10 Perfect Major
11 Convert Denario
12 Galactic Star

Emergencies
Braeview Bondi
Stroke Of Luck

Comments

• ChariotsonfireChariotsonfire    2,829 posts
    The random barrier draw has been kind for a change and we are set for a great contest.

Offthebit, JayJay, cisco, thefalcon, VillageKid likes this post.

• JayJayJayJay    7,628 posts
    27 final acceptors apparently, very very difficult call but are OJJ,  BP and even Vultan Tin fortunate to get a run? Don't know whether Too Fast Too Serious was a final acceptor but he would have added interest.

Cant_Refuse dislikes this post.

FFA form is usually the criteria for selection JayJay and Perfect Major rolled the dice and secured a berth.

TFTS would have had this option and connections elected not to have a throw at the stumps.

I agree that he could well have been the X factor but we still have an outstanding contest.

If Markovina gets excited about the race they have achieved a great result.

JayJay, VillageKid likes this post.

• MarkovinaMarkovina    2,888 posts
    JayJay said:

1 Bletchley Park
    2 Mighty Conqueror
    3 Shockwave
    4 Vampiro
    5 Jack Farthing
    6 Chicago Bull
    7 Our Jimmy Johnstone
    8 Vultan Tin
    9 Ocean Ridge
    10 Perfect Major
    11 Convert Denario
    12 Galactic Star

Emergencies
    Braeview Bondi
    Stroke Of Luck
    I dont follow the form - but are there any horses on the front line ( excluding the 2 favourites ) who can fly the gate at the start - might make things interesting 

Thats why i was critical of DeCampos drive - reason when Woodleys horse crossed the Bull - if Shockwave had come out hard then it would have been in the running line - and there might have been an opportunity   for Shockwave to cross - re Woodley handing up - with the Bull on the pegs 

But that scenario was totally eliminated when DeCampo did nothing at the start 
    Yes, I agree....will we get even money The Bull?
    Vampiro will come out humming, Bletchley Park should hand up, Shockwave to the breeze and you would think Bull would have to go forward,what does Mighty Conqueror do? Very interesting scenario.

Markovina likes this post.

• thefalconthefalcon    19,949 posts
    Good God, the bull didn't draw 1 or 2..... :-??

FFA form is usually the criteria for selection JayJay and Perfect Major rolled the dice and secured a berth.

TFTS would have had this option and connections elected not to have a throw at the stumps.

I agree that he could well have been the X factor but we still have an outstanding contest.

If Markovina gets excited about the race they have achieved a great result.
    No - im not anti GP - and we had 2 races over the weekend which were at least interesting  - because 2 drivers showed initative from gate 9 and gate 7 

And at other tracks like Albion Park and Melton - that is the norm - horses can be drawn the carpark - and the drivers turn the handle bars down and have a real red hot crack for the lead - i find that exciting 

Where as GP the no 1 will lead uncontested race after race - the 10 will follow it - the 11 will duck 3 pegs - and the 12 will go 4 pegs - rinse and repeat 
    Chicago Bull and Shockwave opened $2.30 with Tabcorp.

$2.50 and $3.50 available with one of the corporates.
    $2.50 each of two with Tabtouch.
    Apologies $3.50 Shockwave is for Pacing Cup.
    I have got no idea of the form 

However Tab.com $2.40 each of 2 

Mighty Conqueror $4  Vampiro $15 and Galactic Star $21 - forget the rest 

Thus Mighty Conqueror must have a serious chance of winning
  • AbbysAceAbbysAce    560 posts
    edited November 2020
    Markovina said:

When has any driver ran the gate at Melton?

Oh thats right, a driver does when its pre-arranged the front is there. Otherwise rare as hens teeth.

• freodockersfreodockers    2,667 posts
    There is a god!!
    Thank Christ CB didn’t draw 1.
    And Bondies didn’t draw 1-5.
    AbbysAce said:

Markovina said:

When has any driver ran the gate at Melton?

Oh thats right, a driver does when its pre-arranged the front is there. Otherwise rare as hens teeth.

Well that is just factually wrong 

Try last Sat night  - races 6 10 and 11 - the 6 and 7 horses ( outside 2 on front line ) flew the gate - and were  one/two in each of those 3 races
    Crowd will be interesting after last Friday nights fiasco....hopefully a lot of people forgive and forget and give this race the respect it deserves.

VillageKid likes this post.

• Ivorytrunkey86Ivorytrunkey86    204 posts
    26 degrees and sun shining perfect weather,I’ll be dragging the family up there for sure
  • KTQKTQ    319 posts
    How did Jack Farthing and Bletchley Park get a start.
    KTQ said:

How did Jack Farthing and Bletchley Park get a start.

Probably because they have been racing competitively in fast class whereas others with good form have elected not to do so.

Cant_Refuse likes this post.

• MorganJamesMorganJames    173 posts
    You are so ignorant KTQ to make a comment based on no foundation at all.
    Pull up harness.org and have a look at 
    Bletchley Park and Jack Farthings last few starts 

Blectchley park has won a FFA 6 starts back
    2nd in a FFA
    2nd in Navy Cup 
    4th in the Mount Eden sprint.

Jack Farthing
    Won 3 starts back 
    3rd in the howard porter behind bull and shockwave

Hard to leave those 2 out i would think

Cant_Refuse likes this post.

Perhaps a little harsh MJ. I was not as brutal as you.
    Just looking at the classes for the final field the only one that may feel aggrieved would be Stroke of Luck owners as a L15 compared to Perfect Major as a L11.

I am fairly certain that the trainer is happy with the selection though.
    West Australian today.
    No mention of Fremantle Cup, no mention of CB or Shockwave clash.
    What do we get ?? A story and photo of Chris Voak on pride week.
    It’s official RWWA have lost the plot and have no f$@&ing idea.
    RWWA spokesman Matthew Thomas says it is fantastic to see the Racing Industry coming together in solidarity and to exemplify inclusivity. Fair enough, can't argue with that sentiment.

But it is Fremantle Cup week and I would have thought an announcement from RWWA about the race reverting to a 2900m standing start so that the history of great champions like Daintys Daughter (24 yrds), Royal Force (20m), Pure Steel (35m), Whitbys Miss Penny (10m), Havago (10m), Another Party (20m), The Falcon Strike (20m) and I'mthemighty Quinn (10m) may be replicated and attract patrons back to the track for a true handicap, rather than the race being a prelude to the WA Pacing Cup.

Perhaps tomorrow may have some coverage of the clash between Bully and Shockwave (and others....you never know, a war may erupt and a swooper may be smiling at the 400m) and perhaps a promotion of some type from the GP club and sponsor Retravision....every entry ticket into the barrel for a fridge and tellie package.....or a free pint or something. I don't think an on course singer and a free bouncy castle cut the mustard amongst the millennials any more. Are the days of cross code promotion gone... every Railway Stakes ticket holder free entry to the Pacing Cup??.....just thinking out loud but SOMETHING, please, before the venue becomes completely obsolete and unviable and the fiddlers are replaced by bulldozers.
    Problem is JJ they don’t even understand an opportunity to promote the industry when it is staring them in the face.
    The way the barrier draw has panned out this could be the best race we have seen for some time CB and Shockwave.
    Absolutely no attempt to promote it by RWWA.
    Either they are completely stupid and have absolutely no idea or they just don’t care.
    And don’t tell me it’s been on racing radio.
    What joe blow from the general public listens to that.
    Get Millsy to promote it on 6PR ffs, do something, do what your paid to do.

JayJay likes this post.

• VillageKidVillageKid    2,275 posts
    edited November 2020
    RWWA are far too busy pumping up what is an ordinary Railway Stakes field to even notice the Fremantle Cup is on.
    As for GPHR probably in damage control after last weeks track fiasco!
  • tonytony    2,361 posts
    An ordinary Railway field which will attract 9 or 10 times the betting as the Fremantle Cup.
  • PictureSon1973PictureSon1973    138 posts
    Come On Tony if you want to compare apples with apples how does the Railway Stakes compare
    to E/States G 1 Turnover ?
    I stand to be corrected but I would suspect poorly.
    WA Harness is a far cry of where I believe we all think it should be Turnover Included but let’s not
    fool ourselves our 2 Horse Codes aren’t performing greatly compared to our E/State Counterparts.
    If you take emotion out of the equation I believe that you may possibly agree.

freodockers, VillageKid likes this post.

Ok -its time to put up your tips for the big Fremantle Cup 

Now im not really sharp on the recent form- so ive afforded myself by watching some replays 

I watched last years or the previous running of the Freo Cup - Vampiro drew gate 9 - and led on its ear - and ran a mighty  race - led and ran 2nd beaten a head in a very  slick 1.54 for the 12 and a half furlongs - interesting Shockwave was the $3.20 fav - drew the no 2 marble and walked out of the gates 

Thus i see CD Brown coming out - all guns a blazing - who is a lead or nothing horse - and i think he will go for the lead even it takes him 400-500 metres . Now the no 2 horse ( stablemate ) will definitely hand up to Brown - but  its got to find the pegs 1st - Lindsay might have as say in that 

Now onto Chicago Bull and Shockwave - now the Bull tiny horse - a bit like Courage Under Fire in that regard - but its got a big motor - the race tactics between those 2 will be extremely interesting - and they will both look the winner at some stage - however if Brown is in front and rolling along and truly run - that to me says - big races at GP - - 3 or 4 back the pegs minding your own business is a great spot to be 

So thats my scenario - and the horse who will be in that sniper position  is Perfect Major - and i really liked its run last Sunday - in the breeze - home in 53.9 - terrific run - it gutsed it out right to the line

So hopefully Voaky has adjusted his goggles pre race - and it gets the right splits in the last lap- and it will be pelting home

So that is my tip- Perfect Major - i think it will blow out to about 40-1 fixed - and i will be having something on it e/w 
  • AbbysAceAbbysAce    560 posts
    Have you heard the ad on racing radio promoting harness racing this week?

Fireworks night December 4

I will say no more