G'day Punter!

In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 35 Non Members
R1- SON SON has been getting better with each run and looks to have his share of talent. Hit the line hard two back when splitting GHOBELLA and NO SURRENDER who he meets again here but with weight swings in his favour. He showed versatility last when leading and kicking away from his rivals in a small but handy field. From the draw can sit handy to the speed again here and can make himself hard to beat.

R2- WILCHINO knows how to trial the house down but has yet to replicate the performances race day. Bars on was a big concern regarding her soundness but that has since been rectified and the stable has been patient so she must be showing something. Did it easy in her recent trial beating a subsequent winner in slick time and spacing third. Her race runs haven’t been bad but if she brings her A game she should be able to get across and kick away on the turn.

R3- GINGER FLYER had the blinkers come off at the back end of her last prep which really looked to help her settle in her races. Was ultra consistent throughout that prep and was unplaced just once in the Belmont Oaks when she didn’t look to get the trip. She looks really well placed in class one grade after the claim and is a very push button horse who can jump, lead and give a kick into the turn. Should lead pretty cheaply in this field and appreciate getting back to Ascot.

R4- WESTERN RYTHYM has put in some contrasting runs this campaign but her best would see her very hard to beat. Was super first up when weaving through and flashing for second over 1200 before flopping on a bog track when never looking comfortable. Last start in the Westspeed Final had nowhere to go at the top of the straight when last on the fence but worked home nicely. Pike on, out to 1600 and dropping back to class three company are big positives here.

R5- Best Bet: NUHAD is more than good enough to win a class one having finished within 4L of Clairvoyance and this looks her best chance yet. Finished behind stablemate American Choice three back over 1300 who has gone on to win again before struggling in the Burgess Queen. Last start was forced to sit three wide on speed behind a smart one in Shape Shifter and never gave up. Should hold the lead from three and gets a tongue tie added to her gear.

R6- BELLA’S IDOL was forced to work hard into the turn out of the straight when going forward last start and fading late. Is backing up out of last Saturday and dropping back to 1800 so suspect the plan may be to come out running from the outside and break their hearts. Was a strong win at Bunbury two back when racing off eight days and gets in well with 59.5kg after the claim. Should be approaching peak fitness and strikes a moderate field.

R7- SHAPE SHIFTER went forward last start and just kept going to win beating a handy class one field. Has always looked a nice type of horse and can continue through the grades here in what looks like being a fast run affair. That should suit her as she looks a better horse when allowed to run on. From the middle draw she can sit midfield and should be able to find some cover to allow her to finish off strongly. Rawiller replaces Hefel which can only improve her chances further.
+1 -1

Gilgamesh likes this post.

Comments

• JimmyPopJimmyPop    316 posts
    Any news on the Chloe Azzopardi case.
  • thefalconthefalcon    19,949 posts
    would you call it a "case"? its an injury i understand.

JimmyPop likes this post.

• spinkingspinking    3,737 posts
    But more than a injury I think
  • hashhash    7,495 posts
    What happened to her? Excuse my ignorance
  • GLAMOURGLAMOUR    677 posts
    Of what i heard its a knee injury,as i noticed she aint back riding at trials yet,its a bugger as she had made so much headway since she returned from her break away from racing..
  • FlandersFlanders    1,197 posts
    I thought she broke a bone in her leg
  • GLAMOURGLAMOUR    677 posts
    Flanders said:

I thought she broke a bone in her leg

You vould be right there, i might have miss read it,or miss heard it.lets hope she is up and going again shortly,drfinately a lck of top vlass apprentices around even though she is down to 1.5 claim
  • ManchildManchild    679 posts
    Could be another reason.....
  • TheDivaTheDiva    13,246 posts
    you have to wonder... 
    for the second race in a row... (son son and then heels a plenty) kicked up an almost held the lead. Half way through the race, they hand up. Both narrowly beaten.... by the horse they allowed to cross them with only 600m to run. 
    I just dont understand it. 
    :-??
  • H-BOMBERH-BOMBER    10,235 posts
    Are we sure Heels a Plenty got beaten there? :((

Ive had each way all up doubles and trebles 5 units
    No Surrender
    Heels A Plenty 
    Doowahdiddy

[-O<

Late quaddie

2-4-5
    3-9-12
    1-4-5-8-10-11
    2-7-8-14
    was on course..with about 4 others....yep HaP was beaten, hardly a photo call.
    i had choice bid in it...9's into about 5's..didn't give a squeak...
    >:P
    no more chaff burners for me....might look for another Quick Jagger....
    Gee whiz, if you arent in front on the corner then forget about it.

Seems as though "They knew" today with My fair ballentine. 
    Last 3 stick with the same colours

Gunmetal Grey
    Lollipop Lane
    Shapeshifter
    yeah, "they" knew about choice bid...9's to 4's on fixed... X(
  • ElitistElitist    365 posts
    The dogs were barking... Chloe 6 month suspension
  • detonatordetonator    4,360 posts
    For ???
  • tonytony    2,361 posts
    edited December 2020
    Prohibited substance
  • RexRex    397 posts

Apprentice Chloe Azzopardi has been suspended for six months after testing positive to a banned substance on November 5.

Stewards requested a sample from Azzopardi, 23, after she rode track work at Ascot.

The suspension was backdated to November 27, which was when the results of the sample were reported to stewards and when Azzopardi was stood down from riding.

She hasn’t ridden since November 14 because of a minor leg fracture.

Stewards took into account Azzopardi’s unblemished record, the seriousness of the offence, the banned substance that was detected, Azzopardi’s guilty plea and personal circumstances and the precedent of penalty for similar offences.

One of WA’s leading apprentices, Azzopardi rode the biggest winner of her career when guiding Valour Road to victory in the Group 3 Prince Of Wales Stakes at Ascot on October 31.

She has ridden 140 winners and finished second behind Jade McNaught in last season’s metropolitan apprentices’ premiership.

If she provides clear samples and completes counselling, she will be able to return to track work and trials during the next six months.

“On the provision of a clear sample and attendance with a RWWA approved counsellor, Ms Azzopardi would be permitted to undertake duties of a stablehand,” a RWWA statement said.

“Following a period of two months (as of January 26) and provision of a further clear sample and compliance with any recommendations with respect to further counselling, Ms Azzopardi would be permitted to undertake trackwork. 

“Following a further period of two months (as of 26 March 2021) and subject to compliance with any requirements of the stewards with respect to provision of further clear samples, Ms Azzopardi would be permitted to ride in official trials. 

“On the condition that all above requirements were complied with, the stewards would upon written request, which includes a report from Ms Azzopardi’s counsellor and reference from her licensed employer, consider permanently staying the final month of her period of suspension, thus enabling her to return to race riding as an apprentice jockey from 26 April 2021.”

Stewards also have the power to direct Azzopardi to provide a sample at any time during the suspension.

If she fails to provide one, any stay of penalty will cease and the suspension will apply in full.

when will these young people ever learn. she'd not have had "it" on her own so someone has dodged a bullet....
    Gee, do all indesretions have to go through all this upon return.
  • JimmyPopJimmyPop    316 posts
    Meth is a filthy drug.
    Darren McAulley has been calling her "Smoking Chloe" of late. 
    Where there's smoke....
    ....and tattoos there is a sign of a problem....
    i can't believe darren calling her that...its just not him.
  • paraleticparaletic    3,750 posts
    How do we know its meth? Could be a number of things. She seems a lovely person, hopefully she gets on the straight and narrow.
    hope its only the green stuff...
    just remembered, darren calls her brother "smokin' joe", so its probably natural he calls his sister the same.
    no bad intentions, thats for sure...
    thefalcon said:

....and tattoos there is a sign of a problem....

i can't believe darren calling her that...its just not him.

i was only joking Falc. I am certain he was just doing it in reference to her bro
  • spinkingspinking    3,737 posts
    Once upon a time the stewards did say what the banned substance was.Falcon surely your not serious (and tattoos there is a sign of a problem) . If so one of the more absurd generalisations I have heard.
  • hashhash    7,495 posts
    Calm down boomer
  • detonatordetonator    4,360 posts
    edited December 2020

The stewards probably have a policy to not name the substance but it doesn't stop people talking about it and the word is that it was a positive to meth.
    Why someone would be going down that path in Chloe's situation is unbelievable. She recently had her biggest race win aboard Valour Road and now look at her! She's always come across like a switched on young lady so its not like you didn't know what the stuff does or how addictive it is. Baffling!!!

GLAMOUR, oldhendo likes this post.