massive class dropper here having resumed behind Chantorque and Charleton Eddie. Sat just behind that pair in a small field but didn’t have the turn of foot to match them off a slow speed and was a good effort. Now finds himself in a class one as a Saturday winner beating Madam Torio which looks top form. Should be able to find cover just off the speed from the middle gate and the blinkers on should give him a bit more zip.

R6- Best Bet: DAD’S BIGHEADED didn’t seem to appreciate sitting close first up when looking very plain after a nice trial. However he was able to show a return to his best when sitting back and hitting the line hard over 1200 second up. He continued to improve throughout his first prep so expect him to keep getting better with each run again and out to 1400 third up looks perfect for him. The wide gate should allow him to drop back find cover and build into the race on the bend.

R7- SNIPPIRANHA didn’t have a lot go right first up when hitting itself on the gate going onto the course and over racing early. Wasn’t beaten far and finished the race off okay from the back of the field to suggest she can improve second up out to 1400 against her own sex. Gets what has become Justin Warwick’s standard gear change to winkers and ear muffs on instead of blinkers which should help her settle in the run. From the wide gate suspect they may go forward up in trip which looks more suitable to her.

R8- MASQUERADE has been closing powerfully in strong 66+ races and drops back to a 0MWLY for the first time this prep. Last time he was in this grade he went within a nose of winning and he is coming in with better form this time around. First up finished within 2L of Long Beach and last start got home well out wide on a day where the fence was the place to be. Doesn’t have to get too far back from six in a big field and will just need some cover to go close.

Comments

• GoddGodd    199 posts
    R4- showaddywaddy
    Into
    R8- masquerade
  • ThunderstruckThunderstruck    7,676 posts
    Are Soft conditions likely? Assuming so which should suit Miss Maranta in R4, she can go back to back now having cracked her maiden.Laq Ramoly is in decent nick of late steering home doubles at two of his last three Ascot meetings.

R5 Excerpt was a forgive run last time if he jumps on terms and Ponty stalks midfield with cover he runs over them late.Has ability but still has his nuts, which is probably why he has only won 1 race :D

A speculator bet in R6 on Shoes Of Ekraar 2nd up, should race on speed and give a sight with a noted front running jockey on.Wary of Train's tip who i think Is a decent galloper and could get it run to suit his get back run on style..

The nonny Snippy Miss is a chance in R7 maybe moreso to place but could also be Laq's "double" horse as she is overdue, ran some terrific 1400m races last prep and should have won one of them too.
    Due to this race being at the same track and distance is the main reason I'll gamble on her..was just ok 2nd up and could have been half a run short going from 1000 to 1300 but this run is a query I concede.
  • H-BOMBERH-BOMBER    10,235 posts
    Dads Bigheaded and I'm Pretty the two for me.
  • hashhash    7,495 posts
    Every week Wakan Tanka seems to be supported as soon as the markets open and it’s been backed again... expect it to get a mention in Scott Embry‘s preview this morning on racing radio
  • spinkingspinking    3,737 posts
    Was on Dads bighearted last start at $21. If it gets to the outside think it would have won. Said after the race it will be $5 next start. I was wrong currently $4
  • thefalconthefalcon    19,949 posts
    i found it hard to identify many horses going around today.
    my cue is in the rack...
  • ThunderstruckThunderstruck    7,676 posts

A speculator bet in R6 on Shoes Of Ekraar 2nd up, should race on speed and give a sight with a noted front running jockey on.Wary of Train's tip who i think Is a decent galloper and could get it run to suit his get back run on style..

Shoes Of Ekraar's full brother just won the 3rd race at $40 on the tote @-)
    I say it every meeting lately, my man Brad Parnham absolutely killing it again.

Easy to say now I guess, but only the 4 rides today, a unit each way on his first 3 have grossed 31.9 back with Wakan Tanka to come at around $15. What ever happens its a good day. 
    ;))
  • TheSwooperTheSwooper    1,717 posts
    Makes one wonder why it has taken the stable so long to put it over the 1400m again. Good day for the Parnhams.
  • paraleticparaletic    3,750 posts
    Harvey gave that one every hope
  • SLIPPERGOLDENSLIPPERGOLDEN    7,741 posts
    edited November 2020
    In the last... Rosebush to win with a saver on More Aces
  • thefalconthefalcon    19,949 posts
    pricked by a thorn there mate...
  • SLIPPERGOLDENSLIPPERGOLDEN    7,741 posts
    Didn't race kindly enough in the early part of the straight. Had it for a nice result with Lollipop but fortunately still a nice all up place.