GP- Christmas Eve

Harness & Greyhounds
Race 1-   Magnificent Storm,  Alta Blues,  Gardys Legacy,  Manning
Race 2-   Diego,  Minstrel,  Parmesan,  Antero
Race 3-   Roman Aviator,  Bracken Sky,  Rock Me Over,  Liam Neil
Race 4-   Sangue Reale,  American Brave,  Euphoric Moment,  Bettor Be Oscar
Race 5-   Patronus Star,  Vultan Tin,  Braeview Bondi,  PatrickThePiranha
Race 6-   Mr Kiwi,  Mister Ardee,  Always Arjay,  A Boy Named Rosie
Race 7-   Yes He's A Ladies Man,  Bettor Pack It,  Major Artist,  Triroyale Brigade
Race 8-   Balcatherine,  Vivere Damore,  Gotta Go Gabbana,  Queen Shenandoah
Race 9-   Howard Hughes,  Mista Shark,  Babyface Adda,  WaltzingWithSierra
Race 10- American Arma,  Rumour Has It,  Novel Approach,  Black Jack Baby

+1 -1

cisco likes this post.

Comments

• ChrisChris    5,218 posts
    Be hot out there!

Gilgamesh likes this post.

• Cant_RefuseCant_Refuse    198 posts
    Absolutely ridiculous it hasn’t been called off
  • BetonmeBetonme    209 posts
    edited December 2020
    scratchings everywhere. Should be pushed back at least.....

• GilgameshGilgamesh    4,718 posts
    Tuas Delight

freodockers likes this post.

• freodockersfreodockers    2,667 posts
    Thank you for that informative tip Gilga.

Rockmeover Gilga style.

• GilgameshGilgamesh    4,718 posts

Rockmeover Gilga style.

Multi

• rooster321rooster321    186 posts
    Wow magnificent storm not much more needs to be said
  • Ivorytrunkey86Ivorytrunkey86    204 posts
    Was big money paid for pradason?
  • JayJayJayJay    7,629 posts
    Winner in 1.55 at Bendigo and 2nd (beaten 1.6m) at Melton in 1.53.1. Don't think he would have been cheap but just guessing. Goes pretty well aside from today but you don't run into Magnificent Storm every week. Has a high NR (76) and a relatively modest HWOE of $18k so probably advantageous to race in WA such are the vagaries of the different systems.

• Ivorytrunkey86Ivorytrunkey86    204 posts
    1.54 in 37 degree heat would sort most of them out

Cant_Refuse likes this post.

• MarkovinaMarkovina    2,889 posts
    All credit to MS - 1.54 second line and then breezing and still broke 30 in the final qtr

Looking at the replay - the no 7 horse AS  who was 151-1 - outside of the winner with 600 to go it was travelling the best - it looked to have plenty in the tank - went for a narrow gap - contacted sulky and broke 

2nd horse got within 1.1 metres - thus would have been interesting - if the 7 horse had got the run

• curmudgeoncurmudgeon    2,417 posts
    Markovina said:

All credit to MS - 1.54 second line and then breezing and still broke 30 in the final qtr

Looking at the replay - the no 7 horse AS  who was 151-1 - outside of the winner with 600 to go it was travelling the best - it looked to have plenty in the tank - went for a narrow gap - contacted sulky and broke 

2nd horse got within 1.1 metres - thus would have been interesting - if the 7 horse had got the run
    AS ... that was hard to watch ....could have wrecked that horse

Chris likes this post.

• ChrisChris    5,218 posts
    Looked like Rocket Racer post-race
    Congrats Rocket on another winner.
    Looks like he’s going to be a good earner for the stable.
    Well done.

Rocket_Reign likes this post.

• Rocket_ReignRocket_Reign    841 posts

Congrats Rocket on another winner.
    Looks like he’s going to be a good earner for the stable.
    Well done.

Thanks mate he’s doing a good job hopefully he can continue on

curmudgeon, JayJay likes this post.

Chris said:

Looked like Rocket Racer post-race

If there was ever - ever - ever - ever a $64 Million Dollar Question - its why was that horse not swabbed after its Perth Cup win - im asking that - seeing you mentioned  that horse - and also because  it is Perth Cup time 

But back then i used to follow the gallops closely ( and bet on them ) - i can remember Harry White he rode the 2nd place  horse i think - and it was a very talented horse - Colin Alderston  trained it  - a very astute mentor - it was a seriously talented horse - been running in Caulfied Cups or whatever 

I can picture RR now - it was going like the Indian Pacific Locomotive out in front - literally pulling Millers arms out of its socket ( and normally gallops or trots they are the 1st horse beat when they do that 

From memory - Harrys mount got to within a couple of lengths of it at the 600 - and then RR dropped it like a Stony Creek maiden - and won by about 6-7 lengths

I know the poor horse collapsed in the mounting yard - but still why wasnt it swabbed - and while im at it - what happened to RR- did it ever race again and do anything of note - or was that its final race .
  • savethegamesavethegame    2,786 posts
     Marko--Horse welfare was the main concern. Horse was getting  helped with two blokes locking arms on his hindquarters  to  help get him back to stalls-- Classic John Hunt said there doing that to stop him kicking.----- R.R. was flat out standing.let alone, capable of kicking..
  • sonnysonny    1,054 posts
    H i Marko, I am sure it raced again not long after the cup.. I will check on Google.. Dont remember the 2 nd horses name but I know Craig Carmody rode  some thing that year..
  • savethegamesavethegame    2,786 posts
    Marko go to you tube --Rocket Racer--gives the whole box&dice. Would like to find earlier in the day interview with  trainer Buster O'malley  the trainer said it would win by as far as you could throw a rock.
    Thanks STG 

Puckle Harbour was that horse of Colin Alderson - only got beaten 9 lengths - hah - Sandown Cup winner 

Maxy Simmonds hey - i forgot how good he was - he had a real sharp tone/voice which i liked and great diction .

TrackBias likes this post.