G'day Punter!

In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 27 Non Members

AFL 2021

Sport
detonatordetonator    4,360 posts
See the Eagles were dealt a brutal first 6 weeks of the season.
And is Sydney Stacks immediate AFL career over ??

Comments

• oldhendooldhendo    763 posts
    No
    Yes.
  • detonatordetonator    4,360 posts
    edited December 2020
    Merry Xmas to you old hendo.
    Look forward to sparring with you again in 2021.
    Seems the wheels are falling off at your club. 
    Eddie wants out.
    Bucks wants out of his marriage.
    Treloar was forced out.
    Harry O Brien wants the truth to come out.
    And Darcy Moore is about to come out....of the closet. 
    =))

Manchild, spinking likes this post.

• oldhendooldhendo    763 posts
    Yeah Merry Christmas young fella, lets hope we have a better season in front of us.
  • spinkingspinking    3,738 posts
    Boxing day test has not even started and talking footy already only the diehards, Deto your funniest post to date above
    After the picture in todays paper S.Stack will be happy he has to qurantine in his own cell for the next two weeks . If Richmond dont cut him loose after this something wrong 
    spinking said:

Boxing day test has not even started and talking footy already only the diehards, Deto your funniest post to date above

Thanks Spin. I do my best to inject a bit of humour every now and then.
    And all I want for Xmas is for Willie to get a two year ban back dated to September 2019.
  • ChariotsonfireChariotsonfire    2,829 posts
    Amidst Donald Trumps wide range of pardons some one tweeted "Breaking News Trump has pardoned Andrew Gaff".

Gilgamesh likes this post.

• thefalconthefalcon    19,949 posts
    ^^ =))
  • MarkovinaMarkovina    2,889 posts
    Just put  $150 on Fremantle @ $4  to make the top 8 next year - of course in true fashion had to have the bet on TAB.Com - because TabTouch have only got them at $3.60

Not a Freo supporter ( but i like to see them do well ) but im bullish on their prospects in 2021 - very impressed with their coach JL - hes got a ruthless streak in him - if their not fully committed ( Hogan ) or if their not good enough ( McCarthy ) he just gets rid of them 

They had alot of injuries last year ( and still did quite well ) Joel Hamling - look he is no Gary Malarkey - but he is in the same mould - a true defender and a terrific spoiler - that frees up Luke Ryan ( BF winner ) who is that good - got all the skills in the book - he could play on ball or CHF - plus they had another big tall defender out all year - he comes back in as well 

Serong ( for a kid who had played about 5 games - that performance on Dangerfield was outstanding ) - and he looks a real mature type - so i dont think he will have the dreaded 2nd year Blues

Making the 8 is no big deal - i mean teams like Pt Adel and StK are as flakey/brittle as hell and unreliable - they could finish 12/13th next year and you wouldnt be surprised 

Tigers to win  the Flag and Fremantle ( and backed ) to make the 8 in the upcoming season - there my 2 tips

So come on the heave ho - thats how their song goes isnt it -i will be riding every kick of the Dockers this season  - hah 

Thunderstruck, Manchild likes this post.

Barring any unforeseen disaster like .....COVID, Fremantle should make the eight.
    I too am a fan of Longmuir and I love the coaching acquisition of Matthew Boyd.
    But unfortunately those two blokes won’t be part of any starting 22 ie contributing on the field.
    Reckon Fremantle could be a good bet in a lot of head to head matches this year. 
    Now that “Ross the Boss” has gone Fremantle are actually worth watching.

Thunderstruck likes this post.

• ThunderstruckThunderstruck    7,676 posts
    train has left the station i know but their 4.50 on Sportsbet Marko, i tend to agree with you and have followed you in :D as they are pretty good odds and he does look to be on the right path JL.
    See Jonathon Patton is in the news for all the wrong reasons.
    What he did was unacceptable.
    But when your an AFL footballer it is 100 times worse....apparently. 
    Getting more media coverage than than that “meth head”  truck driver who ran thru the traffic lights and killed that innocent woman in Forrestdale.
    B-)
  • ThunderstruckThunderstruck    7,676 posts
    Spot on DET yep they get a rough deal, there is also an NRL guy Mitchell Pearce who is a prized dickhead granted, got caught up in a sexting scandal with a club employee last week..ONLY problem is he was due to get married a week later.Low act but this happens dozens of times per day in society, but if its a sport's/footy star in particular an everyday occurrence it becomes massive news,,what BS

Patton has gone into intensive mental health treatment correct? not condoning what he has allegedly done but is he not innocent until proven guilty? the media are vermon mostly, sensationalist trashmongers :-q

detonator, RIO, thefalcon likes this post.

• JayJayJayJay    7,629 posts
    Slow day, animals fed and watered, mask on etc......So up pops McGuire with his response to the independent report revealing institutionalised racism at his football club:

Club president Eddie McGuire has labelled this "a historic and proud day
    for the Collingwood Football Club" in the wake of the release of a
    report which found the club was guilty of "distinct and egregious"
    systemic racism and called for sweeping structural change.

"We have spent the last six years in a deep dive into
    how we can make ourselves better, provide leadership and conversation in
    the community as only Collingwood can," McGuire said.

"We have decided as a club that this fight against racism and discrimination is where we want to be.

"We make mistakes, we learn, we strive to be better.

"We
    commissioned this report not to pay lip services to a worldwide
    tragedy, but to lay the foundations for our game, our people and our
    community."

Honors degree first class in spin doctoring.

detonator, VillageKid likes this post.

Eddie is the master of deflecting the issue at hand.
    This happened under your watch Eddie.
    We make mistakes, we learn and we get better. One line and the rest is all about how Collingwood are raising the issue, addressing it, making a stand blah blah.
    Two words Eddie that will remain with you forever....KING KONG !!!
    I know racism is a shocking thing 

However i must say of attending alot of VFL/AFL games and WAFL games ( when it was the no 1 comp in WA ) i never once heard any racism - from over the fence at any of those games 

It must have happened - but i never heard any 

But it must happen - because i read recently that Jetta the ex Swans/Eagle player attended Gloucester Park on New Years Eve and got racially abused  - and it  was constant all night  apparently 

I must have attended different games than you did Marko......Sydney Jackson was a childhood hero of mine and he ran the vilest racial gauntlet week in week out when playing for both East Perth and Carlton. Same for iconic players like Bill Dempsey, Graham Farmer and many, many  others......it was open slather in the outer, especially if their team was losing, and the culprits were egged on with laughter and acknowledgement. I remember clearly what was said about them, all based on their colour. It was and remains a dreadful reminder of the deplorable attitudes of the day. Has much changed? Probably not a lot. 
    Jay Jay - i went to quite a few Sydney Swans at the SCG just to watch some live AFL etc 

This was when the Swans were deadset hopeless = when Northey Col Kinnear and Buckenara were the senior coach - in that period 

I think under Bucky they lost 20 in a row thats how ordinary they were going - and as a result their average crowd was only 7 or 8 thousand 

Actually it was perfect for me - because they were so shitthouse - you could allways get a park in their car park - you could roll up 1.30pm = and watch the last qtr of the reserves - and their was plenty of legroom and beautiful sunshine  in the Bradman Concourse where i used to sit 

And because the crowd was so sparse - you could here alot that was yelled out - and i never heard any racism 

Maybe - and im not being a smart alec - but that Syd Swans crowd are mainly Eastern Suburbs based - and they have got a quid in their pocket so maybe they were a more educated crowd 

The vibe i got - was if anyone dld yell anything vile out re race - then no matter what  team colours the offender was wearing- they would have had the shiit belted out of them - the Swans crowd would not have tolerated that type of abuse
    Not doubting you Marko, I'm heartened to hear of the civility of the Sydney crowd, just saying what I witnessed......and it went on long after that. The Krakours copped it big time, those magnificent Narkle brothers.....and as recently as when Lewis Jetta was playing in the local league down here a few years back. Some of the under current from locals was very, very ordinary....and that was from some of the supporters of my own club. And if you chose  to call them out, they redirected their vitriol back at you. How long will it take to eradicate this type of thing from the terraces? Well how long is a piece of string. Natural attrition of these dinosaurs and a growing awareness of youth is the only hope.

oldhendo, Markovina, spinking, Gilgamesh likes this post.

Collingwood currently do not have any indigenous players on their playing list. 
    Could not believe what I heard on the news tonight. Collingwood president think it was Allan Mcallister saying aboriginal players were welcome at Collingwood as long as they behaved like white peoples. No they have never been a racist club much
    I read in one of Kevin Sheedys books - that Polly Farmer in the 1960s when he was captain of Geelong - he wasnt allowed to vote -  not entitled to vote at elections 
  • PCPC    2,190 posts
    edited February 2021
    Markovina said:

I read in one of Kevin Sheedys books - that Polly Farmer in the 1960s when he was captain of Geelong - he wasnt allowed to vote -  not entitled to vote at elections 

Thats right and at one stage Aboriginal people were classed as Fauna.
    Good article I thought by The Wests Mark Duffield in Saturdays Paper
  • TiversTivers    7,720 posts
    Eddie about to fall from KKKollingwood ?

detonator, RIO likes this post.

• paraleticparaletic    3,750 posts
    Tivers said:

Eddie about to fall from KKKollingwood ?

hahahaahaaha

RIO likes this post.

Gee Elliott Yeo looks a long way off.
    Heard on the grapevine he was discouraged by the club against having an operation on his groin last year.
    From my couch view he looks like that wasn’t a great decision.
    Free Willie. Woo Hoo. My prayers have been answered.
    AFL will be far better with him back. Best news I have heard for a long long time.

<:-P <:-P <:-P

spinking, Ngawyni, Manchild likes this post.

Still dont think we will see him this year unfourtunatly
    Why not ?