G'day Punter!

In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 30 Non Members

Magic Millions day 16.01.2021

East Coast Racing
Have only looked at the barrier draw for the Guineas, have never had much interest in the 2yo race a couple at odds in Finance Tycoon and Baby Wong hold a bit of interest..maybe but not sure on that race at all yet.
As it's early in the week i have no knowledege as to the likely track conditions or weather up there..hopefully a good track or just into the soft range at worst.

For the Guineas, the barrier draw has been kind to all the favoured runners, Away Game 3, Forbidden Love 4, Isotope 7(into 6 after scratchings)also is pretty good.The smokey and the one with 1400m form is the underrated Apache Chase who drew 1, he is $14 and worth a punt maybe at those odds or better..has 57 which may have a small impact giving all the females weight.

Bossy is bullish as usual no surprise there but i see Apache Chase probably giving her some serious competition on pace which might be to her detriment as it's her first time at 1400, meanwhile likely sitting just off them smoking the pipe are Isotope and Forbidden Love(who i think may prefer it wet but has plenty of ability)..plus these two are getting 1.5/2 kgs respectively off last years 2yo millions winner.
Away Game's advantage if she has one is she loves the Goldy track, should be a beauty of a race as should the day in general..not the easiest punting day though from memory.

Will be looking out for Paradee and Yao Dash in other races when the all the fields come out..do not know what happened to Exhilarates Cummings didnt nom for the mares race for some reason :(

Comments

• ThunderstruckThunderstruck    7,676 posts
    Exhilarates IS nommed, in the Snippets race i didnt look there.See whether she accepts tomorrow.
  • OhsomodestOhsomodest    67 posts
    I have been very keen on Finance Tycoon since the market opened. A little concerned that the fillies went much quicker than the boys and came home as quick.
    Miss Hipstar looks a great e/w bet at $17/$5.00. Gave Swift Witness 4kgs on the weekend, and gets it all back on Saturday. Fastest last 200m of the race despite losing a shoe in running. Was baulked in the early part of the straight as she commenced her run, losing momentum and a couple of lengths on the winner. The barrier’s not flash but then most of the favoured horses are out in the car park with her.
  • oldhendooldhendo    763 posts
    Gotta Kiss for me.
    Fair to say Paradee is flying bolted in(when the weights werent in her favour)as did the first winner for TRK's mate Avdulla :P

Manchild likes this post.

Beaut run by Exhilarates i love this consistent mare, she probably had her chance to run the winner down..i got 4.35 the drum early doors and had more on today at the skinnier odds.

oldhendo likes this post.

edited January 2021
    :( WHAT THE PHUK happened there  =((

Nothing personal but GFY sideways jmac 
    :))
  • therealkramertherealkramer    8,008 posts
    Avduffer left the fence on the fav(Yao Dash) and look where the winner came from? He is a deadset nonentity
    Seriously tho, did that track race like a GOOD 4? 
    oh well wont be holding my breath for the 2022 version of this...

that arsey bij Katelyn Mallyon backed her poof bf on a crab that should NOT have won the guineas..prob had $10 each way it :-@ 
    :))

Seriously tho, did that track race like a GOOD 4? 

no way i thought a downgrade may have happened but they upgraded wtf...anyway i'm glad its fuggen over Paradee and Exhilarates early saved me just..
  • detonatordetonator    4,360 posts

Avduffer left the fence on the fav(Yao Dash) and look where the winner came from? He is a deadset nonentity

Guess who rode Yao Dash when it won the other day ? The same bloke who Avduffer let through.
    The Sydney racing jockey scene is dodgy as f*** I reckon. 
  • paraleticparaletic    3,750 posts
    Carnt of a day. Wont bet there again. They carry on like its better than royal ascot week.....
  • thefalconthefalcon    19,949 posts
    hang on lads, did you have a look at the size of the fields? to try to pick a winner is a bloody raffle.
    detonator said:

Guess who rode Yao Dash when it won the other day ? The same bloke who Avduffer let through.
    The Sydney racing jockey scene is dodgy as f*** I reckon. 
    I actually liked Eleven Eleven, it's just the 4.5kg weight pull(they met at level weights at Wyong) that swayed me towards the fav. I don't think it was dodgy-Nash probably would've ridden Yao Dash if he could make 54kg, Avduffer is just massively overrated.
    paraletic said:

Carnt of a day. Wont bet there again. They carry on like its better than royal ascot week.....

I'll be back next year for sure. The stewards report confirmed Isotope clipped heels of Away Game in the Guineas

"ISOTOPE – After passing the 400 metre mark, hung out and clipped the heels of AWAY GAME, dislodging rider R. Maloney. A post-race veterinary examination revealed the filly to have a laceration to the off side mouth."

me too although the Guineas will take some forgetting..its the not knowing that shits me i.e was she going to smoke them(imagine how connections feel with nearly 1.2 mill "lost" in a second of madness).

Falc is right in that the big fields make it harder to punt but i thought the track contributed it seemed shifty yesty, plenty of kickback for a just into soft range track..haven't analysed the times recorded etc but they weren't quick generally so i reckon the upgrading to a good4 was a stretch.

Not sure who it is that overrates Avdulla though TRK? i know you dislike him greatly i reckon he is ok, they all are capable of a butcher job or 3 not sure i really have a favourite there obviously Jmac is a level above generally but can still F one just not as regularly.

oldhendo likes this post.

• SLIPPERGOLDENSLIPPERGOLDEN    7,741 posts
    As I couldn't copy and paste I am Quoting Peter Profit ;

I swear Queensland stewards must have been watching a different race to me when they gave Glen Boss the all clear for his ride on Away Game and allowed Australia's most cocky jockey to walk away from the Magic Millions Guineas debacle that he looked for the world to have caused.

• tonytony    2,361 posts
    As usual peter profit has no idea