G'day Punter!

In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 38 Non Members
What are Lewis and Voak doing at Albany? Money can't be that tight. Have a night off lads.
+1 -1

Cant_Refuse likes this post.

Comments

• curmudgeoncurmudgeon    2,417 posts
    Deni getting the job done on a couple of roughies

VillageKid, SLIPPERGOLDEN, Cant_Refuse likes this post.

• curmudgeoncurmudgeon    2,417 posts
    So an example...Powerplay..utilises the beat the handicapper rule in the last at Albany after defeating a top class field at GP on NY Eve.....wins by 21m untroubled as $1.06 fav...

add blind nominations & PBD $L3

enjoy the 10hr round trip thrill seekers

• savethegamesavethegame    2,786 posts
     Correct Curmudge. Was Aware This beat the handicapper rule, is totally  against what we are trying to achieve in minimise number of odds-on favourites. Horse wins G.P. against very handy bunch of  two year-olds  then wins at Albany, 1.06.

Start thinking Albany is not far enough away.---for battlers

But maybe the race doesn't stand up if powerplay wasn't in it ?

But you will be more sick with blind nominations,  trainer that has a handle  on form what his horse is capable of isn't allowed to have the right to say i can't beat this,this this,this. this this,.prior to making a 10 hour return trip to be proven right...
  • loose_gooseloose_goose    2,069 posts
    How impressive was it's win at GP the other night .It's last 200m would have been slick
  • freodockersfreodockers    2,667 posts
    If you watch ACL in the replay you could argue he was just giving the horse a run (looking after it for Albany) until he found himself to his amazement a chance of running top 3.

Cant_Refuse likes this post.

• savethegamesavethegame    2,786 posts

How impressive was it's win at GP the other night .It's last 200m would have been slick

Went past them like they were fence posts----be surprised power play ran last quarter much quicker then 30.They were chopping out 14.8m/sec. couple ticks over 27 bat  for long way early..
  • MarkovinaMarkovina    2,889 posts
    Surely that 3 year old winning at GP in a city class race - becomes ineligible for the Albany race - maybe we could ask the WA Trots handicapper - oh there isnt one anymore - he got  "let go " after many years fine  service 

Way back in the old days with standing starts ( not advocating them ) that 3yr old GP winner would have got rehandicapped 12 yards or  possibly 24 yards - if they still let it run at Albany - which is highly doubtful 
  • SLIPPERGOLDENSLIPPERGOLDEN    7,741 posts
    edited January 2021

Peter Profit Loves her. Image and comment here;

https://peterprofit.com/ ;       

• Cant_RefuseCant_Refuse    198 posts

Peter Profit Loves her. Image and comment here;

what’s he got to say this time
  • ThunderstruckThunderstruck    7,676 posts
    click on the link it speaks for itself lol assuming thats her i wouldnt know either way.

Sexist? yes, but the most sense that DH has made for years if it is her :))

freodockers dislikes this post.

Get a grip.
    Deni Robert’s has started from nothing and worked as hard as any other young driver to achieve the success she is having.
    Don’t know her but all I know is she started driving country horses and has worked her way through the ranks with limited opportunities.
    She holds her own against any other driver and that’s all that matters.
    Good luck to her.
  • GilgameshGilgamesh    4,717 posts

Get a grip.
    Deni Robert’s has started from nothing and worked as hard as any other young driver to achieve the success she is having.
    Don’t know her but all I know is she started driving country horses and has worked her way through the ranks with limited opportunities.
    She holds her own against any other driver and that’s all that matters.
    Good luck to her.

Speaks very well too, have heard her a couple of times when they were doing the Teal pants to raise awareness of ovarian cancer, magnificent ambassador for the sport.

JayJay, VillageKid, curmudgeon, savethegame likes this post.

Pity that Deni Roberts - interview/story isnt  in The West Australian 

Instead in todays issue Jay Rooney has a full page on the gallopers - some ex truck driver wins a lowly race at Pinj - 1st win in about 7 years - and a big picture of the 4-5 owners 

And of course today we get our daily update on the Kardashians - oh i mean the Parnhams - you know how the twin bros jockeys are going - their latest comebacks - injury updates - ambitions - sojourns over East - and whatever - blooody hell - and of course their fathers stable runners

Whats Jay Rooneys background in horses - i remember a jockey vaguely Max Rooney - but J Rooney does he know what a harness horse is - or even that they exist 
  • JayJayJayJay    7,628 posts
    Max Roney, Marko. Ive got no problem with what the West does with their gallops coverage but they almost totally ignore Harness Racing to the point that you wonder whether it is deliberate. The Parnhams deserve coverage and I don't think referring to them as the "Kardashians" is at all justified or respectful. But there are good stories galore in Harness Racing (and Greyhounds as well, I am sure) but who would ever know. Ernie puts together a column of snippets in the Sunday Times but never any photos. Matt Young covered the Captain Proud story brilliantly on TAB radio "One Out One Back' on Tuesday, got Brad Stampalia on the show and junior driver Hayden Hancock....great stuff but preaching to a limited audience of already rusted on converts. The West has degenerated into a 10th rate comic book tabloid of nothingness, devoting column after column to American and overseas cut and paste jobs. Childish lower school play on words headlines seems to be the order of the day.....absolute tripe.

VillageKid, Rocket_Reign, Muldoon likes this post.

• MuldoonMuldoon    317 posts
    JayJay said:

Max Roney, Marko. Ive got no problem with what the West does with their gallops coverage but they almost totally ignore Harness Racing to the point that you wonder whether it is deliberate. The Parnhams deserve coverage and I don't think referring to them as the "Kardashians" is at all justified or respectful. But there are good stories galore in Harness Racing (and Greyhounds as well, I am sure) but who would ever know. Ernie puts together a column of snippets in the Sunday Times but never any photos. Matt Young covered the Captain Proud story brilliantly on TAB radio "One Out One Back' on Tuesday, got Brad Stampalia on the show and junior driver Hayden Hancock....great stuff but preaching to a limited audience of already rusted on converts. The West has degenerated into a 10th rate comic book tabloid of nothingness, devoting column after column to American and overseas cut and paste jobs. Childish lower school play on words headlines seems to be the order of the day.....absolute tripe.

Not wrong there JJ, the days of Ken Casellas & Gino De Mori covering Harness Racing gave it as good a coverage as the Gallops there for awhile, and having people who are covering it who are passionate about the sport they go those steps further.

Re the Parnham's, great family (even though sold me a few slow ones), Don't think it is their fault they are getting good coverage (success get's you that), so bit of a low blow Marko, though I agree that any racing article to the West seems more appropriate than a Harness article.
    Muldoon said:

JayJay said:

Not wrong there JJ, the days of Ken Casellas & Gino De Mori covering Harness Racing gave it as good a coverage as the Gallops there for awhile, and having people who are covering it who are passionate about the sport they go those steps further.

Re the Parnham's, great family (even though sold me a few slow ones), Don't think it is their fault they are getting good coverage (success get's you that), so bit of a low blow Marko, though I agree that any racing article to the West seems more appropriate than a Harness article.
    Mate - ive got nothing against the Parnhams - but the sheer volume of articles about that one particular racing family - by that particular writer - incredible - that cant be disputed - im sick of reading about them 

Maybe it is the easy bail-out article - in that - they have nothing much to write about - so they will fill space yet again telling us - what the participants of that family racing stable are up to re the gallops 

VillageKid, savethegame likes this post.

• MuldoonMuldoon    317 posts
    Markovina said:

Muldoon said:

JayJay said:

Mate - ive got nothing against the Parnhams - but the sheer volume of articles about that one particular racing family - by that particular writer - incredible - that cant be disputed - im sick of reading about them 

Maybe it is the easy bail-out article - in that - they have nothing much to write about - so they will fill space yet again telling us - what the participants of that family racing stable are up to re the gallops 
    That was kind of point, fluffy article on Gallops, seem to get prority over anything Harness.

VillageKid, savethegame likes this post.

• VillageKidVillageKid    2,275 posts
    edited January 2021
    Well The West's supposed "trots writer" is too busy watching and writing about Lark Hill trials than going out to a trots stable and doing a story Marko, actually he may well do them but they just almost never see the light of day in that fish and chip wrapper. 
    Vultan Tin winning the Pacing Cup should have been a story with big write up on horse and trainer who has been in the caper for nearly 50 years with limited success until VT came along and what a great horse he has been here in WA, but virtually nothing written. 
    Or how about doing a story on one of our upcoming 4yo stars like Magnificent Storm, Howard Hughes, Patronus Star etc in the lead up to next months Golden Nugget?
    There are many horses, trainers, young drivers here in WA that are worth a write up even if just a few times a week, anything is better than the current nothing we get!

savethegame, Markovina likes this post.

“Totally ignore harness racing to the point where you wonder wether it is deliberate”.
    Has been going on for years.
    There is only one body responsible RWWA.
    Seriously how stupid are they.
    It’s a business, 3 codes yet they allow it to happen.
    Then they beat harness and dogs up for poor turnover.
    Not a level playing field.
    Jay Jay stop wondering you hit the nail on the head.

VillageKid, Offthebit likes this post.

Gee Aiden DeCampo is having a decent ol weekend in the sulky.
    3 winners and a 2nd at GP last night and all started at decent prices.
    And so far tonight at Albany he has driven 4 winners and a 2nd from the first 5 races, with a chance at one or two more wins to come.

Gilgamesh, JayJay likes this post.

I know there can be quite a few odds on favourites at Albany - however i find the racing a hell of alot more exciting and entertaining their   than boring old Bunbury 

As for drivers - i tell you who drives very well is Hayden Hancock - that 1st winner ( who put the writing on the wall at its previous 2 starts - got a really good turn of foot ) is not an easy horse to drive - got plenty of tricks - it could have busted up a couple of times tonight - but he kept it - in its gait - and drove it perfectly

Got another winner since - and a longshot placing - he drives very well - looks good in the cart 
    edited January 2021

Gee Aiden DeCampo is having a decent ol weekend in the sulky.

3 winners and a 2nd at GP last night and all started at decent prices.
    And so far tonight at Albany he has driven 4 winners and a 2nd from the first 5 races, with a chance at one or two more wins to come.
    DeCampo ended up with 5 wins & 2 seconds from his 7 drives in a productive trip to Albany last night.

Marko both of young Hancock's winners were at decent prices too.

Having said all that I thought the drive from SJS on WaltzingWithSierra & Luke Woodworth on Tiza New Day were 2 of the best from the weekend.